Washington Babies

Dance Moms

Who has watched?

I cringe every time Abby says "Saw-tay" instead of "Sew-tay" and then they cut to her talking about how important it is for the kids to learn correct terminology.

She must have an older student around to demo what it is she wants - I can't believe she can talk her way through an entire choreographed routine AND have 6 year olds understand her.

The moms are exactly like the moms in the competitive gymnastics world.

Between this show and Toddlers and Tiara's I just don't understand how the Dads don't know how much money is being spent. It's not like it is small sums either. I can imagine one of the Toddler and Tiara's Dads scratching their heads and saying "I work my ass off and I just can't figure out why we can't upgrade to the double wide trailer..."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Dance Moms

• I don't get it either.   First off how or why would you ever let your CHILD be berated and overworked and made to feel like a piece of crap like that?  Second, how would the husbands not know what's going on?  And third, do they have other kids?  How can they spend so much time on this?  Oh and fourth, WTF kind of professional dancers do they think they're creating?  Basketball cheerleaders?  Strippers?  Because they sure as hell aren't teaching them ballet, or anything that would help them land a gig on Broadway.  I don't get it.  Sluttifying your baby and making her dance through the pain at age 7?  For what???
  • I just watched the latest (I think) episode and I was hoping someone would want to talk about it.  :)

I know the show is supposed to be about the crazy moms, but I think Abby is WAY worse.  Well, except the new mom who's also a dance instructor.  BSC for sure.  I definitely see "stage mom" in most of those ladies, but at least they are aware of how inappropriate those costumes were and how horribly their kids are being treated.  Not that they're doing anything about it, I guess.  Maybe that's worse.

The whole thing is fascinating.

Oh, and DH walked in and asked "are you watching this because you think that's going to be you someday?"  Uh, hell no, honey. 

• Loading the player...
  • I will *** slap any moms on this board who end up like that.
  • imageiHeartHimMore:

Oh, and DH walked in and asked "are you watching this because you think that's going to be you someday?"  Uh, hell no, honey. 

My DH walked in and said "Are you watching horrible television again?"

As far as how Abby treats them, and the mom's just sit and B about it mentality...

I was always surprised at how many coaches coach that way, and the sheer number of parents that would keep their kids with that gym. I just chalked it up to being an Eastern European thing, since that was/is by far the highest number of gymnasts and coaches, but still C-R-A-Z-Y! *

The theory is that if you are too busy being scared of them, you won't be scared of anything else. :/

Mary Beth or whatever her name is (Vivi's mom) is a fruit cake! And I will tell you that in that world, there is no way in hell Abby would be teaching the child of a woman who runs another dance school. They are very protective of their costume choices, music choices (and edits) and choreography. This is only happening for tv.

* I coached competitive Rhythmic Gymnastics for 15 years.

• I also don't know why Abby would take that little girl (Vivi? daugher of the other teacher)... because she SUCKS.
  • imageSeattle_JiLLn:
    I also don't know why Abby would take that little girl (Vivi? daugher of the other teacher)... because she SUCKS.

Yes

• She TOTALLY sucks.  (I think mom's name is Cathy.)

And, yeah, they must be playing everything up for TV, because no way in hell would Cathy get away with changing Vivi's routine completely.  Because you know if it was anyone else Abby would've booted them.

• imageiHeartHimMore:

She TOTALLY sucks.  (I think mom's name is Cathy.)

And, yeah, they must be playing everything up for TV, because no way in hell would Cathy get away with changing Vivi's routine completely.  Because you know if it was anyone else Abby would've booted them.

I wasn't even one of those crazy coaches ( I think Stick out tongue ) and I would have booted them if that had happened.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"