December 2010 Moms
Options

Sun block and baby's head? dumb question...

So, G is starting to have more hair but he's still a baldy.  I've been taking him to the pool and I have to put sunblock on his head which:

a:  He hates

b:  Causes a huge mess.  Last time I had to wash his hair twice to get it out which was no fun.

I'd leave his sun hat on but it gets in the way of his playing and I can't see his face, not to mention it gets soaked and then covers his eyes.

Any ideas or different kinds of sunblock I might be able to try?

Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13

Re: Sun block and baby's head? dumb question...

• Options
    I'd get him a different kind of hat, like maybe a baseball cap or something that is stretchy. If it were my DS I would leave his hat on; he has at least one hat that fits somewhat tightly. Do they sell something like swim caps for babies? 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't tried the spray sun block because I'm allergic. I have to use mineral sunblocks on myself so that's what I've been using on G, too. I guess it would be worth a shot.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have a hat with SPF from target. I just flip up brim to see her face. She soaks it with splashing but oh well. I just sunblock her face not head.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'd leave the hat on.  It's way more important IMO to keep his head covered, I just flip up the visor a little bit so I can see his face.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"