Infertility Veterans

I need to get my a$$ in gear (bit of a vent/whine)

I have no will power.  None.  You'd think I'd have gotten some by now since we can't start IVF til I'm @ a certain BMI.  This past weekend was my sister's wedding & many a dieting sin was committed.

I've started & quit Weight Watchers 3 times in the past 6 mos.  I'm kind of tempted to do the Medifast (medically supervised shake diet) my dad did just after we got married; he lost 82lbs on it (gained back about 30).  Of course, my way awesome medical that gives us 80% coverage for IF covers none of the Medifast & it's hella expensive.

So basically, I'm asking any ex-fluffy girls who are on here: short of sewing my mouth shut & learning how to sleep walk on a treadmill, how can I get my a$$ in gear?  I seriously want to slap myself.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I need to get my a$$ in gear (bit of a vent/whine)

• I hear ya sister!

I'm not ex-fluffy...in fact I'm "morbidly fluffy", and I need to lose weight for the same reason. 

I just started WW last week and I'd love to have a buddy!  (I lost 4 pounds in the first week...yippee!) 

It's definitely a long road, but I'm here for support if you need it!

• imageRFBsbride:

I hear ya sister!

I'm not ex-fluffy...in fact I'm "morbidly fluffy", and I need to lose weight for the same reason. 

I just started WW last week and I'd love to have a buddy!  (I lost 4 pounds in the first week...yippee!) 

I'm morbidly fluffy too, lol!  Maybe I will try WW one last time.  Too bad you're close by but not close enough to do WW meetings with me & keep me honest!  DH has a bunch of friends in your area.

• Loading the player...
  • imageAnasara:
    imageRFBsbride:

I hear ya sister!

I'm morbidly fluffy too, lol!  Maybe I will try WW one last time.  Too bad you're close by but not close enough to do WW meetings with me & keep me honest!  DH has a bunch of friends in your area.

Ha! I am morbidly fluffy as well! We should make an all girl rock band named "Morbidly Fluffy". 

When I lost 70 pounds last year I did it with help from sparkpeople (i had done WW on and off for ten years before then, and eating healthy finally clicked when i started looking at all the nutrition facts, not just fat, calories, and fiber) and I found a gym that worked for me. I was really embarrassed to go to the gym at first, but Gold's Gyms has a "cardio cinema" where they play movies and you can run on a tread mill/stationary bike while watching a movie, it is dark in the room and it made me feel like no one was looking at the fat girl. I also highly suggest going to see a nutritionist. When I got stuck last year in a major plateau seeing a nutritionist helped me break it and lose the last thirty pounds. 

Now I just have to follow my own advice and get my butt going again so I can lose the weight I gained back during the last 2 IVFs.  

• Morbidly Fluffy: OMG that is awesome!

::: off to Photoshop :::

• I'm here and I'm fluffy!

The only thing that has been even remotely successful for me lately was to go to WW with a friend (actually she is my cousin), swimming and my Zumba class.  The weight is coming off slowly, but I feel like I will be more likely to stick with it.

Do you have any fluffy friends that can support you and do it with you?

Let me guess... If you're like me DH is naturally thin and that makes things so much more difficult!!

imageimageimage

TTC since March 2009 // Me and DH - 28
    Testing Summer/Fall 2010 - Unexplained IF
    IUIs #1-4 ~ Clomid/Ovidrel/TI/IUI ~ all BFNs
    IUI #5 ~ Femara/Ovidrel/TI/IUI ~ BFN
    IUIs #6-9 ~ Research Study Meds/Pregnyl/TI/IUI ~ all BFNs
    IVF Consultation, More Testing
    Diagnostic Cycle ~ Mucinex/Progesterone/TI ~ BFN
    IVF #1 ~ Menopur/Bravelle/Ganirelix/Novarel/Progesterone/Lupron
    7R, 6F // 2 transferred // 3 frosties ~ BFN
    FET #1 ~ Estrace/PIO/Lupron
    3 thawed // 2 transferred // 1 lost // no more frosties ~ BFP!!
    Beta #1 - 456 // Beta #2 - 1176 // Beta #3 - 2933 // Beta #4 - 6753
    EDD: May 16, 2013
    Threatened MC at 6w2d
    Bedrest for SCH // 6w2d through 10w1d
    Elevated TSH and Lazy Thyroid DX @ 10w - Started Synthroid
    Finally released from RE at 13w
    Charles Everett ~ Born 5/20/2013

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

~~ My IF Blog ~~ 

• imageAnasara:
    imageRFBsbride:

I hear ya sister!

I actually go to meetings near work which is an hour north of here.  I lucked out because the leader of the meetings is seriously like a stand-up comedian - he's hysterical and the fact that he lost 217 pounds himself is SOOO motivating!

I also just signed up to take the BeachBody Challenge which may be more than I can chew.  But it's a shot at winning $100,000 so I thought why not!

• imageMBfromBMC:

I'm here and I'm fluffy!

The only thing that has been even remotely successful for me lately was to go to WW with a friend (actually she is my cousin), swimming and my Zumba class.  The weight is coming off slowly, but I feel like I will be more likely to stick with it.

Let me guess... If you're like me DH is naturally thin and that makes things so much more difficult!!

DH is fluffy as well.  But whereas I've always been fluffy (I was 9lb 15oz @ birth), he has not.  He started getting fluffy when he came to the US about a decade ago.  He went from being an almost vegetarian (seafood only) teetotaler to a steak eating, beer slugging Hindu & gained about 70 lbs in the process, all in his gut.  I'm proportionally fat & a vegetarian, strangely enough. 

