Natural Birth
Options

placenta encapsulation?

Have any of you lovely ladies done this? It is included as part of my doula's fee and I thinking about trying it with LO #2. I have read and heard good things, but just looking for some real life feedback.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: placenta encapsulation?

• Options
    I'm doing it this time. I had pretty bad PPD last time, and I figure it can't hurt. I wouldn't put it in a smoothie or anything, but taking a capsule doesn't seem too gross, lol. If it is included, why not, you know.
  • Options

My doula is doing it for me but she is charging an extra $150 for it!  I wold say if it is part of her service, go for it!

A friend of mine did it with her 2nd birth & swears by it.  She suffered pretty bad PPD with her first & said this time she didn't & also her milk came in really quickly compared to the 1st plus her energy was better!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm paying to have it done this time! Too many benefits to not at least have them around! I'd take any pill that would reduce my chances of PPD, give me energy, and decrease the amount/duration of my PP flow.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageStacieJane:
    I'm paying to have it done this time! Too many benefits to not at least have them around! I'd take any pill that would reduce my chances of PPD, give me energy, and decrease the amount/duration of my PP flow.

Agreement! Yes I haven't had any real-life experience, but I know from a friend just how bad PPD can get, and it scared the snot out of me. She had severe episodes of suicidal/homicidal thoughts, and I'll do/eat anything to help avoid that. But, I'm planning on doing the encapsulation myself. The process seems easy enough, and I've already got most of the stuff for it just lying around the house. It'll cost about $50 for me to do it myself, as opposed to having someone else do it for me for $200+. I just can't afford that :-( Here's hoping it works!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I did it and didn't have PPD (and I am prone to depression).  ::shrugs:: 

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• Options

I am.  I do not have a doula, so I had to investigate alternate options and am paying someone out of pocket to do it ($150).

I spent some time here reading https://placentabenefits.info/index.asp 

The hospital will release my placenta, but I have to meet the nurse off hospital grounds to transfer the cooler.  The will not allow it to be done on hospital property. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Me (33) DH (32) WFHM * Coffee & Beach Addict *Running is my Paxil*
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone! I will give it a try!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Here's some good info on how it's done, FWIW.

https://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1577334/Placenta_Encapsulation_Instructions_w_Pictures

I wouldn't mind trying it but hubby is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO grossed out by the idea lol. I don't think he'd let me live it down.

• Options
    gy86gy86 member

"I wouldn't mind trying it but hubby is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO grossed out by the idea lol. I don't think he'd let me live it down."

HAHAHAHAHA same!  My partner doesn't even want to see his daughter emerging; that's how grossed out he is by birth stuff.  Just the word "placenta" gives him the heebie-jeebies! 

So what I'm doing is getting someone to come pick up the placenta from me at the hospital, and then she does the whole process at her house, then delivers me the capsules.  (That way, the time-intensive process isn't happening in my house with my very grossed out boyfriend and very curious dog!)  The gal I found is actually doing it for free to build up a clientele; all she asks is that I provide her a little electric coffee grinder thing to be used solely for my own placenta (then I get it back when she's done.) 

When I bought the grinder, my partner gave me this confused look (I don't even have a coffee maker), and I responded, "Yeah.  Don't ask what it's for."  It took him a few minutes but then he put two and two together and was all, "AWWW...." [insert disgusted face].

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"