April 2011 Moms
Options

Starting to have more awake time during the day?

Is your LO still only up for no more than 2hrs at a time?  Or, are they starting to stay up longer, especially before bedtime?

We're still mostly doing 1.5-2 hrs awake, except for after 3rd nap.  He seems to be up for 2.5-3hrs.  Sometimes he won't take a 3rd nap, which is weird.

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Starting to have more awake time during the day?

• Options

Hannah is rarely up more than 2 hours, and when she is she gets pretty cranky.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My girls go down for a nap after about 1.5-2 hours. It's pretty normal for this age.

I have found this post helpful.

Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My little dude is resisting naps. He still goes down after about 2 hours but only for 10-30 minutes. He usually won't fall asleep after 5pm either. He'll wait until bedtime (8) no matter how tired he is. 
  • Options
    janjagjanjag member
    imageams8099:

My girls go down for a nap after about 1.5-2 hours. It's pretty normal for this age.

I have found this post helpful.

Thanks so much for that link!  That woman has been busy since, lol. 

Interesting on the <20min nap and <45min nap.  We're transitioning out of the swing and he takes his morning nap in the crib.  It is always 40-45min.  I just assumed that was because he hasn't learned to put himself back to sleep yet.  Tomorrow I will try putting him down a little earlier. 

Maybe my DS is getting too much awake time, and that might be why he's resisting 3rd nap, and bedtime is getting to be such a struggle. 

With the older DDs time gets away from me, esp in the evening, and DS isn't giving out the sleepy cues like he used to. 

• Options

Yeah, We are on a 4 hour EASY routine.  He's up for about 15 minutes, then he eats and we play.  Almost 2 hours exactly after he gets up, he goes down for 1.5-2 hours.  He does this twice perfectly.  The third time, his last nap is only 35-45 minutes and some time he won't go down at all.  It seems like our kiddos are pretty similar.

According to Baby Whisperer (which we follow), the last nap is normally a catnap and it isn't strange at all.

• Options
    imagejteneback:

This, but her naps are rarely longer than 30 minutes. I think I calculated her average total awake time to be about 10 hours out of 24.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    janjagjanjag member
    imageSarahL77:
    imagejteneback:

This, but her naps are rarely longer than 30 minutes. I think I calculated her average total awake time to be about 10 hours out of 24.

The only way we're getting one long nap right now is b/c he's in the swing for the afternoon nap.  Otherwise they'd all be 40min naps.  I *might* go cold turkey in the next couple of weeks and do crib only. 

• Options
    vanfoxvanfox member
    The only time Nate's up for more than 2 hours is between his last nap and bed. We're pretty much at 1.5 hours of awake time during the day, but he's always been a sleepy babe. We were still at only an hour of awake time just a few weeks ago.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    NannaNanna member
    She's still in the napping after 1.5-2 hours awake, but she is going a little longer stretch between her last nap and bedtime - she's usually awake from like 4-7 or 8 then STTN.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    imagejanjag:
    imageSarahL77:
    imagejteneback:

The only way we're getting one long nap right now is b/c he's in the swing for the afternoon nap.  Otherwise they'd all be 40min naps.  I *might* go cold turkey in the next couple of weeks and do crib only. 

We went cold turkey from swing to crib for naps a little over 2 weeks ago and it was a long 10 days or so of 30-45 minute naps all day every day. Then about a week ago she finally started taking longer naps in her crib. Now she usually wakes up for the morning around 7, is awake for 1.5 hrs then naps for 1 hr, awake for 1.5-2 hrs then naps for 2-3 hrs (!!!), awake for 1.5 hrs then naps for 30-45 mins, then is awake for 2.5-3 hrs before going to bed around 8.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"