Austin Babies

**rssnlvr** re: lake pfl

I know from previous posts you've been a lot.  I'm thinking of taking the girls but just wanted to be assured that the water is okay for swimming?  I know Lake Travis looks atrocious with the drought and just general lake trash near the edges, but I'm thinking that Lake Pfl is a lot cleaner and stuff.  Am I right?

And is there a specific beach area to go to?  I've never been...

Thanks!

imageimage
6-yr-old Elena and 4-yr-old Julia.
My Blog! All about my girls and quilting

Re: **rssnlvr** re: lake pfl

• 2H2L2H2L member
    ::butting in::: much smaller, but much cleaner. There's a small sandy beach on the north side and it was clean and clear when we went a few weeks ago. :) our girls loved it! And there's a play set nearby. I can't remember what all it had, but it wasn't huge. And there were only a few covered tables. ::butting out::

ETA: eep, I didn't mean to ramble in a post paging someone else. Sorry!
  • I'm curious too!

rssnlvr, 2h2l or others, is this the one?  https://www.freefuninaustin.com/2010/06/beach-at-lake-pflugerville.html

in the review its says the beach is gravel not sand, is that still true?

• Loading the player...
  • 2H2L2H2L member
    Yes that's it and yes it's gravel. There's a little sand near the water though. :::I swear I'm butting out now!::
  • Thanks 2h2l!  I really didn't mind who answered (which is why I put the re: line in the subject) -- I just know rssnlvr has spent some time there.

Very helpful!  I will have to go there with the girls before the summer is out.

imageimage
    6-yr-old Elena and 4-yr-old Julia.
    My Blog! All about my girls and quilting
  • Not sure about that particular lake, but there has been an issue with deadly amoeba and bacteria in area lakes this year due to the drought. We haven't kept up with the issue because we only go to Lake Austin- it is fairly fast moving (since it's more of a small river than a lake) so it doesn't have this issue, otherwise I could tell you more. It may not affect Lake Pflugerville, but wanted to give a heads up just in case.
  • Hey there! I'm glad others helped--we've had a busy day! Yes, the lake is a lot cleaner than Travis. It's a drinking reservoir for the city, so they keep it nice and the level isn't affected by drought b/c they control how much water there is. The beach is gravel and clean/trash free. There's one big climbing structure and one smaller playscapes area, a couple of small, single covered tables and one large covered pavillion with tables. Overall really nice and DD loves it!
    Dear Bump: You suck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"