Northern California Babies

POLL Date nights

What is the best date you ever went on?

What was the worst?

What did you do for dates before kids? 

What do you do for dates now? 

Re: POLL Date nights

• What is the best date you ever went on? Going to SF with DH , we walked peir 39, talked and enjoyed each others company.

What was the worst? had a guy take me on a ghost hunt, and we walked through a train tunnel. We didnt want to walk back through it to get to the car, so we went around. 5 miles!!!

What did you do for dates before kids?  Drink , stay in hotels

What do you do for dates now?   we love to hang at home with out the kids, eat junk food and veg!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What is the best date you ever went on?

My second date with T (first "official" date, I guess).  It was a day date with plans for driving, having lunch, and doing a little shopping...after lunch, he opened the trunk and had brought a kite.  I swooned.  We flew the kite, sat on the grass talking and talking and talking for days.  The sun was setting...he asked me to walk with him to where we could see the sun set.  He asked if he could kiss me.  I melted.  He cupped my face in his hands.  I fell for him hard.

What was the worst?

I was set up by friends, had talked to this guy on the phone twice for nearly 4 hours total and was SO excited to have a date with him finally as our conversations were just amazing.  We agreed I'd drive from Modesto to San Francisco for our first date, to watch the Blue Angels.  I stopped on the way and bought him his favorite candy.  I was so stoked.  I get there, he says he hasn't been feeling well and can we just skip the BA's and get lunch.  His car smelled like he had JUST smoked pot in it 10 minutes before, and he had to clear his seat off for me, and his driving scared the hell out of me.  After lunch, he asked if I'd like to "go see a movie."  It was a gorgeous day in SF, so I was bummed but said okay.  He drove me back to his house and showed me his DVD collection.  Then he said, "I only have a DVD player in my bedroom" and wouldn't you know he only had seating on his bed.  I asked him to at least make the bed (a futon) into a couch configuration for us.  He sighed irritatedly, but did it.  He started the movie.  He fell asleep, and snored.  The movie was a dumb animated Family Guy-esque type movie.  I stared out the window at the gorgeous SF day, tears stinging my eyes with bitter bitter disappointment and eventually when he stirred slightly, I said, "Okay, I'm going to go."  And then I cried most of the way home.  Later I found out he took our mutual friend to a 49ers game the next day...so yeah, he was really sick.  Assshole.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • What is the best date you ever went on? Best first date was a trip to the zoo. What was the worst? I went a date with a tweeker, nuff said.What did you do for dates before kids? We never really went on "date" we went to a lot of concerts and movies. What do you do for dates now? sex and food. 
    Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • Sex & food, lol.  You got it KM! 

Back when Dh was my boyfriend we went to the Shoreline to see Dido.  It was in the 90's when she was all hot stuff and "our song" is "Thank You".  I just remember that it was just such a fun day/evening, everything about it was perfect.  

What was the worst?

I went on a blind date with this guy who was much older than me (although he probably wasn't that old, lol) but I was way into partying phase and he was looking to settle down.  He was an a-hole who just kept staring at my boobs.  We met at a bar in SF and he asked if I wanted to have dinner, I kind of hated him already but I figured I might as well get a good dinner out of it, so we went to Enrico's (yumm!) in North Beach.  He totally expected me to go home with him after and he was PISSED when I was like, "Uh, see you later, call me!"  Gah, I was a bee.  Good times. 

We used to go wine tasting a lot and I miss it.  Fun.

Pretty much dinner!  And drinks.  We're drinkers, who wants to spend their time off in a movie theater?!?!

The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagefricksgirl:

Sex & food, lol.  You got it KM! 

Back when Dh was my boyfriend we went to the Shoreline to see Dido.  It was in the 90's when she was all hot stuff and "our song" is "Thank You".  I just remember that it was just such a fun day/evening, everything about it was perfect.  

What was the worst?

I went on a blind date with this guy who was much older than me (although he probably wasn't that old, lol) but I was way into partying phase and he was looking to settle down.  He was an a-hole who just kept staring at my boobs.  We met at a bar in SF and he asked if I wanted to have dinner, I kind of hated him already but I figured I might as well get a good dinner out of it, so we went to Enrico's (yumm!) in North Beach.  He totally expected me to go home with him after and he was PISSED when I was like, "Uh, see you later, call me!"  Gah, I was a bee.  Good times. 

We used to go wine tasting a lot and I miss it.  Fun.

Pretty much dinner!  And drinks.  We're drinkers, who wants to spend their time off in a movie theater?!?!

Sex and food is an awesome answer!  I did that a lot too. :)

• What is the best date you ever went on? DH and I at our favorite little Italian place, eating my favorite Arrabiata pasta and getting a little tipsy with some wine =)

What was the worst? hmmm, DH and i on any date that ends up in a fight between us!  I cant think of any specifics right now

What did you do for dates before kids? Before kids we had all kinds of nice dates -- drives to Carmel for the day, lots of Restaurants in SF followed with walking in the city, at the warf.

What do you do for dates now?  we drop DS to his grandparents and go for a quick two-three hour date which involves dinner and maybe some wine... once in a rare while a movie

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Previously posted as "denisethebride"
  • What is the best date you ever went on? DH took me to see Phantom of the Opera in Sacramento for our first anniversary. It was so freaking hot! But it was tons of fun and we went to a crazy expensive hotel restaurant for dinner.

What was the worst? A date I had in high school. It's a tie between the one where I flirted with the coffee barista guy instead of my own date, and the one where I went to a BBQ, my date started wrestling in the garage and then afterward asked me if he could hold my hand.

What did you do for dates before kids? Movie and then lunch is generally what we do now.

What do you do for dates now? See above. Don't know what'll happen once we have kids.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic My Boys! BabyFruit Ticker image
  • What is the best date you ever went on? Kidnapped DH and took him to Smodcastle

What was the worst? We almost have a three way tie! There was the blind date hugged me and that wasn't a hot dog in his pocket. Ewwww!! Then there was already drunk guy who got hit with bird poop, and sat in something white with black pants. But the one who takes the cake is the guy who got drunk and started talking fondly about boinking an inflatable pig and then asked me to pee on him. Yes you can have a look of horror and then laugh really hard. I did. And yeah, I yelled WTF?!! at the person who introduced us thinking that somehow we would be a good match. 

What did you do for dates before kids? Hikes, spontaneous weekend road trips, plays, concerts, etc

What do you do for dates now? Night out for dinner and coffee if we are lucky. Tonight we are lucky... except, I don't recommend eating fried pickles on your date. I mean they are super tasty and all but I can't sleep right now because I have some wicked heartburn. This is coming from someone who drinks the water in 3rd world countries and doesn't get sit. Either my iron gut is getting rusty or dang, just not a good date food. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"