Whereas all my b/w is fine with the exception of borderline IR, DH has high cholesterol, apnea, borderline HTN & diabetes.  He lost about 40lbs when we got engaged because his doctor scared him, then proceeded to gain it all back (plus 10 lbs) when he got his current job as a college prof @ a university known for its culinary program (he's in engineering & computer science though). 

I've tried to get him to do WW with me but he is HORRIBLE with measuring & tracking; we tried it in the spring & he lasted only days.  If he was to do it again, I'm sure I'd need to measure EVERYTHING for him & even then he'd still munch @ work since there's food everywhere.  He is undiagnosed ADD (IMHO as someone who is working on a PhD in clinical psych & who does psych research for a living) & I'm also trying to convince him to get an eval for that too.  He's already so smart, he'd be dangerous if he could actually pay attention to save his life, lol!

• imageAnasara:
    imageMBfromBMC:

I'm here and I'm fluffy!

DH is fluffy as well.  But whereas I've always been fluffy (I was 9lb 15oz @ birth), he has not.  He started getting fluffy when he came to the US about a decade ago.  He went from being an almost vegetarian (seafood only) teetotaler to a steak eating, beer slugging Hindu & gained about 70 lbs in the process, all in his gut.  I'm proportionally fat & a vegetarian, strangely enough. 

Whereas all my b/w is fine with the exception of borderline IR, DH has high cholesterol, apnea, borderline HTN & diabetes.  He lost about 40lbs when we got engaged because his doctor scared him, then proceeded to gain it all back (plus 10 lbs) when he got his current job as a college prof @ a university known for its culinary program (he's in engineering & computer science though). 

I've tried to get him to do WW with me but he is HORRIBLE with measuring & tracking; we tried it in the spring & he lasted only days.  If he was to do it again, I'm sure I'd need to measure EVERYTHING for him & even then he'd still munch @ work since there's food everywhere.  He is undiagnosed ADD (IMHO as someone who is working on a PhD in clinical psych & who does psych research for a living) & I'm also trying to convince him to get an eval for that too.  He's already so smart, he'd be dangerous if he could actually pay attention to save his life, lol!

My DH is fluffy as well (but I'm embarrassed to say I weigh more than he does.)  He was not always fluffy and his whole family is thin so I take some of blame since I always want dessert when we go out so he gets some too and I do all the grocery shopping and buy junk.

I asked him to do WW with me, but like your DH, he's AWFUL at tracking and won't set foot in a meeting so basically, he's no help.  Of course, he does really well with the low-carb diets and it doesn't take much exercise for his weight to come off so if I can get him on track with that, we might be able to do this.

• imageRFBsbride:
    imageAnasara:
    imageMBfromBMC:

I'm here and I'm fluffy!

My DH is fluffy as well (but I'm embarrassed to say I weigh more than he does.)  He was not always fluffy and his whole family is thin so I take some of blame since I always want dessert when we go out so he gets some too and I do all the grocery shopping and buy junk.

I asked him to do WW with me, but like your DH, he's AWFUL at tracking and won't set foot in a meeting so basically, he's no help.  Of course, he does really well with the low-carb diets and it doesn't take much exercise for his weight to come off so if I can get him on track with that, we might be able to do this.

I was almost a ten pounder, too!  I was born 9lbs 12oz and I have always been chunky, but I am a little chunkier now...  Literally everyone in my family is heavy, but we are sort of genetically heavy and we are all relatively healthy (even the doctors say so) compared to our BMI.  I am still trying to be healthier, though.

My DH is about 200lbs, but he is about 6ft tall and muscular, so he's pretty healthy.  He eats all crap, though, and drinks a lot of beer, so it is extra irritating!

imageimageimage

TTC since March 2009 // Me and DH - 28
    Testing Summer/Fall 2010 - Unexplained IF
    IUIs #1-4 ~ Clomid/Ovidrel/TI/IUI ~ all BFNs
    IUI #5 ~ Femara/Ovidrel/TI/IUI ~ BFN
    IUIs #6-9 ~ Research Study Meds/Pregnyl/TI/IUI ~ all BFNs
    IVF Consultation, More Testing
    Diagnostic Cycle ~ Mucinex/Progesterone/TI ~ BFN
    IVF #1 ~ Menopur/Bravelle/Ganirelix/Novarel/Progesterone/Lupron
    7R, 6F // 2 transferred // 3 frosties ~ BFN
    FET #1 ~ Estrace/PIO/Lupron
    3 thawed // 2 transferred // 1 lost // no more frosties ~ BFP!!
    Beta #1 - 456 // Beta #2 - 1176 // Beta #3 - 2933 // Beta #4 - 6753
    EDD: May 16, 2013
    Threatened MC at 6w2d
    Bedrest for SCH // 6w2d through 10w1d
    Elevated TSH and Lazy Thyroid DX @ 10w - Started Synthroid
    Finally released from RE at 13w
    Charles Everett ~ Born 5/20/2013

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

~~ My IF Blog ~~ 

• I'm ex fluffy :)

I lost 100 lbs, 10 yrs ago...and i had the surgeries to remove the extra skin too.  I have done every diet u can imagine.  I did loose a lot of weight on weight watchers, but i really don't credit any diet with being the answer.

I tried to loose weight for yrs!  We all know how: eat less exercise more.  For me i think so much of it was mental.  It's not like i was 20 lbs overweight.  That's " well i like food, and relaxing".  I was 100 lbs overweight, so there was some reason i was doing that to my body.  I went to therapy, and did a lot of work on myself. 

For me, loosing weights on diet was like "white knuckling it".  When i made more of a mental connection, it became less like torture.  I actually DO like to exercise.  And I like to eat....but i think back at the way i used to eat, and I can't believe i was even able to fit all of that in my body.

If u have any thing u want to talk about...i'm more than willing to share.  It's prob my biggest life accomplishment,

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"