Washington Babies

Re: FFFC!

• I feel like defecting over to FB totally would mean that we would miss out on getting to know some great people. And then I realize that things go in cycles, and it's a tad egotistical to think that the board would just die off.

I almost spelled egotistical - egotestical. Same difference, right?

I haven't made any effort to get the kids or myself back on East coast time after our visit home. Which means the girls are going to bed around midnight, Luke and I are up till 2ish, and we are sleeping until 11.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm already pissed off at work and I've only been here 31 minutes.
    M + K = 05.16.09 | A.P. = 02.27.11
  • Loading the player...
  • I am not on facebook and don't intend to sign up, so I feel a little sad that the regulars on this board are pretty much gone.  But, I guess since Tillman is older and I don't have any babies or any on the way, I shouldn't be here so much anyway.  Not really a confession, I guess.
    T-man (07/27/05, 2:52pm, 10 lbs, 2 oz, 22") My Blog
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
    TTC #2 for a million years: SA normal, CD 23 bloodwork shows nothing amiss, ovulation detected. Next step: ? maybe CD3 bloodwork to check eggs? All out of pocket, so limited IF tests/treatments.
  • You should be here, don't say that!  I think eventually it will even out and just as many posts on FB will be on TB.  I'm trying to both... :-/
  • Since having DS, my priorities in life have changed and I want to work part time.  this may not work out with my current workplace (we're trying to make it work, but I just have a feeling it won't end up being feasible), so I'm considering looking for a new job.  This makes me very sad since I work 5 minutes from home, in general really like everyone there and am pretty happy (as long as I'm not on call, which SUCKS with a husband that works long hours and travels a lot).  I'm sad that I think I need to change things work-wise.. change is scary!!
  • BSJMMBSJMM member
    Although I am a total FB whore, I think I am going to unsubscribe to the Bumpies FB page.  Every time someone posts, I get a notification on my phone (as I get notifications anytime someone posts/comments on my wall/pictures/etc.). My phone is chiming ALL DAY LONG - and it's starting to get on my nerves.
  • imageMrsKatie:
    You should be here, don't say that!  I think eventually it will even out and just as many posts on FB will be on TB.  I'm trying to both... :-/

This!!  :) I still like the board and miss all the posts - FB is hard to follow unless you're on it all the time too .. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Dx: Hypothalamic Amennorhea (Unexplained) DS #1: IVF #1 - Born: 3/15/10 TTC #2: FET Cycle #1: BFP 11/4/12(HPT) - Beta #1: 61.8 Beta #2: 60 :( Beta #3: 14 Natural M/C FET Cycle #2: ET: 2/13/13, BFP 2/20/13 (HPT) - Beta #1:9dp5dt(2/22/13) - 93.1 - Beta #2:12dp5dt - 543
  • imageBSJMM:
    Although I am a total FB whore, I think I am going to unsubscribe to the Bumpies FB page.  Every time someone posts, I get a notification on my phone (as I get notifications anytime someone posts/comments on my wall/pictures/etc.). My phone is chiming ALL DAY LONG - and it's starting to get on my nerves.

Go into your settings for the group and change your notifications. You can get them for all posts; for just posts you posted in; or not at all.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • C's eating habits have changed. He will basically only eat fruits and veggies maybe twice a day. I love that he eats fruits and veggies, but I cannot get protein in him. He won't eat peanut butter, edamame, or chicken which used to be his favorite. I am at a loss and it is so frustrating. I know he will eat when hungry, but I feel like such a bad mom since he is eating so little.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageckmommy:
    C's eating habits have changed. He will basically only eat fruits and veggies maybe twice a day. I love that he eats fruits and veggies, but I cannot get protein in him. He won't eat peanut butter, edamame, or chicken which used to be his favorite. I am at a loss and it is so frustrating. I know he will eat when hungry, but I feel like such a bad mom since he is eating so little.

Max went through this too, went from eating anything and everything to refusing a lot of things he used to like, especially veggies. He has gotten better again, though it's still hit and miss. My advice is just keep offering good choices, and he eats what he eats. I know it is hard though!

Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • imageMrsEditorJax:

imageBSJMM:

Go into your settings for the group and change your notifications. You can get them for all posts; for just posts you posted in; or not at all.

Definitely do this, don't leave! :) I changed mine and it's much better.

Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • imageckmommy:
    C's eating habits have changed. He will basically only eat fruits and veggies maybe twice a day. I love that he eats fruits and veggies, but I cannot get protein in him. He won't eat peanut butter, edamame, or chicken which used to be his favorite. I am at a loss and it is so frustrating. I know he will eat when hungry, but I feel like such a bad mom since he is eating so little.

I came in to confess the exact same thing. DD is currently in her highchair whining/crying because she doesn't want what I gave her. I left the room to see if she'd eat with me not around. I guess not. Now I'm not sure whether to offer her something I know she'll eat or just ask if she's done. Argh!! Mommy guilt either way.

• imagepinktulips:

I feel like defecting over to FB totally would mean that we would miss out on getting to know some great people. And then I realize that things go in cycles, and it's a tad egotistical to think that the board would just die off.

I was thinking this same thing last night. I can't lie...I miss the board. I still haven't gotten into the flow of the FB page yet. That said I'm sure I will eventually.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic EDD: September 22, 2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageckmommy:
    Don't feel bad! I think all kids go through this. Connor has not been wanting to eat much breakfast or lunch lately. I swear for two days straight he ate nothing but cantaloupe, watermelon, craisins and bell peppers. He has never been a big meat eater and has to be starving to eat a pb&j sandwich. I have found he likes grilled shrimp, sausage links and trader joes meatballs. Now it is just a matter of not giving him those all time that he gets sick of them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • imageBSJMM:

This. But I already unsubscribed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Confession: I dont like the Bumpie FB page. All the notifications are driving me nuts (which I guess I can change...) but I think the whole feeling of it isnt right. I feel like it is clique- ish, and it messes up our sense of community on here, esp after FFC today, where most people just went on FB instead. 
  • imagebaby_austin7/25:
    I am not on facebook and don't intend to sign up, so I feel a little sad that the regulars on this board are pretty much gone.  But, I guess since Tillman is older and I don't have any babies or any on the way, I shouldn't be here so much anyway.  Not really a confession, I guess.

yea, I never made the jump to livejournal off the knot and lost contact with a bunch of people.  So far I'm not really into the facebook page.  Hopefully it evens out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• This is my FFFC that I posted on FB...

When I was a single mom, I would get scared at night and go crawl into bed with my son.

I worry that Thea looks enough like MIL that I will favor Ella.
    I also worry that Thea will be the fat sister. How horrible is that?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ella is not very snuggly anymore. The other night when I went to bed, I brought her in bed with me to snuggle all night! When she woke up, she was so happy that I was there too... It was so cute! I'm starting to feel like I want to spoil her while she's the only child, but know it will make it harder on her when #2 comes. :(
  • imageblueLu25:
    Confession: I dont like the Bumpie FB page. All the notifications are driving me nuts (which I guess I can change...) but I think the whole feeling of it isnt right. I feel like it is clique- ish, and it messes up our sense of community on here, esp after FFC today, where most people just went on FB instead. 
    Agreed!
  • DH is changing jobs and filling out all the paper work for new hires and he does not know a single thing about so much of our financial/tax/insurance standings that it scares me. I handle our money thankfully but I want to scream at him sometimes because the most basic questions he has no idea about.
  • Sorry if this is TMI...

Walter has had a rectal prolapse every day for at least 12 days and before that once a week or so.  Yes, it's a problem and we've spoke to his doctor but there is nothing we can "do" about it.  HE needs to eat more fiber, and not push so hard and let his bottom heal.  Because it's so frequent, he has bloody stools every time he goes to the bathroom.  Daycare is concerned, even though I sent in a note and told them about it, and everytime I talk to someone about it they make me feel like a bad mom for not doing something about it.  But I honestly don't know what to do about it!  He needs to eat more fiber, but won't.  We have crying fits every.single.night, time out, he cries, i cry all becasue he won't eat the food I want him to eat.  I say he needs to eat fruits, he wants a banana, and that makes the problem worse.  I want him to eat peaches and he's so damn stubborn that he will cry and cry and cry for apples and bananas instead of peaches pears and plums. 

