Secondary IF
Options

well, AF came...YAY, but can't start my IVF cycle..GRRR!!

i am beyond mad, sad, frustrated, etc...i was all ready to start my 3rd IVF cycle..after my 3 month "break" that I chose to have after my 2 failed back to back IVFs....well i was siked to get my period today...called in for my day 1 and the nurse happened to ask if I would be away in august...well no, i told her, but was going away for a weekend in september (Sept 9-11) for a wedding in St. Louis....well, because of that, we would be cutting it close with the timing of everything (retrieval, transfer,etc) and she didn't want to take any chances...so one more month of waiting....SO SO SO MAD!!!  I keep hearing the doctors voice in my head...she told me before I decided to take a break, that my eggs get "older" each month and that I shouldn't "break" for too long....now I feel like this one extra month is going to hurt me...my egg quality is very poor as it is...

one positive thing about waiting the extra month is that it will give me more time with the DHEA (been on it for just about 2 1/2 months and they say being on for 3 months or more is optimal) and I could do more acupuncture...

until next month.......   

Jaime... Mommy to Alexa Shaye and Sofia Gabrielle imageMy Bio CafeMom Tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: well, AF came...YAY, but can't start my IVF cycle..GRRR!!

• Options

sorry :(  I hope everything goes smoothly once you do start to cycle.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm sorry.  that stinks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That stinks Jaime! 

On the bright side...you will have a buddy during monitoring b/c I will be cycling around the same time.

In all seriousness, can't they adjust your BCP or something to make it work?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options

GRRRR is right. How f'ing frustrating. I swear, the whole "waiting game" is such a mind f*ck. Waiting for this, waiting for that... I hate to wish away time while my son is young and we are all relatively healthy and happy but I find myself doing it. A lot.

I am full of F bombs tonight.

If you were cutting it close it may have been even more stressful - so go, have fun at the wedding then come home and get back to business.

I feel your pain sister. Hang in there!

btw - where do you do acupuncture?

ttc #2 since 6/09 ** au naturel (many months) = bfn ** acupuncture + herbs (many months) = bfn ** acupuncture + herbs + IUI (2 rounds) = bfn ** gonal f + ovidrel + IUI (7 rounds) = bfn ** IVF w/ICSI+PGD - all embryos arrested 4/28/12 GAME OVER ** image >
  • Options

the waiting is the worst....but it's good that you are thinking positively regarding the dhea and the acu! 

i hope the time goes fast .u will be there before u know it!!

• Options

Familiar story! We are taking a 2 month break (June and July) and then starting up again in Sept. We'll be away for a week in Oct, so we'll have a break then as well. I'm hoping I don't lose too much time, but I really needed a few months for a mental break. I've been taking DHEA about 2 months as well - I hope you're right and 3 months is optimal! :)

Jen, married 9/7/07 DD born 11/26/08 TTC #2 since 3/2010 Clomid cycle 12/2010 (resulted in chemical pregnancy) RE visit 1/2011 (unexplained secondary infertility) IUIs 1, 2, 3, 4 - Lupron + Follistim + Ovidrel = BFNs 7/2011 - Mental and physical break
  • Options
    Sorry you have to wait. But, hopefully, the DHEA will help out and you will get that BFP.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • Options

That stinks, I'm so sorry.

But I'm with Amanda, I think this means we'll all be around the same time now, I think.  My surgery is Wednesday, and then I have 28 days of meds, and then AF should start sometime during the last week of meds or in the few days following, so my next cd1 should be around the beginning of September and the IUI middle of the month.

In other news, I spent 6 months on DHEA-S and just went off it, because he said it has now done all it can do to supercharge my ovaries. And it wasn't until after 2 months, or maybe 3, that it was supposed to hit its most therapeutic effect. So I think you will be right at the high point!

Again, I'm sorry, the whole hurry up and wait thing is the hardest part.

• Options
    I'm sorry you have to wait.  SOunds like you are putting a positive spin on it.  Good luck when your cycle finally gets to start!
  • Options
    JMayJMay member
    Oh Man, that sucks.  I feel your frustration - and I envy your ability to look for the positive (DHEA)  Keep it up Girl!!!
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"