Trouble TTC
Options

What should I expect?

DH had his SA and thankfully everything came back normal. I have my first appointment on Monday with the RE.

They recommended that DH comes too (he plans to) but other than that they didn't tell me anything else... What should I expect at this appointment? 

imageimage

Re: What should I expect?

• Options

I just had my first appointment yesterday, so I can tell you what my experience was like. 

I was sent a packet of paperwork beforehand that DH and I had to complete and bring with us.  We handed it in when we got there, and then they gave it to the doctor to review before meeting with us.

We met with our doctor, and she asked us some more questions about our medical histories and gave us some basic information about "difficulty achieving pregnancy" (she said that she doesn't like to the use the term infertility because it's negative and implies that pregnancy can/will not happen, but that with medical intervention pregnancy is possible for most people ... I thought that was cute).

She explained the testing/diagnostic process and how we would proceed and why she was precribing these tests (CD3 b/w, HSG), and then they took a sh!t ton of blood from me, and also a blood sample from my DH.  Then she performed an u/s.

After the u/s we met with our assigned Nurse and Patient Coordinator.  They were great and gave me a list of resources that are avilable to me through the practice.  They also reiterated what the doctor had already said about esting and told me to contact them on CD1 to schedule the upcoming tests.Then we met with the Insurance/Financial Services Rep.  He reviewed our insurance infoformation and gave us sample costs of an IUI cycle just so we were aware/prepared of the costs.  Then we were done!

We were there for about 1-1/2 - 2 hours.  I think it was a pretty positive experience.   I'm sure not all offices handle everything the same, but hopefully this will help you somewhat!

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• Options

My first appointment, DH couldnt come because of his work schedule. My doctor basically asked about my medical history and condition. I have PCOS so he already knew the diagnosis. He took numerous blood tests right there and did an exam. I was there for about an hour or so! My DH went in a month later for his SA.

Best of Luck to you!

Me-Diagnosed With PCOS - Hubby-Has Super Swimmers :)
    TTC#1 Since March 2011
    March/April 2011 - 150mg Clomid + Ovidrel + TI = BFN
    May 2011 & June 2011 - 150mg Clomid = No Response
    July 2011 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel + IUI#1(8/1/11)= BFN
    August 2011 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel + IUI#2 (8/30/11)=BFN
    September 2011 - BREAK NEEDED DUE TO ENLARGED OVARIES :(
    October 2011 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel + IUI#3 (10/23/11) = BFP!!
    Beta#1(11/7/11)=250 Beta#2(11/9/11)=487 Beta#3(11/17/11)=6500

BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We went over both of our medical histories and our family med. histories. ?We talked about DHs SA results, came up with a plan to start out with and both had blood work done.
    TTC #1 since 09/10
    Me: 32 DH: 34
    5/17/11 SA- count 38 mil, low motility, traces of white blood cells (2 weeks antibiotics)
    6/16/11 SA- count 23 mil, low motility, referred to urologist
    dx varicocele
    DH ultrasound
    6/27/11 SA- count 101 mil, 36% motility, 5% morphology
    IUI #1 50 mg Clomid: Back -2- back: 7/27/11 & 7/28/11 = BFN
    IUI #2 100 mg Clomid: Back -2- back: 8/25/11 & 8/26/11= BFN
    IVF #1(Ganirelix, Follistim, Menopur) ER 11/16/11,ET 11/21/11= BFP 11/29
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Our first appointment was just info gathering as well.

My fertility clinic will not see you unless your H is present (for the first visit)

http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    Our first appt was info gathering medical and family history.  We also developed a plan.  GL.
    HSG:3-23-11:Tubes clear
    4/21 and 4/22 IUI #1 = BFN
    6/11 and 6/12 IUI #2 = BFN
    7/06 and 7/07 IUI #3 w/50mg Clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    7/29 and 7/30 IUI #4 w/50mg Clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    IVF 1= 1 egg retrieved= dead egg
    ENDO
  • Options
    Our first meeting with the RE was to learn about my condition (PCOS), how she thought we'd proceed with treatment, and all our blood draws.  I'm glad my husband was there - she explained PCOS better than I could and it was really great for us to be on the same page.  Best of luck!!
    It took 5 failed IUIs and a failed IVF, but our FET worked!
    My pregnancy after Infertility Blog
    Our baby girl was born on April 27, 2011!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"