LGBT Parenting
Options

What do you think of these curtains?

Our walls are ice blue, we're going for bright, fun, kid colors.  A room for ages 0-4. 1-2 boys or girls.  

Do you think this is ok for a boy or does the turquoise make it too girly?

Thanks!

Foster to Adopt Licensure Process. Expect to be licensed in Sept or Oct. Looking for infant and older sibling.

Re: What do you think of these curtains?

• Options
    I think they are fabulous! How fun!
  • Options
    Not that it is not a nice pattern...but I see more girl than boy.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    They look more feminine to me. But it could all depend on the room. I love them though
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    They look like fireworks to me, I love that fabric!  I say go for it, it will work for boys or girls, especially since the walls will be blue.
  • Options
    looks great! and i see plenty of boy in it.  Not that it really matters...gender expression is so fluid in the 0-4 bracket. 
  • Options

I agree with CT.

Side note: recently my client asked me to sort out some baby clothes into "boy" and "gender neutral" and I pointed out that gender is subjective and asked her to give me specific directions.

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagethemommymonster:

I like them a lot. I think they are a great gender neutral fabric.

And I want that fabric. :) Where did you get it?

Drawstring Fabric Studio is a great shop near my house.  No, really too near my house.  She has a blog and an etsy store, too.  (I don't think everything is always in the etsy store--but she can add something if you see something you like.)

Thanks everyone!  Regarding the gender expression--L and I feel that if we get a boy who has been socialized into very traditional gender expression, we don't want him to come into the room and think "Oh, this is a girl's room."  Part of making him feel at home right away. Hope that makes sense!  If we stick with this fabric for curtains, I am going to try to get something else pretty "boy" to have on hand. 

Foster to Adopt Licensure Process. Expect to be licensed in Sept or Oct. Looking for infant and older sibling.
  • Options
    imagemilwjean:

Thanks everyone!  Regarding the gender expression--L and I feel that if we get a boy who has been socialized into very traditional gender expression, we don't want him to come into the room and think "Oh, this is a girl's room."  Part of making him feel at home right away. Hope that makes sense!  If we stick with this fabric for curtains, I am going to try to get something else pretty "boy" to have on hand. 

This totally makes sense. I agree that with other decor that's more "boy" it would definitely balance it all out.

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    looks gender neutral to me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"