Infertility Veterans

I need a change in my life

Like yesterday.

I'm so over everything. I'm pretty much unhappy all the time. I spend 80% of my day at work thinking about how much I hate it here.

And I just can't figure out what to do about it. Obviously the change that would make me the happiest would be to have a baby. Clearly that isn't happening.

Another big one would be to get a new job but I've applied for everything I can find and nothing doing. So that's out.

I guess I could just quit and be a SAHW but I don't want to. I'd be so lonely. That's the one positive of work...contact with other humans. Since DH is gone and traveling most of the time, if I just stayed at home, I'd likely lose my mind. Quickly. Plus..I feel like I need to do more with myself than that. I don't know.

I guess I'm just in a really bad place right now and I can't for the life of me seem to be able to break out of it.

I just want something different.

TTC #1 since June 2008 *SAIFW*

TI, IUIs, IVF = c/ps and BFNs

Re: I need a change in my life

• If you don't need the income you could quit and volunteer PT and work your DD as a party planner PT.

I hate that you're in this place. Sometimes a good shake up is really an okay thing to do, and not (day)dream about.

And HUGS.

+++
  • imageEdwina.McDunnough:

If you don't need the income you could quit and volunteer PT and work your DD as a party planner PT.

I hate that you're in this place. Sometimes a good shake up is really an okay thing to do, and not (day)dream about.

Yeah..that's the thing, and maybe this is me just being way too uptight because, well, I'm like that but while we don't need the income now, with DH's line of work, it is entirely possibly that he could suddenly be without a job. And then we'd have to move to who knows where for him to get a new job. Coaching isn't stable. At all.

So the thought of him not having a job and me not having a job (especially because I decided I didn't want to) scares the sh!t out of me. I'm just not one to be all chill about it like "meh, we have savings that we could live off of..." or anything like that.

I hate that it sounds like I'm making excuses but..well, I'm anal.

• Loading the player...
  • imagemadelyn07:
    imageEdwina.McDunnough:

If you don't need the income you could quit and volunteer PT and work your DD as a party planner PT.

Yeah..that's the thing, and maybe this is me just being way too uptight because, well, I'm like that but while we don't need the income now, with DH's line of work, it is entirely possibly that he could suddenly be without a job. And then we'd have to move to who knows where for him to get a new job. Coaching isn't stable. At all.

So the thought of him not having a job and me not having a job (especially because I decided I didn't want to) scares the sh!t out of me. I'm just not one to be all chill about it like "meh, we have savings that we could live off of..." or anything like that.

. Hugs sweetie. I know how you feel. I felt like that until I luckily found a new job that moved me across the country. I NEEDED the change for my sanity. And I truly felt like myself again after the move. Sometimes change is just what we need. Could you maybe do something that would introduce you to a new set of folks. Like a book club or cooking club. Paint a room in your house or remodel a room. Change your hair color. When I was in the place you are in now I really wanted to get a tattoo. I didn't. But I bet it would have helped.
    Beautiful Miracle Baby lost at 21 weeks due to pre-term labor and incompetent cervix. FET#1 BFN, FET#2 BFP, early loss. FET#3 BFN. IVF#2 BFFN. FET #4 BFP after removing bilateral hydrosalpinx and 3 months of lupron depot. Sticky Bun is here!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hugs, i know how u feel and it sucks.  I feel very much the same as u do, about my job.  If  I never have a child, i HAVE to change jobs.

Sometimes u just feel like ur in such a rut.  Could u do something with animals?  Maybe meet some new people?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I hate that you're feeling this way.  How about looking into doing something that you really REALLY love.  I know you love animals, could you go to school maybe to be a vet or volunteer somewhere.  Find something that makes you happy and just run with it. 

((hugs)) sweetie...

My Wonderful Sister is my GC!!!! 3 IUIs, 2 unmedicated, 1 50mg of Clomid = All BFNs Next step IVF!!!! Melinda & Michael 5*6*06 God Bless The Broken Road
  • imagevanessagorc:

Hugs, i know how u feel and it sucks.  I feel very much the same as u do, about my job.  If  I never have a child, i HAVE to change jobs.

Sometimes u just feel like ur in such a rut.  Could u do something with animals?  Maybe meet some new people?

I'd really love to do something with animals. I seriously would quit my job and take a minimum wage job at the animal shelter if they had any openings. And be happy about it. Gah, I really shouldn't complain..I have a "good" job, stable job, amazing benefits..and so many people would kill to just have a job. But man, 60+ hours a week in a place you absolutely loathe is tough, tough, tough. 

I did meet some new people last weekend at a BBQ--my new gay (couple) husbands! LOL! I need to hang out with them again soon...

• imageEchloe:
    imagemadelyn07:
    imageEdwina.McDunnough:

. Hugs sweetie. I know how you feel. I felt like that until I luckily found a new job that moved me across the country. I NEEDED the change for my sanity. And I truly felt like myself again after the move. Sometimes change is just what we need. Could you maybe do something that would introduce you to a new set of folks. Like a book club or cooking club. Paint a room in your house or remodel a room. Change your hair color. When I was in the place you are in now I really wanted to get a tattoo. I didn't. But I bet it would have helped.

I'm glad to know someone understand where I'm coming from. And I'm glad it worked out for you! Hopefully it'll work out for me, too. 

I think that may be part of what has me down..even if I find my dream job in, say, California, we'd never move for it. DH's job is here and as long as it is, this is where we will be. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Auburn but my dream job isn't here in this sleepy little southern town. I knew this going into our marriage, of course, that my career would be put on the back burner always but I guess it is just harder now that I'm 3+ years removed from college than I thought it would be. My bad.

• I'm sorry you are in this place, my dear friend.  But I know exactly what you mean.  DH and I tried to buy several houses during a similar period because we just needed a change.  Needed something new, to do and focus on.  Maybe it's time to move, lol?  Or buy something large.  That usually helps me for a period of time.  Not good on the wallet, but usually fun :).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Is there a simple, easier to get job out there that would make you truly happy?

I ask because I know several close friends and family members who took paycuts to work in simpler jobs that they just really enjoy.  Seriously. 

My aunt lost her job as an attorney and now she just does work from her home and volunteers at an orphanage in Romania.  Even though she has much less money than she did, she is so happy.

Can you work with animals? 

Heck, I even have a friend who is deliriously happy working at a neighborhood pizza restaurant. 

Just do whatever makes you happy!!  Big Smile

imageimageimage

TTC since March 2009 // Me and DH - 28
    Testing Summer/Fall 2010 - Unexplained IF
    IUIs #1-4 ~ Clomid/Ovidrel/TI/IUI ~ all BFNs
    IUI #5 ~ Femara/Ovidrel/TI/IUI ~ BFN
    IUIs #6-9 ~ Research Study Meds/Pregnyl/TI/IUI ~ all BFNs
    IVF Consultation, More Testing
    Diagnostic Cycle ~ Mucinex/Progesterone/TI ~ BFN
    IVF #1 ~ Menopur/Bravelle/Ganirelix/Novarel/Progesterone/Lupron
    7R, 6F // 2 transferred // 3 frosties ~ BFN
    FET #1 ~ Estrace/PIO/Lupron
    3 thawed // 2 transferred // 1 lost // no more frosties ~ BFP!!
    Beta #1 - 456 // Beta #2 - 1176 // Beta #3 - 2933 // Beta #4 - 6753
    EDD: May 16, 2013
    Threatened MC at 6w2d
    Bedrest for SCH // 6w2d through 10w1d
    Elevated TSH and Lazy Thyroid DX @ 10w - Started Synthroid
    Finally released from RE at 13w
    Charles Everett ~ Born 5/20/2013

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

~~ My IF Blog ~~ 

• imageMBfromBMC:

Is there a simple, easier to get job out there that would make you truly happy?

I ask because I know several close friends and family members who took paycuts to work in simpler jobs that they just really enjoy.  Seriously. 

My aunt lost her job as an attorney and now she just does work from her home and volunteers at an orphanage in Romania.  Even though she has much less money than she did, she is so happy.

Can you work with animals? 

Heck, I even have a friend who is deliriously happy working at a neighborhood pizza restaurant. 

Just do whatever makes you happy!!  Big Smile

I did this because I was severly depressed. I was commuting 3+ hours a day. Working 60 hours a week. NEVER saw DH. I mean NEVER. It was a great job. In DC. But all of that wasnt worth my mental health.

::hugs:: I am so very sorry you are in that place.

DH also took a pay cut when he switched departments because working in DC wasnt working for us....he loved it, I hated it and what a difference it makes.

I can say that happiness trumps money. While I know money is always a stress and all but I believe if you can make it work with a pay cut or working part time -- what about even working at a department store or a makeup store -- you love those things! If that would make you happy - go for it! 

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

• Just wanted to send you some ((hugs))
    *P/SAIFW* TTC since 1/08 Clomid, 2 IUIs, 4 IVFs, FET 7 losses Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"