Pregnant after 35

When (if ever) did you stop freaking out?

I'm normally pretty easy going and I'm already at 18 weeks with good NT scan results (age 40, 1st preganncy) and good labs so far.  BUT, I'm still not able to totally relax and enjoy.  I worry about every little twinge in my belly, I worry that I'm not resting enough and toss and turn at night.  If I exercise I worry I'm doing too much and then worry I'm not doing enough if I don't!!  And of course...still worry that all the tests and labs missed something!!   

I don't like being this way!!!   

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: When (if ever) did you stop freaking out?

• jb2rnjb2rn member

I think you worry until you are holding your baby in your arms.

Then, you worry until the day you die! Stick out tongue It's called being a parent.

Seriously, though, I think it ebbs and flows during pregnancy. I felt a sense of relief when the second tri started, then I had off and on again spotting (and still do) so then I was worried again. Each stage of pregnancy brings something to worry about.

Just try your hardest to enjoy it, and slowly it gets easier.

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• I am getting better the farther along I get, but I still worry.   Will I be able to have her naturally, or will it have to be a C?  When I will feel her on a regular basis- why do I have to have an anterior placenta LOL!  Ok, I will calm down when I know she has at least a fighting chance outside of me (yeah right!).  Well I am so happy I get to see her next Friday at our a/s scan- but wait, what if somethings wrong!  Yeah, I am in the same boat, but I am enjoying the ride and trying to not to worry myself to death- there is plenty of time for that when she is here and able to do her thing out of my sight! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It comes and goes with worrying and like PP said, it's all about being a parent. When you start feeling kicks everyday, I think the worrying goes down a bit.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 4/9/09 - Chloe, our angel twin Lilypie First Birthday tickers>
  • I never stop worrying. I still worry and my older kids are 3 1/2 and 5 :) Welcome to motherhood!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Congratulations!

Worry is just par for the course, unfortunately.  I find yoga helps.  :) 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I was a nervous wreck w/my son.  Checking for spotting every time every time I wiped, freaking out over cramping or even lack of cramping & checking my bbs to make sure they were still sore.  It was tough.  Prayer helped ease my mind, since the baby was in God's hands anyway.  I also started walking on a treadmilll about 30 min. 3x's/wk.  Each milestone helped me feel better too - esp. after seeing him clearly for the 1st time on the anatomy scan.

I know it's hard, but do your best not to focus on the "what ifs" & enjoy this special time.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejb2rn:

I think you worry until you are holding your baby in your arms.

Then, you worry until the day you die! Stick out tongue It's called being a parent.

Seriously, though, I think it ebbs and flows during pregnancy. I felt a sense of relief when the second tri started, then I had off and on again spotting (and still do) so then I was worried again. Each stage of pregnancy brings something to worry about.

Just try your hardest to enjoy it, and slowly it gets easier.

This. 

My Mom still worries about me. She will call and ask Are you doing________ with the kids? Then tell me about the horror story she read.

The easiest way to know if you are over doing it with exercise is to see if you can talk. If you can't talk then you are over doing it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"