Washington Babies

swimming at home poll

well I tried to do a poll and it failed, so I'll just ask:

What do your non-potty trained kids where at home when playing in the water?

swim diaper
regular diaper
undies
nothing

[Poll]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: swimming at home poll

• Swim diaper if she hasnt already pooped that day. Otherwise, nothing.
  • I voted swim diaper - but if we didn't have any I'd probably just do a regular diaper - although we've only used our kiddie pool once :-/ ..
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Dx: Hypothalamic Amennorhea (Unexplained) DS #1: IVF #1 - Born: 3/15/10 TTC #2: FET Cycle #1: BFP 11/4/12(HPT) - Beta #1: 61.8 Beta #2: 60 :( Beta #3: 14 Natural M/C FET Cycle #2: ET: 2/13/13, BFP 2/20/13 (HPT) - Beta #1:9dp5dt(2/22/13) - 93.1 - Beta #2:12dp5dt - 543
  • Loading the player...
  • We have a reusable fabric swim diaper. But she's PT now so there's no issue.
  • Since her kiddie pool is in the backyard (which is fenced), I just let her run around nekkid!  We're outside, I figure a little air on her fanny is good for her.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I let Connor run around the backyard naked all.the.time. If we have friends over I will put him in a swim diaper(or reg diaper if I don't have any) just so he doesn't pee on anybody.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • I usually put his swim suit over a regular diaper.  Easier to deal with poop if it happens.
  • For those of you that say regular diaper, your kids aren't actually going in the pool, right? J wore a reg diaper in the wading pool last summer and it got so heavy with pool water he literally couldn't walk. It was hilarious but not something I'll do again! :)

• We CD so I put her in a pocket diaper without the insert. (I voted SS, but maybe should have selected 'swim diaper'.)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageAlli923:

Since her kiddie pool is in the backyard (which is fenced), I just let her run around nekkid!  We're outside, I figure a little air on her fanny is good for her.

Are you worried about the sun on her cute nekkid body? I know a swimsuit doesn't cover much, but I worry about exposing all of her skin. Should I just get over it?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagepearly1:

For those of you that say regular diaper, your kids aren't actually going in the pool, right? J wore a reg diaper in the wading pool last summer and it got so heavy with pool water he literally couldn't walk. It was hilarious but not something I'll do again! :)

Yes hes' in the pool.  It doesn't seem to bother him.    

• At home we would just put on his board shorts and let it be.  IF we go out in the boat we put on a regular diaper until it gets bulky and then I take it off and let him go with nothing but the board shorts.  UNLESS he hasn't pooped then I will put on a swim diaper after I take off the loaded regular diaper.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageJodiLinn503:
    imageAlli923:

Since her kiddie pool is in the backyard (which is fenced), I just let her run around nekkid!  We're outside, I figure a little air on her fanny is good for her.

Are you worried about the sun on her cute nekkid body? I know a swimsuit doesn't cover much, but I worry about exposing all of her skin. Should I just get over it?

Oh, I always lather her up in heavy duty sunblock so I don't worry about it.  And, we aren't usually out there long enough for it to be a concern.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I selected ss since we do cloth.  I just use a regular cloth diaper until it gets too soggy, then strip him down to nothing.  I never had to do much sunscreen on our old deck because it's in full shade. 
    My siggy never works right! Our bug is almost 3 now! image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"