High-Risk Pregnancy

Daily Bed Rest Check-In 7/29/11 (Fri)

image Happy Friday, everyone! We made it to the end of another week! Welcome to new poster Medtwin! ms. fisher - hoping your BP comes down. Southern-Yankee - sorry you're feeling so uncomfortable and I hope the meds help you feel better! acos- Great news about going off of your meds and off of bed rest on Monday! Today's Questions: 1. What is your favorite smell? 2. What is your favorite item of clothing and why? 3. Besides you and DH/SO, who will be the first person to hold your LO? Updates:
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Daily Bed Rest Check-In 7/29/11 (Fri)

• Today's Questions:1. What is your favorite smell? the ocean

2. What is your favorite item of clothing and why? presently it's a pair of awesome pj pants from motherhood that H bought me

3. Besides you and DH/SO, who will be the first person to hold your LO? My 14 year old son :)

Updates:  I have a friend coming to visit me today! I am so excited for a change of pace lol

• 1. What is your favorite smell? This is hard - I like lots of smells! Probably the smell of bread or maybe a fruit pie baking? The most memorable smell that I loved was when my mother and I spent a week on the Olympic peninsula one summer.  We had visited a lavender farm and cut our own lavender, which dried in the back of the car all week. People passing our car probably would have thought one or the other of us was heavily medicated because the smell was so calming, neither of us could keep our eyes open.

2. What is your favorite item of clothing and why? As far as maternity clothes, I love the dress I wore to my shower - very comfortable, very flattering, etc.  In general, I think my favorite item is a v-neck cardigan that I knitted myself a few years  ago.  It is made of cheap yarn, but I feel very proud of myself when wearing it, and it fits really well.

3. Besides you and DH/SO, who will be the first person to hold your LO?  Hopefully my mom or dad? 
  • Loading the player...
  • What is your favorite smell? freshly baked chocolate chip cookies

What is your favorite item of clothing and why? victoria's secret yoga pants <3 so incredibly comfortable and i can pull the fold-over waste band up over my growing belly for extra support :)

Besides you and DH/SO who will be the first person to hold your LO? Most likely my mom.

Updates: Well, I have made my return to the bedrest check-in. I was here about a month ago for a few weeks for preterm contractions and then the doctor took me off of bedrest which was so exciting. Well on monday i was sent to the hospital to have a NST done because at my check-up i was having contractions while the dr. was checking the fetal heart-rate. Well thank god he sent me in for that NST, as soon as they hooked me up i started having killer contractions that were about 3 minutes apart and increasing in frequency and intensity- They did a FFN test that came back positive :( so they started me on a magnesium sulfate drip (WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!) after hours of the magnesium, my contractions weren't stopping so they had to transport me via critical care ambulance to a University hospital about an hour away that had NICU capabilities because they really thought i was going to deliver- Thankfully  I have a cervix that didn't want to dilate so the baby stayed on board :) They were finally able to at least decrease the intensity and frequency of my contractions and after two nights sent me home. I go to see my doctor today to find out what the plan is for the rest of the pregnancy regarding bedrest and work and all of that- I am assuming he is going to put me on bedrest for the duration- the dr's say i am a mystery because they cannot find any reason as to why i am going into preterm labor and why i am only contracting and not effacing or dilating- it is not very comforting to be told you are a mystery haha, hoping we got to the bottom of this though! So i am guessing i will be around here a lot more often after today
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yay another week down 1) fav smell is lilac it reminds me of my grandma she was my best friend I miss her a lot. 2) that would be my heels I love them and miss them so they can make any outfit happy and if your feeling a little fat they will always fit and make u feel sexy 3) I really think my mom my dh said he might let ppl hold lo lol we have been waiting a long time. UPDATE: so my dr called yest said I failed the 1 hr glucose test boo I will go in sat for the 3 hr man all this and now maybe diabetic ahh. Also Im anemic more pills too take trying to stay positive.
  • 1. Thanksgiving food being cooked. Especially apple pie. 2. My black maternity hoodie because it makes my hump look rounder and cuter than it is. 3. My mom Well ladies, my time on bed rest has come to an end. My appointment today went well. I'm now 3cm dilated, 80% effaced and baby is at a -1 station. But I'm full-term on Monday so I have been released. Is there anyone who would be willing to take over the check-in? :)
  • Etoyama- Congrats to you and your lo- what an incredible feeling. You did it! Good luck and keep everyone posted.

