High-Risk Pregnancy

GD Moms - What to do when you're sick/vomiting

I've been dealing with random bouts of nausea and vomiting in third tri. This is the first time it's happened since I've been monitoring my blood sugar. I couldn't stomach anything to eat for dinner and have been trying to keep down as much diet 7UP and water as I can. I took my bs about an hour ago out of curiosity and it was 203! I haven't had anything to eat since 4! I'm going to take it again before bed to see if it's going down. What are we supposed to do when this happens?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: GD Moms - What to do when you're sick/vomiting

• Blood sugar can get high when you're sick, even if you aren't eating a bunch of sugar. Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it's persistently high. Maybe call your dr in the morning and ask. Eat what you can hold down, even if it's water or saltines, or gatorade or juice, and know that one night or a few days of 200ish counts are not going to hurt you or the baby. It's not 'normal' range, but it's not so awfully high to be dangerous.

Hope you feel better soon.

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My endo and dietitian both told me not to bother with monitoring when I'm vomiting, because it throws everything off so much.  I'd recommend calling your doc in the morning to see what they advise.  I hope this doesn't last long for you and you feel better fast!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • i'll be stalking this post as i was just going to ask the same thing.  I just got my GD diagnosis on Friday and have to meet w/ the nurse on Tues.  i have puked 4x today and can't keep anything down.   hope you feel better soon! 
    imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"