We get frusterated when it happenes, it's not fun for us or for him and then we try to explain how we want him healthy and don't want him to hurt and we are sad for him and we want his bottom to not have blood and to not be "out".  He thinks he's in trouble so he gets these big alligator tears and looks up at us with these sad eyes.  We are so at a loss for what to do.  How do we make him feel like he's not in trouble but get him to understand how important it is to a) not push so hard and b) eat the healthy foods we need him to eat to get better.  Now he's resorted to just not eating. 

BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • imageWatchPot:

Sorry if this is TMI...

Walter has had a rectal prolapse every day for at least 12 days and before that once a week or so.  Yes, it's a problem and we've spoke to his doctor but there is nothing we can "do" about it.  HE needs to eat more fiber, and not push so hard and let his bottom heal.  Because it's so frequent, he has bloody stools every time he goes to the bathroom.  Daycare is concerned, even though I sent in a note and told them about it, and everytime I talk to someone about it they make me feel like a bad mom for not doing something about it.  But I honestly don't know what to do about it!  He needs to eat more fiber, but won't.  We have crying fits every.single.night, time out, he cries, i cry all becasue he won't eat the food I want him to eat.  I say he needs to eat fruits, he wants a banana, and that makes the problem worse.  I want him to eat peaches and he's so damn stubborn that he will cry and cry and cry for apples and bananas instead of peaches pears and plums. 

We get frusterated when it happenes, it's not fun for us or for him and then we try to explain how we want him healthy and don't want him to hurt and we are sad for him and we want his bottom to not have blood and to not be "out".  He thinks he's in trouble so he gets these big alligator tears and looks up at us with these sad eyes.  We are so at a loss for what to do.  How do we make him feel like he's not in trouble but get him to understand how important it is to a) not push so hard and b) eat the healthy foods we need him to eat to get better.  Now he's resorted to just not eating. 

This is so sad. J had  alot of constipation for a long time and got daily miralax. Can you do that to help him until it gets better? 

• imagestacylu:
    imageWatchPot:

Sorry if this is TMI...

This is so sad. J had  alot of constipation for a long time and got daily miralax. Can you do that to help him until it gets better? 

Poor kiddo - and mommy too! What about Benefiber? Can kids use that? It dissolves completely! Even in plain water! You could hide it in all kinds of stuff...

• imagestacylu:
    imageWatchPot:

Sorry if this is TMI...

This is what I was going to suggest - poor guy.  I hope you ALL feel better soon!

• imageWatchPot:

Sorry if this is TMI...

Does he drink milk ok? When my nephew was having similar issues we would put a little Carnation Instant Breakfast mixed into his milk. Not the full amount obviously, but he looked at it like a treat without realizing it was actually helping him. I actually used it in the later half of my pregnancy and post c-section just to make things a little easier. I hope something works soon for you.
  • imageWatchPot:

Sorry if this is TMI...

Poor kiddo. I'm sorry! Sydney is having some issues lately herself (2 Dr. Pedi appts and 1 GI appt I'm still not satisfied with what they are telling me). They recommend some prune juice each day and it seems to be helping. Syd actually likes it but she's still a baby so I guess she can't really tell me otherwise. Good luck! THese are the kind of issues I hate dealing with!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • imageckmommy:
    imageWatchPot:

Sorry if this is TMI...

Does he drink milk ok? When my nephew was having similar issues we would put a little Carnation Instant Breakfast mixed into his milk. Not the full amount obviously, but he looked at it like a treat without realizing it was actually helping him. I actually used it in the later half of my pregnancy and post c-section just to make things a little easier. I hope something works soon for you.

Loves milk but it's on the no-no list.  I didn't know carnation had that much fiber in it, I'll look in to that, thanks.  He's currently on a laxative and a fiber suppliment but small doses so it doesn't overwhelm his bowels too much and overwhelm me too much by living in the bathroom.  Thanks for all the sympathy! 

BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • My friend swaers by PediaLax Fiber gummies. And does he like pancakes? FiberOne makes an awesome (just add water) pancake mix (avail at Target). Its the only one use - sometimes I mix in fruit too.
  • Ok...new FFC... C was just screaming in the car. I gave him a Joe's kids lemonade box to make him happy.
  • imagedawnies79:
    imagepinktulips:

I feel like defecting over to FB totally would mean that we would miss out on getting to know some great people. And then I realize that things go in cycles, and it's a tad egotistical to think that the board would just die off.

