December 2010 Moms
Options

Changing an 8-month-old's diaper..

.. is like wrestling with a monkey. I swear.. do you guys feel this way?!

Re: Changing an 8-month-old's diaper..

• Options
    lrn327lrn327 member
    Absolutely!  Huggies is coming out with their "slip on" diapers on August 3rd though.  I thought it was kind of silly until we got to this stage.  I think I'm in for some.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    OH YES...I have to hog tie his feet with my hand just to get his butt wiped!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers We're Finally Three

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Cassie has read 1 books toward her goal of 50 books.
    hide
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep! We call it wrestling alligators.  When DD squirms and rolls and kicks, I tell her we're not here to wrestle alligators. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In the words of my cousin, "It's like trying to put a turtleneck on Jell-o."
    Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015
  • Options
    Yes, I feel like I've completed an Olympic game after changing a diaper.  But, he does look cute when he rolls over and his bare butt is all I see.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Seriously, it's so frustrating these days!

If DH is home then he'll sing and play with his hands to keep DS occupied. But if it's just me at home then it's way too hard. He just immediately wants to flip over and crawl away. No amount of singing or toys distract him.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'd like to know why the eff my LO is all over the place trying to roll and everything while I'm changing him, but whenever DH goes to change him he just lays there. Makes Mommy look like a lying fool....
    Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015
  • Options
    Yes, it's definitely more of a challenge these days.  He's usually good if I give him a toy to distract him.  Even when he's out of the bath and I'm trying to dry him on the towel, he's trying to creep away.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Yes, it's a nightmare.  I had to make Jack stand today during a poopy diaper change just so he wouldn't roll all over the place and make a huge mess.  
    I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 
  • Options

Ir's ridiculous. I manage to keep her happy and on her back most times by giving her a burp cloth to chew on and/or blowing on her belly multiple times. Sometimes nothing works, though!

I am still giggling over the jello-turtleneck analogy... 

norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageheyitsme:
    In the words of my cousin, "It's like trying to put a turtleneck on Jell-o."

Ha!  This exactly!!

Married 7/10/2009 * DD 12/2/2010 * DS 4/24/2014
    2 babies in heaven (mc)

Blog: ForLoveofCupcakes.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"