May 2011 Moms
Options

How did you deliver?(clicky poll)

Bored again so here?s a clicky poll :)[Poll]
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Visit The Nest!image

Re: How did you deliver?(clicky poll)

• Options
    I'm a SS!  I had an epidural-free induction, but it obviously wasn't natural or med-free.  And I had stadol administered through the IV for pain (terrible decision, as it did nothing but make me drowsy).
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Options

imagekacelle:
    I'm a SS!  I had an epidural-free induction, but it obviously wasn't natural or med-free.  And I had stadol administered through the IV for pain (terrible decision, as it did nothing but make me drowsy).

This.  Except I had nitrus oxide (sp???) and Nubane.  In the end I got my vaginal birth so I was happy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageKMHC79:

imagekacelle:

This.  Except I had nitrus oxide (sp???) and Nubane.  In the end I got my vaginal birth so I was happy.

Ditto except no nitrous just Nubane. He came to fast for me to get an Epi.

• Options
    darmcadarmca member
    imageKMHC79:

imagekacelle:

Ditto- I had the gas and  nubane (but no stadol) for my induction. I didn't want the nubane but I wasn't dilating and they though it would help.  I LOVED the gas and don't think I'd get an epi next time either.

• Options
    I wish more US hospitals offered gas.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageiris427:
    Me too, I'd like to try that.
    imageimage
  • Options

imageiris427:

I was wondering why that wasn't something offered to me.  I guess it's common in Canada?  

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Options
    4th degree episiotomy.  So basically a c-section on my hoo ha?
  • Options
    With Ds I had nubane & I hated it. Also I had an episiotomy, and had to have surgery because the placenta wouldn't come out of me. With DD she was born sunny side up and I was med-free.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm in Canada and it is (at least where I am) very common. I was willing to try it, as it was the only med that wouldn't affect baby (my opinion and research). I tried a few whiffs, then it ran out haha. But, it was a nice distraction, as they didn't tell me it ran out until he was born.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Gas?? Dont think we use this in Germany. Do you get it during delivery? Does it numb the pain or what does it do? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Visit The Nest!image
  • Options

imageheikem87:
    Gas?? Dont think we use this in Germany. Do you get it during delivery? Does it numb the pain or what does it do? 

We have it here... it's like laughing gas.  I tried and I hated it. 

Baby #2 on the way! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

It's nitrous oxide gas, like some dentists offer. It is offered at my hospital, but I stayed home too long to be offered anything. Honestly, that worked out great but I won't push my luck with a second birth that could easily be much faster.

I think gas is also common in Britain, which might have somehow influenced it's availability here.  It should be used more in the States - sometimes all you need is a few minutes of relief to keep going, and gas is easy to try and quit if it doesn't agree with you.

• Options
    imagekacelle:

imageiris427:

I was wondering why that wasn't something offered to me.  I guess it's common in Canada?  

I used gas too. I was also given a shot of demoral, and when that wore off I was given fentynol (sp?).  When I took the hospital tour I was surprised when they told me they very rarely use epidurals.  It's only if a mom is extremely worked up, has a very low pain tolerance, or is probably going to end up with a c-section that they give them. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    darmcadarmca member
    One more nice side-effect of the gas is that it's like a reward for breathing while in labor. I was taking great, big, deep, breaths during my contractions Stick out tongue
  • Options
    imagedahansen85:
    imagekacelle:

imageiris427:

I used gas too. I was also given a shot of demoral, and when that wore off I was given fentynol (sp?).  When I took the hospital tour I was surprised when they told me they very rarely use epidurals.  It's only if a mom is extremely worked up, has a very low pain tolerance, or is probably going to end up with a c-section that they give them. 

The hospital that I delivered at only about 20 to 25% of the patients end up having epidurals. They don't push it on you unless you specifically ask for it. 

When I eventually asked for pain control I was first offered gas and then I had Fentanyl which worked great for the most part. I ended up getting an epidural an hour before LO was born because I was exhausted after being awake for almost 48 hours and needed the rest before pushing.

Baby #2 on the way! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Got my dream labor! All natural, no meds. Was in labor for 11 hours and it hurt like HELL but so worth it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagekacelle:

imageiris427:

Yes and there are only like 3 hospitals in the entire US that offer it.  I've been hearing more about a push to expand it into more US hospitals and I hope that happens. 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I delivered pain-med free.  My water broke and my contractions were not consistent ~ I went from 2 cm to 3 cm dilated in 3 hours.  My doctor suggest pitocin to regulate the contractions so I could still deliver naturally and earlier than if we let me progress on my own. 

Best.decision.ever!  I got the lowest dose and my contractions were regular and managable.  Pitocin was started at 8:30 am and I delivered DD at 1:43 pm

I feel really blessed to have a dr who just had her first baby a few months before I delivered and was so open and understanding.  She really listened to my concerns and wants and worked with me to provide the best birth possible. 

~~~I am MrsPLW71~~~ Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

My Birth Story
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"