D.C. Area Babies

Pre-school 1 day per week?

I'm thinking of possibly putting DD in pre-school 1 day a week.

She's great at playing with her small group at daycare, and transitions relatively fast in new small groups - but, she seems to be really shy in bigger group settings.  Also, she loves to color and to do "lessons" - like, learning shapes, counting, flashcards, etc.

I can't really put her in a full-time pre-school this year... but, I'm thinking I might be able to swing a 1 day/1 morning per week program.

Do you think this would be worth it?  Has anyone else put their kids in pre-school just 1 day a week?  If so, what were your experiences?

Re: Pre-school 1 day per week?

• How old is she again?  Sorry I don't remember...
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • She's 2.5 - will be 3 at the end of January.

I am not sure what the pre-school "cycle" looks like - I'd probably do it next year.  But, this plan will involve teleworking one morning a week.  And, I want to be able to give that a try for a while first...  She's not potty trained yet, either. 

• Loading the player...

• Have you found a school that offers one day a week? I know that there are some Mother's Morning Out programs that are one day a week but I don't know about preschools. Also, I know where we are they start registration in January for the classes that start in September and they fill up quickly. DD started going 2 mornings a week when she was almost 3 and she loved it. 

Married 7.9.05
    DD1 9.24.06
    DS 7.1.08
    twins due 9.7.11 lost twin A at
    DD2 4.7.12
  • imageSoonToBeMrsDTS:

Have you found a school that offers one day a week? I know that there are some Mother's Morning Out programs that are one day a week but I don't know about preschools. Also, I know where we are they start registration in January for the classes that start in September and they fill up quickly. DD started going 2 mornings a week when she was almost 3 and she loved it. 

Based on their website, the school I found *looks* like it has one-morning a week... but, it's kind of unclear to me at this point.

I may also look into a weekday gymnastics class - so she can get that experience without me having to deal with the craziness on the weekend!

• imageSoonToBeMrsDTS:

Have you found a school that offers one day a week? I know that there are some Mother's Morning Out programs that are one day a week but I don't know about preschools. Also, I know where we are they start registration in January for the classes that start in September and they fill up quickly. DD started going 2 mornings a week when she was almost 3 and she loved it. 

Not to hijack - but do you know of any MMO programs?  I have been looking and haven't found much.  I realize too that I probably should have started my search in January :( 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"