Washington Babies

Itchy / Restless Legs?

I remember someone on here had RLS.  I don't think I  that issue, but my legs have been itching like crazy at bedtime now.  Like, can't go to sleep until I put Benadryl anti-itch on them.  Anyone else?  I know that can be a symptom of RLS

No major soap, detergent or other changes.  My skin is dry but I don't have a rash; my calves just itch like crazy. 

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Itchy / Restless Legs?

• I have RLS.  My legs itch, too, but I had no idea that was a symptom of RLS.  I always figured it was due to dry skin because I shave every day.
  • I have RLS. I've never had a problem with itchy legs though, that I can remember. I hope for your sake it's just dry skin!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I have RLS and my legs itch too!  I have found a couple of creams that help.  the Eucerin calming itch relief, and sometimes I put icy hot cream on my legs because the cooling seems to help.  When I was pg the only thing that would help was ice packs on my legs!!!
    imageimage Brothers! image
  • I have itchy legs off and too, and get RLS when I am pregnant. Adding extra iron can help with RLS, it does for me. Worth a try! I hope you find something that works, it is so annoying.
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • Don't mean to hijack, but what do you ladies do to help with your RLS?  My husband has this and is really reluctant to take meds for it, he's not a big med person.  What do you do for relief?
    -Deborah

• imagecwhip77:
    Don't mean to hijack, but what do you ladies do to help with your RLS?  My husband has this and is really reluctant to take meds for it, he's not a big med person.  What do you do for relief?

I take a bath every night before bed. My RLS is worst at bedtime; I find that a bath improves circulation which helps. If it is so bad that I can't sleep, I get up and do some stretches - Downward dog and other forward bends. That can help for me, too.  

• imagepearly1:

imagecwhip77:
    Don't mean to hijack, but what do you ladies do to help with your RLS?  My husband has this and is really reluctant to take meds for it, he's not a big med person.  What do you do for relief?

I take a bath every night before bed. My RLS is worst at bedtime; I find that a bath improves circulation which helps. If it is so bad that I can't sleep, I get up and do some stretches - Downward dog and other forward bends. That can help for me, too.  

Have him try taking iron too, it helps me!

Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • Alright, I am going to up my iron [because I bet it is low], put better lotion on [as I shave daily too] and see if that helps.  I found a random thing in google that said folic acid can help, and I stopped taking my prenatal about a month ago.  Embarrassed  Don't judge, I ran out of my favorite gummy prenatal and haven't made it to the one store that sells it round here.  I will add that to my list of errands tomorrow..
    J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekeri1013:
    imagepearly1:

imagecwhip77:

Have him try taking iron too, it helps me!

Have him check with his dr before taking extra iron, I know that extra Iron in men can actually cause some health problems, including increasing their chances for heart attacks!

imageimage Brothers! image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"