Trouble TTC
Options

Pointless IUI?

I've been over-reading on the internet and am wondering if it was pointless to do the IUI when I did???? Here is the thing, I never get a positive surge on ovulation predictor tests (I do ovulate though) so when I didn't have a positive surge on the 14th day of my cycle my RE had me come in to do an ultrasound. They said it looked like I just ovulated so they wanted to do the IUI, so we did. But...maybe it was too late? