Natural Birth

Help Needed in Choosing Birthing Tub!

We are planning a water birth and I have been looking online at birth tub options. I'm really torn between two features offered by two different tubs:

Tub 1: Has a built in seat (which seems really awesome in case I just want to sit down! )

VS.

Tub 2: Has handles located on the inside of the tub which aid in position changes

Does anyone have any advice or a personal experience that could help me decide which feature may be a better choice? Also taking any suggestions on features to make sure the tub has that I havent listed!

Thanks!

Ana

Re: Help Needed in Choosing Birthing Tub!

• Well I love the seat idea, but does it interfere in your ability to lie down? I loved lying down on my back in the tub.

I don't know if the handles sound super helpful to me, but it's hard to imagine them without seeing them. Between your husband and midwife and any other support people, you'll have a number of hands who will be able to help you move. And let's face it, no one's going to sit back and watch the heavily pregnant, labouring woman heave herself around.

However, could you get a stool to put in the tub with handles so that you could have the best of both worlds? 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Thanks for the advice! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • The priority in my selection was having a pool that could maintain heat. We rented an aquadoula, but I wasn't able to use it (no fault of the tub) so I can't give you a full report on in.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with the PP about heat (I rented an aqua doula that came with a heat pump and it was awesome) and also would choose the tub that covered as much of your body as possible- deep- another think I loves about the aqua doula. 

I truthfully don't think the seat or handles are deal breakers.  I sat on the bottom of the tub and wouldn't have wanted to be elevated more than that (see above about my body being covered with water)...and the handles sound good, but I had a ton of people on hand to help me in and out, so I don't really think they are necessary.  

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"