Queen- Yikes! Hang in there- and welcome back.  

Today's Questions:

1. What is your favorite smell? That's a tough one, my gut reaction is to say orange blossom, but after reading some of the pp responses- there are so many foods I love to smell being cooked...

2. What is your favorite item of clothing and why? At this point- I don't know what i would have done without my nike workout swimsuit tops- I've been using them as sports bras since about 30 weeks and they are so comfortable. I will have to replace 2 of them, I wore out the elastic! 

3. Besides you and DH/SO, who will be the first person to hold your LO? One of our lo's 8 grandparents, I'm just not sure which one will be the first to the punch. I'm sure it won't be long tho- the other 7 are gonna be anxious! 

Updates:
  • toriwctoriwc member

1. What is your favorite smell? DH's cologne.  And it doesn't even matter what kind; everything smells good on him.

2. What is your favorite item of clothing and why? Pre-pg, probably just a favorite old pair of sweats.  I also have a couple sweaters I really like and wear a lot in the rotation.

3. Besides you and DH/SO, who will be the first person to hold your LO? I'm sure my parents, then DH's, then my sister and niece.

Updates: High risk Dr. is going to lift the procardia and bed rest at 36 weeks, and is giving me the option of starting the school year or not.  While I am fortunate to have options like so many women don't, I am really torn as to what to do (I will probably post later about this, but feel free to comment now!).  He said don't be surprised if once he lifts it, I go into labor very soon (within a week), which would be really disruptive to my students to have me there for a week, then me to be gone.  But if I just stay home and DD cooks until her due date, I'll be pissed I wasted all that time off school.  Ugh.  Help.

• imageetoyama:
    1. Thanksgiving food being cooked. Especially apple pie.2. My black maternity hoodie because it makes my hump look rounder and cuter than it is.3. My momWell ladies, my time on bed rest has come to an end. My appointment today went well. I'm now 3cm dilated, 80% effaced and baby is at a -1 station. But I'm full-term on Monday so I have been released. Is there anyone who would be willing to take over the check-in? :)

Wow, I knew the time was near Congrats on gettin off, Good Luck w everything and thanks for keeping this up its been a huge help and you'll be missed!

• Howdie Folks!

Friday came around pretty quick considering.

1. My favorite smell is the smell of a match just being put out or a candle just blown out.

2. My favorite clothing item is this gown that I have, its super comfortable.

3. My 11year old son will be the first to hold his sister, we've all waited so long for this moment to come.

Enjoy your weekend ladies, time is passing!

• Congratulations Etoyma! You did it! Way to overachieve BR! 

Happy Happy Friday Everyone!

1. My favorite smell is Gardenia. I also love the smell of bleach, and yes I know that's weird. :)

2. My favorite maternity clothing item is a blue seersucker skirt. It's big and flouncy and makes me feel almost cute.  My favorite non maternity clothing item is a black Vneck Lacoste sweater. I always feel thin in it and it's really soft. 

3. With the last two births in my family (me and SIL), when my family got the call to go the hospital they each guessed the birth time. The person closest to delivery time got to be the first to hold LO. I'm guessing they'll do the same this time.  

Updates: Today is my last day on BR. I just came from the doctor and I've officially been released to return to work on Monday.I'll be 34 1/2 week on Monday and the doctors think that any more preterm labor is unlikely but that signs do return by the time I would deliver I'd  be at term. So back to real life I go....

