Upstate NY Babies

JNK

Is the farmers market in Chili every weekend? Do you know how early it starts? I wanted to try it out - we usually make the trek downtown but I am not feeling it this weekend. We usually go around 7:30. I mean, they're farmers right, so they should be there early?
image        image

Re: JNK

• The one at the church on the corner of westside and buffalo, right?  Yup, it is every saturday until halloween.  The sign says 8-1, but I have been there before at like 7:55 and it was going full-force, other shoppers were there and all the stands were set up.  I don't know about 7:30...maybe 7:45 is the earliest I would try, but you could always kill some time getting gas or just walking around too. 

We will be there this week again.  Probably later though like 8:30, but maybe we'll run into eachother as your leaving and I'm coming.  They have shopping carts too if you don't want to bring your stroller.

• Maybe we will see you there! If we didn't have to be in Buffalo so early, I would say we should meet. Another time maybe.
    image        image
  • Loading the player...
  • I always go to the one on Chili Ave, in the Bill Grays lot. It opens at 8 as well. I am going to try the other one tomorrow! Not until after soccer though, so 9/9:30 ish.

I have to take R for the second blood draw, and I should do it after soccer since it is right there....but I don't wanna! =( I hate that they have to have 2 now! Who cares about lead and iron? haha Just Kidding!

• imageJune4bride2be:

I always go to the one on Chili Ave, in the Bill Grays lot. It opens at 8 as well. I am going to try the other one tomorrow! Not until after soccer though, so 9/9:30 ish.

I have to take R for the second blood draw, and I should do it after soccer since it is right there....but I don't wanna! =( I hate that they have to have 2 now! Who cares about lead and iron? haha Just Kidding!

I think this might be the one I was thinking of, but I am up for trying either! I do love the downtown one and usually don't mind the drive but I don't have the time. We haven't been around for a few weeks, so we really need to go somewhere.

image        image
  • imageIrisheyes1247:
    imageJune4bride2be:

I always go to the one on Chili Ave, in the Bill Grays lot. It opens at 8 as well. I am going to try the other one tomorrow! Not until after soccer though, so 9/9:30 ish.

I think this might be the one I was thinking of, but I am up for trying either! I do love the downtown one and usually don't mind the drive but I don't have the time. We haven't been around for a few weeks, so we really need to go somewhere.

This one seems to have less vendors but is more spread out. The other one seems to have more, but they are all crammed together...very much like downtown! I have been bummed the last few weeks....no corn or peas at ours. I do like 1 vendor who is not certified organic but does not use sprays/pesticides. There stuff is a little more, but worth it.

My issue with these vendors is they don't know about what they are selling. I have asked several about sprays or when something will be ready and I get "I am just selling for them, I am not a farmer". That is crap, if your selling for them you should know about what your selling. 

• imageJune4bride2be:

Is that one any good?  I went in the beginng of the summer and it sucked, only a few booths had fruits and veggies.  They sold a bunch of flowers and crafty stuff.  Maybe I just went too early?  I don't remember, it was the first day that the chili library was closed saturdays for the summer and I needed to make up for promising dd to go to the library.  She liked smelling the flowers, but I didn't end up buying anything.

• I bought corn at the buff/westside one last week and have bought sugar snap peas each week this summer, but I have seen the other peas next to them also.  I don't know about the sprays and stuff - I don't ask anything, I figure it can only be better than buying at walmart haha :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"