Adoption

We are officially licensed...

We've gotten a couple calls already for foster-to-adopt placements, but we are waiting until after my niece and nephew leave from their week long visit to start accepting placements. It has been a long journey...we finished classes and our home study in Jan/Feb, but my husband has been a bit nervous about jumping in with both feet.

We are undergoing IF treatments so I think he is really just hoping that we'd end up pg and we'd foster after we had a biological child. I, on the other hand, had a strong feeling that we'd get to this point. We are still hoping for IF treatments to work, but I am so thrilled to be moving forward on our chance to start a family. 

ME: 30 DH: 30
TTC #1 since 3/2010
DX: Unclear-potential MF (low motility, borderline count); currently unexplained
Ultrasound/HSG- Feb 2011
Lap: May 2011
Clomid/IUI Cycle #1: 6/2011
Clomid/IUI Cycle #2: 7/2011
Clomid/IUI Cycle #3: 8/2011
9/2011 Switched REs...and more testing
DX: Unexplained- borderline MFI
IVF #1: 11/09/2011- BFP!!
Beta #1: 241; Beta #2: 666
Ultrasound scheduled for 5w6d
Baby girl born 8.14.12

Re: We are officially licensed...

• Congrats on being licensed! It's ok to take it slowly, and hopefully if the right situation comes along you and your husband will both have peace about it. And all the best to you in your IF treatments!
    We are adopting! Currently waiting for our domestic infant adoption match.

My blog: Making Me Mom

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • Congrats on your licensing!!!

My DH and I are in the same boat.  We are still going through IF treatments and he really thinks we will be PG before fostering but I too have always had that feeling we would foster or adopt first.

Brenda & Phillip married 10/10/09 

After 6 years of failed cycles, we were blessed with our little man through adoption. 
    B born 1/3/2012. Adoption finalized 12/27/12

Back  on the IF crazy train...
    Sept 2013 - IVF #1 -  BFP, EDD 6/4/14, born 6/8/14
    Everyone welcome

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • congratulations on that big step!  
    After 7 years of marriage and 5 unsuccessful IVFs, we have been granted the gift of adopting a baby boy, born 4/21/11.
  • cogbotcogbot member
    Congrats!  That's super exciting!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good luck!
    Romney-Portman 2012 ORGAN DONOR: DEAL WITH IT. :-) :-)
  • Good luck with all the fun licensing stuff. Its a pain, but it ends up being not as bad as you think looking back!

Sounds like we are following a similar path at this point. GL with treatment AND foster/adopt Smile

ME: 30 DH: 30
    TTC #1 since 3/2010
    DX: Unclear-potential MF (low motility, borderline count); currently unexplained
    Ultrasound/HSG- Feb 2011
    Lap: May 2011
    Clomid/IUI Cycle #1: 6/2011
    Clomid/IUI Cycle #2: 7/2011
    Clomid/IUI Cycle #3: 8/2011
    9/2011 Switched REs...and more testing
    DX: Unexplained- borderline MFI
    IVF #1: 11/09/2011- BFP!!
    Beta #1: 241; Beta #2: 666
    Ultrasound scheduled for 5w6d
    Baby girl born 8.14.12
This discussion has been closed.