I was thinking this same thing last night. I can't lie...I miss the board. I still haven't gotten into the flow of the FB page yet. That said I'm sure I will eventually.

This. :) 

{The artist formerly known as JRS72206}
  • Since everone is confessing about FB -page I will too. I admit I like it but still prefer the board here. FB is nice for when I am bored late at night though cause there is always something to post on or someone to talk to and here you cant see whose here when.

Dawn - Wife of Brian 09/25/2005 - Mother of Eli Jace 03/12/2007 and Kai Evan 10/17/08

• imagebaby_austin7/25:
    I am not on facebook and don't intend to sign up, so I feel a little sad that the regulars on this board are pretty much gone.  But, I guess since Tillman is older and I don't have any babies or any on the way, I shouldn't be here so much anyway.  Not really a confession, I guess.

Join!  Make up a fake name if you don't want to "really" join... Lexi did that...  

• imageJodiLinn503:

imageckmommy:

I came in to confess the exact same thing. DD is currently in her highchair whining/crying because she doesn't want what I gave her. I left the room to see if she'd eat with me not around. I guess not. Now I'm not sure whether to offer her something I know she'll eat or just ask if she's done. Argh!! Mommy guilt either way.

When Ben went through that phase, I just made him things I knew he'd eat for breakfast and lunch, and then for dinner he'd get what we were eating.  If he didnt' want to eat, he could have cereal.  No other choices.  Eventually he came back around.   It's a headache though I know.  Cooper seems to be toying with this fun plan too.  Today he even spit out pasta.   

• FB:  I like it.  I like that it's easier to post to especially from a phone.  I like that it moves faster.   I do wish you could see post subjects though.  It does have a different "vibe".  But I think somehow we should use both.  Because if the "test" for joining the FB page is being a regular bump poster, then there needs to be a bump to post to.   It's simple enough to turn off notifications on your phone too.  I turned them off completely for FB a long time ago.  I didn't need notifications that someone responded to a post or whatever.  I'd jsut check FB when I wanted to check FB.  

WatchPot - I'll page you so you see my response about poop..  

• I can't get over Rachel Beckwith's story.  I'm in tears and/or ugly sobbing everytime I hear more about it.  I heard this song on the radio yesterday and started sobbing uncontrollably.  A little girl died, but thousands will live because of it.  It tears me apart and inspires me at the same time.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemrs_smith717:
    I can't get over Rachel Beckwith's story.  I'm in tears and/or ugly sobbing everytime I hear more about it.  I heard this song on the radio yesterday and started sobbing uncontrollably.  A little girl died, but thousands will live because of it.  It tears me apart and inspires me at the same time.

Me too!! I hope her parents are proud of what an amazing little girl she became. My heart breaks for all her family.

collage Cooper Flynn is 3 years old and growing! May 10,2009 Miscarriage April 2008 Ectopic pregnancy August 2011
  • imageICanHazCheezBurgr:
    imagedawnies79:
    imagepinktulips:

This. :) 

Same I miss the old board, feels like no one is here anymore :(
    collage Cooper Flynn is 3 years old and growing! May 10,2009 Miscarriage April 2008 Ectopic pregnancy August 2011
  • imageSeattle_JiLLn:
    FB:  I like it.  I like that it's easier to post to especially from a phone.  I like that it moves faster.   I do wish you could see post subjects though.  It does have a different "vibe".  But I think somehow we should use both.  Because if the "test" for joining the FB page is being a regular bump poster, then there needs to be a bump to post to.   It's simple enough to turn off notifications on your phone too.  I turned them off completely for FB a long time ago.  I didn't need notifications that someone responded to a post or whatever.  I'd jsut check FB when I wanted to check FB.

Agreed.  Good point. 

• imagenewmommy74:

imagemrs_smith717:
    I can't get over Rachel Beckwith's story.  I'm in tears and/or ugly sobbing everytime I hear more about it.  I heard this song on the radio yesterday and started sobbing uncontrollably.  A little girl died, but thousands will live because of it.  It tears me apart and inspires me at the same time.

Me too!! I hope her parents are proud of what an amazing little girl she became. My heart breaks for all her family.

My confession is that I feel terrible for her parents. Their daughter was a saint, and what's come of her death is so wonderful, but I can't imagine not being able to grieve in peace and quiet, and seeing her name everywhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"