Pregnant after IF
Options

Ikea Hemnes Dresser Owners

Hi Ladies!

Anyone buy the Ikea Hemnes dressers for their nursery? We bought a couple the other day in white- which is really kind of a cream color. I'm stumped on which cribs to get-we were thinking the Graco Lauren or Sarah but don't know if they would look too white next to the dresser.  If you have the dresser and a white crib does it look okay together? I was also looking at antique white cribs online and thought those may match better but haven't seen any in person. Any thoughts?

Me 32 DH 38 Married October 2008- TTC Right Away! Dx - High FSH, MFI 3 IUI's in 09-10 all BFN July 2010 IVF #1- four eggs retrieved 2 mature only made it to 4 cells-none to transfer. March 30th- starting meds for IVF #2 April 10th- retrieval of 10 eggs/7mature April 15th- 5dt of 2 blasts April 25th- 10dp5dt Beta #1- 662 April 27th- 12dp5dt Beta #2- 1576 2 Girls! Due January 1, 2012. BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Ikea Hemnes Dresser Owners

• Options
    We have the Ikea Malm dresser in cream and are buying the Lauren cribs in natural.  Partly so that the cream dresser and white cribs don't look mismatched and also because the fabric I'm using for the skirts will look better with the natural.  GL!
    TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
    5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
    IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
    FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
    twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
    Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

We got the Graco Lauren crib, and specifically DIDN'T get the Hemnes because I didn't like the cream next to the white. I think an antique white would look better next to the cream than a true white.

Good luck! 

SAIFW
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Huh.  Everything I've read said they look great together.  I hope so b/c that's our plan!  We already have the Graco Lauren crib and plan to get the Ikea Hemnes dresser soon.  If it looks horrible, I guess I'll have to paint it.  Or figure out a configuration of the room where they're not right by each other.  Blah.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageSunshine05:
    Huh.  Everything I've read said they look great together.  I hope so b/c that's our plan!  We already have the Graco Lauren crib and plan to get the Ikea Hemnes dresser soon.  If it looks horrible, I guess I'll have to paint it.  Or figure out a configuration of the room where they're not right by each other.  Blah.

I think if you don't like the look of it together, maybe just adding a few more cream colored things and a few more white colored things so it looks like both colors are part of the decor might do it? I just didn't want to go that route......the room has all white trim, and 2 white walls (along with 2 colored walls), so we didn't want to bring cream into the mix.  

SAIFW
  • Options
    imagewhispergrrl:

imageSunshine05:

I think if you don't like the look of it together, maybe just adding a few more cream colored things and a few more white colored things so it looks like both colors are part of the decor might do it? I just didn't want to go that route......the room has all white trim, and 2 white walls (along with 2 colored walls), so we didn't want to bring cream into the mix.  

Yeah, all the trim is white, doors are white, blinds are white... bedding has a lot of white... it would look off if the dresser is cream.  I'm hoping maybe it's a case-by-case issue.  I'll have to check it out in the store.  Otherwise, more painting, lol!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We were going to get the Hemnes dresser to go with our Oeuf Robin crib, but after seeing the Hemnes in the store and noticing that it was a little creamier than I had thought, we went with the Malm in white.  I am so glad we did, because the robin crib is a white white and the contrast would have bothered me.

I still like the style of the Hemnes furniture better, but I am glad we went with the Malm. With everything else we have going on in the nursery, the dresser isn't exactly the focal point of the room anymore.

TTC Child #1 Sept '08, Dx: Unexplained, DOR 2 IUI's = BFN, m/c, IVF 1 = 0 embies to put back, IVF 2 = BFN, IVF 3 = cancelled, IVF 4 = BFP with 1 embie. Our son came into our life on 9/28/11. We are in love! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"