Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

? for moms whose LOs were never into pacis

Did they start to suck their thumb instead?  And at what age? 

Re: ? for moms whose LOs were never into pacis

• Options
    My girl is almost 1 and she never liked the paci.  She hasn't turned to her thumb yet, though she sucks on her "lovies" when I put her down at night.  Not during the day or anything like that though and it could be because she is teething.
  • Options
    Yes. I think it started around six months.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Evelyn never really got a paci,  there were a few times when we would give it to her in the car to help her fall asleep but that was only a few times.  I am so happy we never got into the habit.  She is not a thumb sucker either.  She does suck/bite/kiss her "baby" when falling asleep.
  • Options

Yes, Kennedy sucks her thumb ... especially when she is tired, or in a new/unfamiliar situation.

She began to do so around three months, although not consistently until around five months.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD1 was a no paci baby and now she sucks 2 or 3 fingers at a time.
  • Options

LO usually chews on his bib. He is still a happy spitter so he pretty much always as a bib on.

He does suck his thumb but only then the is something over his thumb like his shirt or a blanket.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DD never took a paci, ever.  She started sucking her thumb to fall asleep at probably around 3 months or so.  She used to suck it when she was hungry or sleepy, and now she only does it when we give her her lovey to go to sleep.  I'm kinda glad she never took a paci, and am glad her thumb sucking is only when she's sleepy. 
  • Options

no thumb sucking yet!

• Options
    DD was a huge thumb sucker until maybe about 4-5 months (maybe 6) after that she stopped. She would take a paci on a rare occasion but never really liked them.
  • Options
    We never offered DS a paci and he never sucked his thumb, fingers, or anything else other than just while occasionally playing or when biting fingers when a teeth comes in.
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • Options
    AnankeAnanke member
    Nope.  He acted like he was going to start sucking his thumb around 4-5 months, but never picked up the habit.  He chews on his lovie though sometimes, and he does still comfort nurse quite a bit, especially in the mornings and at naps, but only if we are home.  The urge doesn't seem to strike him if we are out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Mine learned to suck her fingers almost from birth. It moved toward her thumb around the five month mark.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD's left thumb saved my life! She had no interest whatsoever in any type of paci I tried to give her. She started sucking her thumb at 3 months and only ever did/does it to fall asleep.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Allergic to soy, oat, egg, peanuts, and tree nuts
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kg_08kg_08 member
    We took the paci away at 5 months so she's had plenty of time to get used to her thumb, but she's not interested. She'll occasionally chew on it, but never sucks her thumb.
  • Options

imagenbeseau:
    Mine learned to suck her fingers almost from birth. It moved toward her thumb around the five month mark.

Same here.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My DD is almost a year and never liked Paci's either.  She does put everything in her mouth though but I have never seen her suck on her thumb or any other fingers.

• Options
    Nope. Both kids never really used pacis, and both have never thumb-sucked.

• Options
    acesupacesup member
    nope. she sucks on her bear thumby blanket at night but thats it. 
  • Options
    DS refused the paci and his thumb was god sent because he found it at 5 weeks!  For a colicky baby it helped a lot.  He always sucks it to put himself to sleep now.

• Options
    My LO never liked the pacifier. If I gave it to him, he would suck a few times and spit it out. Which was fine by me bc I didn't want him to use one in the first place...lol Now, he will chew on it now and then bc he's teething. He will put a few fingers in his mouth here and there but he doesn't really suck on them and he doesn't put his thumb in his mouth at all. I'm glad I didn't get him used to a pacifer. I hae seen too many friends have battles with their kids trying to getrid of that thing...uggggg
  • Options
    delg23delg23 member
    My son would never take a pacifier and he never sucked his thumb, but then one day at 7 months I gave him one because we were on a plane and all the sudden he took to it. So strange. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Avery would never take a paci and she really doesn't suck her thumb. There are times she sticks her thumb in her mouth and chews on it when she's teething, but that's about it. I tried to give her a paci so many times because she comfort nurses and I want to get away from that. So far, no luck. When she gets overly tired or upset, the boob is the only thing that she sucks on. 
  • Options
    C will suck his thumb sometimes or chew on his fingers but he has only been doing that since he started getting teeth. Before that he would sometimes suck his thumb but he has never needed to do that to get to sleep or when he cries. He stopped using a paci at around 3 months, and would cry if one was offered.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options
    Sounds like maybe I'm in the clear if LO hasn't started by now.  Here's to hoping! 
  • Options
    imageBeerBeck:

Yes, Kennedy sucks her thumb ... especially when she is tired, or in a new/unfamiliar situation.

She began to do so around three months, although not consistently until around five months.

This is us exactly.
  • Options

No paci, no thumb sucking.  He nurses for comfort,

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DS has been a thumb sucker since maybe 3 months or so.  It's his left thumb and he only does it when he's tired and when he's hungry.  He doesn't sleep with the thumb in his mouth, it's only to help him fall asleep and then he takes it out.
  • Options
    DD started trying to get her thumb in her mouth very early, but of course in the beginning, it wouldn't stay in.  It's in her month a lot when she's awake lately, although sometimes it looks almost like she's using it as a teether.  I haven't seen her suck it while she's sleeping.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yes he did from 2-4 months then he stopped on his own. (Both of my boys did this!)

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • Options
    DS started sucking his thumb when he was about 6 months old, but only for a few weeks, and now he doesn't anymore. i figure were lucky, after 2 months he would gag on a paci, and now we don't have to worry about weaning him off of his thumb either.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD sucked her thumb from about 3 months on and only used a paci as a teether. I'm dreading breaking her of it but she generally only sucks her thumb when she's going to sleep or rarely when she is upset so I'm not too worried about it yet.
  • Options
    My DS was only interested in a paci for a very short period of time. And that was to just get him to fall asleep. Then he would spit it out. We stopped offering it around 4 months. He's 9 months now and has never sucked his thumb.
  • Options
    Just lurking... DS never took a paci and never sucked his thumb.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"