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. What is your favorite smell?  Lavender.  Absolutely love it!2. What is your favorite item of clothing and why?  Right now it's t-shirts and underwear.  it makes laying on the couch or in bed a lot more comfortable.3. Besides you and DH/SO, who will be the first person to hold your LO?  Probably my MIL.  She won't know our LO is here until hours after the delivery because she'll insist on being in the room with us and will annoy the crap out of me.  lol.Updates:  My BP was up a bit today.  Been fighting a headache since yesterday but luckily some vegetables and water helped make it go away.  I don't feel as sick but I think the headache is what was causing my BP to be up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageQueenLouie:
    What is your favorite smell? freshly baked chocolate chip cookies

What is your favorite item of clothing and why? victoria's secret yoga pants <3 so incredibly comfortable and i can pull the fold-over waste band up over my growing belly for extra support :)

Besides you and DH/SO who will be the first person to hold your LO? Most likely my mom.

Updates: Well, I have made my return to the bedrest check-in. I was here about a month ago for a few weeks for preterm contractions and then the doctor took me off of bedrest which was so exciting. Well on monday i was sent to the hospital to have a NST done because at my check-up i was having contractions while the dr. was checking the fetal heart-rate. Well thank god he sent me in for that NST, as soon as they hooked me up i started having killer contractions that were about 3 minutes apart and increasing in frequency and intensity- They did a FFN test that came back positive :( so they started me on a magnesium sulfate drip (WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!) after hours of the magnesium, my contractions weren't stopping so they had to transport me via critical care ambulance to a University hospital about an hour away that had NICU capabilities because they really thought i was going to deliver- Thankfully  I have a cervix that didn't want to dilate so the baby stayed on board :) They were finally able to at least decrease the intensity and frequency of my contractions and after two nights sent me home. I go to see my doctor today to find out what the plan is for the rest of the pregnancy regarding bedrest and work and all of that- I am assuming he is going to put me on bedrest for the duration- the dr's say i am a mystery because they cannot find any reason as to why i am going into preterm labor and why i am only contracting and not effacing or dilating- it is not very comforting to be told you are a mystery haha, hoping we got to the bottom of this though! So i am guessing i will be around here a lot more often after today

I hate to say welcome back to the board but hopefully this time will be easier.  Let us know what your doctor says.  (((hugs))) 

• imageetoyama:
    1. Thanksgiving food being cooked. Especially apple pie.

2. My black maternity hoodie because it makes my hump look rounder and cuter than it is.

3. My mom

Well ladies, my time on bed rest has come to an end. My appointment today went well. I'm now 3cm dilated, 80% effaced and baby is at a -1 station. But I'm full-term on Monday so I have been released. Is there anyone who would be willing to take over the check-in? :)

Congratulations!!!!  You'll have to post pictures of your LO!  I'll be thinking and praying for you this weekend and next week! 

• imageMPB13:

Congratulations Etoyma! You did it! Way to overachieve BR! 

Happy Happy Friday Everyone!

1. My favorite smell is Gardenia. I also love the smell of bleach, and yes I know that's weird. :)

2. My favorite maternity clothing item is a blue seersucker skirt. It's big and flouncy and makes me feel almost cute.  My favorite non maternity clothing item is a black Vneck Lacoste sweater. I always feel thin in it and it's really soft. 

3. With the last two births in my family (me and SIL), when my family got the call to go the hospital they each guessed the birth time. The person closest to delivery time got to be the first to hold LO. I'm guessing they'll do the same this time.  

Updates: Today is my last day on BR. I just came from the doctor and I've officially been released to return to work on Monday.I'll be 34 1/2 week on Monday and the doctors think that any more preterm labor is unlikely but that signs do return by the time I would deliver I'd  be at term. So back to real life I go....

Congratulations and good luck!  Come back to visit us and keep us posted as to how you're doing! 

• Happy Friday Everyone!

1. My favorite smell is vanilla or the smell of baking chocolate chip cookies. Yum!

2. Lately I have been loving my maternity capri yoga pants and old navy tank tops. Typically I love summer sun dresses.

3. My Mom will probably be the first person to hold baby girl after me and DH. 

Updates: I have a feeling the my infection is coming back (I have been off the antibiotic for 4-5 days now.) ugh. Went to the Dr. and the infection is back. Back on to the antibiotics. Good news is the baby looks great and my cervix is still closed.

imageBabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Today's Questions:

1. What is your favorite smell? I love the smell of vanilla/sugar cookies and I love the way Cool Water smells on my DH.  I don't like it on alot of people, but on him it smells great!

