Blended Families
Options

NBFR: I got myself a climber!

DD is climbing on EVERYTHING.

If it has a ledge of any sort, she will try to climb it.  This past week I found her perched on DH's hat rack. It has a cabinet with doors on the bottom and the mirror and hat hooks at the top. She was just sitting up there on the base that's about 24" off the floor.  We watched and filmed her because we couldn't figure out how she did it and it was just so funny to see her sitting up on the hat rack like a little queen. She uses every little ledge and edge she can grasp with her little toes and fingers and she clambers up.

Last night she would go to the side of the bed, use the nightstand and the bed frame for leverage, haul herself up and then scramble to the end of the bed, slide down and do it all over again. 

She sticks her little toes on the drawer at the bottom of the stove, grabs the oven handle and will pull herself up to peek up on the stove.  Yeah.  I'm not so happy about that one. And she's quick, so I have to be on alert all times when cooking or lock her out with the baby gate.

I can also tell she's starting to figure out how to utilize drawers in a stair step and cabinet shelves as a ladder to the counter. She hasn't quite connected all the dots, but she's starting to on that one!

She can climb up in my husband's jacked up 4x4 truck using the step, door frame, door, seat, and steering wheel.  It's a redneck truck and pretty high. 

She has no fear, she rarely falls, and she's fast. If she does fall, she rarely cries. She gets right back up and goes at it again. If she keeps this up, by end of the summer she'll be climbing trees! DH says she's got his bull rider genes.  God help me.....

Re: NBFR: I got myself a climber!

• Options
    FloF9FloF9 member

There's no stopping her now.  Yes

• Options

My DD loves to climb the stairs...it's scary. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

DD picked up climbing stairs soon after she learned to walk at 11 months.  She has yet to fall, and she is so funny at the top. She knows to be careful, so she gets on the floor in a crawl position and backs up to the stairs to scootch down them a good 10 feet from the first step.

I'm just glad from the few times she's fallen, she's figured out how to be careful and doesn't forget the danger. But dang if she isn't so sure of herself and brave. 

It freaks me out. She will be a little daredevil like her daddy. I'm a big fat chicken. I fear that I see a few hospital visits in our future if she keeps this up.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"