Working Moms
Options

What are your favorite interviewing questions?

We're doing a lot of interviewing and I want to refresh my list of standard questions.  What are your favorite questions (obviously non-industry specific) to ask candidates?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What are your favorite interviewing questions?

• Options

An ice breaker! Name 5 people you would most like to meet!

If you had a million dollars how would you spend it?

I like the not-so-cliche questions to get the candidate on their feet! I like to see how fast people can respond to an off the wall topic!

• Options

What would be your idea of success with working for _____ company?

If you choose to discuss, what has been your most difficult life experience?

When do you feel frustrated or overwhelmed? How do you handle those situations.

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I really don't like the generic "what's your biggest weakness?" type questions.

I do like specific scenarios, "what would you do if...?", especially if you're able to make it specific to your business, like one I had the other day "Our school's data shows that we're struggling to meet the needs of black and hispanic children. What experience do you have in this area and give specific ways you would work with these children."

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I like the scenarios also. 
    Depending on your field, I also like questions about how clients/students/coworkers/etc would describe you? You can do it open ended or (again depending on your field & things you look for) you can give a couple options. For example I work in education and we were recently using the question- would students describe you as tough or understanding? 
    obviously they are not antonyms and a lot of people might say 'both' but some will choose one or the other & with an explanation you can get some interesting info.

I don't miss my days of supervising & doing a lot of interviewing. Ugh. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"