2. What is your favorite item of clothing and why? Pre Pregnancy it was my pair of what I called my "skinny jeans".  They fit perfectly all the time.  I don't really have a favorite maternity item, but I have to admit I don't miss buttons and zippers:)

3. Besides you and DH/SO, who will be the first person to hold your LO? My parents and MIL will be the only people in waiting room so I would imagine they will be the first to hold LO

Updates: I am getting ready for my brother's wedding and I am feeling so lucky and blessed that I am able to go.  I have a dr appt on Monday and I know we will talking about when my LO will arrive.  I am so ready to have this baby:)  Have  a great weekend everyone!!!

• 1. What is your favorite smell? onions and garlic sauteing

2. What is your favorite item of clothing and why?  my maternity dresses.  Nothing constricting is really all i need at this point

3.Besides you and DH/SO, who will be the first person to hold your LO? Probably my best friend.

Updates:  Had to go back to triage for more contractions,  i am more dilated so im hoping this slows down at some point.

• Happy Friday ladies!

1. I love the smell of laundry right out of the dryer!

2. right now it's my maternity cotton maxi dress from Old Navy. I live in it, it's a good thing I have 2 of them:)

3. My mom will probably be the first person after me and DH. This has been a huge concern for me - the things we obsess over while on bed rest! I'm having a c-section and the surgery & recovery really don't scare me it's that my mom & MIL will get to hold my babies before I do. DH has strict instructions not to let this happen. I've even contemplated telling my mom & MIL my c/s is later in the day then it actually will be so they won't have the opportunity to see/hold my babies before I do. Yep I'm completely irrational:)

Updates: Nothing new which is good! DH went to his brother's wedding this weekend 2 hours away. I'm pretty upset that I can't go. I hate that everyone is there having fun except me:( I think I'll have a little pity party for myself tonight with take out and ice cream:))

• Today's Questions:

1. What is your favorite smell?

I love sweet pea body lotion from bath and body works :)

2. What is your favorite item of clothing and why?

Right now, my hubby's tshirts. Omg, so comfortable.

3. Besides you and DH/SO, who will be the first person to hold your LO?

Hopefully my mother :)

Updates:

Nothing new here! I found out that I'm allowed to have sex again at 36 weeks, so 1) I'll get to catch up on my missed anniversary sex and 2) Hopefully that means I get to go off bedrest around then too, I forgot to ask if the permission for one meant permission for the other.

Lol, TMI, I know, but it's good news!

Vote on my Baby Names here!
    VOTE on my Name List
    Surprise! Baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Eto-Congrats on graduating from the bed rest club and getting ready to have yourself a baby! That is so exciting! I love it!!!  Please let us know how everything goes.  Until then...we'll be thinking of you!!!

If no one else wants to do the daily check-in, I'll take over until my LO is removed from his cozy womb.  I'll peek at the board Mon. morning and if no one has posted, I will get something up! 

Today's Questions:

1. What is your favorite smell? My husband fresh out of the shower

2. What is your favorite item of clothing and why? I have super comfortable Victoria's Secret pajamas that still fit me...so I rotate through those.  (The hospital does not make me wear a gown! Thank Goodness!)

3. Besides you and DH/SO, who will be the first person to hold your LO? Probably my momma! Or my sister...depending on who gets here first. :)

Updates: After my 24 hour urine collection, my # was 275! If I hit 300, I would be diagnosised with Pre-E.  So at this point, my BP is good!  Hip Hip Hooray!  Had an u/s yesterday and baby looks good.  The tech mentioned his stomach is measuring big (36 wks) but she said everything else was right on target.  Not sure if I should be concerned or not?  Baby Fish is 5 lbs which is great!  The bigger the better!!!  We may just have to name him Buddah with that big belly he apparently has... :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"