April 2011 Moms

wtf! Who does that????

Hey everyone! I have a three month old baby boy & ive been on tb since my bfp last August... I never posted (im pretty shy) But you all have been a such a help/ support through out my pregnancy and newborn stage.  Anyway, I wanted to post today because I know you would understand my annoyance right now more than anyone else.  

So... I went out for lunch & decided to bring a bottle instead of nursing (my boy is an VERY slow nurser).  When it was time for him to eat I asked for a bowl of hot water to heat my bottle up in. My waiter said "I have hot water behind the counter I will do it for you".   Well, when he handed the bottle back to me it was 3 ounces fuller!!!!!!! I said "WHAT DID YOU PUT IN MY BOTTLE????" & he said "Hot water!"  Who does that!!!!!! 6.5 ounces of manual pumped milk down the drain!!!!! I am soooo pissed!!!!

Oh... he had a nerve to say "its ok, I have a baby at home!" It is not ok!!!!! you don't open other peoples bottles!!! I really hope he doesn't make his baby's bottles at home :/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: wtf! Who does that????

• I can't believe that he did that!  That really stinks, breast milk is hard to come by, especially 6.5 oz.  Well last night DH's grandmother tried to feed LO, (3mos) ice cream. I said no and she continued to put the spoon near her mouth, I said no again nicely and explained why...then she got snippy with me and said "...babies like ice cream, you don't know everything."  Well when it comes to DD, yes I DO know everything!!  I can feel your frusteration.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • wow! Ice cream at 3 months! That's ridiculous!!!! And I was pissed when my DH listened to his mother and gave my baby 3 ounces of water at 1 month... 
  • Loading the player...
  • I've come close to tears when DH messed up and heated up a 4 oz bottle, only to let DD sleep through the feeding and then put it back in the fridge so he could "give it to her tomorrow night."  Sorry you had to waste the 6.5 oz!

• I am glad that you checked the oz's.  How strange, I wonder if he thought it was formula?  Still that's pretty gutsy to add anything to anyone's baby bottle.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagecampbaby76:
    I am glad that you checked the oz's.  How strange, I wonder if he thought it was formula?  Still that's pretty gutsy to add anything to anyone's baby bottle.

This....WTF was he thinking?  BF or FF...messing with the bottle contents can drive a mom to become homocidal.

• imagePharmacyQueen:
    I can't believe that he did that!  That really stinks, breast milk is hard to come by, especially 6.5 oz.  Well last night DH's grandmother tried to feed LO, (3mos) ice cream. I said no and she continued to put the spoon near her mouth, I said no again nicely and explained why...then she got snippy with me and said "...babies like ice cream, you don't know everything."  Well when it comes to DD, yes I DO know everything!!  I can feel your frusteration.

Oh HELL no.  I would be pissed at this.

Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  • imageKmhsswim:

I've come close to tears when DH messed up and heated up a 4 oz bottle, only to let DD sleep through the feeding and then put it back in the fridge so he could "give it to her tomorrow night."  Sorry you had to waste the 6.5 oz!

If that was BM (which is why I'm assuming you were close to tears!) it is okay to reheat it a second time!
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Sadly, he had also left it out all night and put it in the fridge in the am.  He was willing to read over the bm guidelines after that incident.
  • kje120kje120 member
    Wow - I would be pissed! I'm sorry you lost the 6.5 oz. I know how much work that is!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • GHBEAGHBEA member

WOW! that is awful.  Next time just make them bring you warm water like they do when you make your own hot tea at the table.  Sorry it was wasted, BM is liquid gold.

BTW your little boy is absolutely gorgeous.  

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • sorry you had to waste that much BM because of a stupid waiter!!!  Please post more often so we can see that adorable pic of your son!!!
  • MrsLCHMrsLCH member

Angry

WTF?!

• Yeah, that's exactly what I will do.  I was hesitant to hand it over, but never imagined he would open it & put anything in it.  I felt violated!  

Thank you! So is your beautiful girl :) 

• Thank you... I definitely will :)
  • What a dummy!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"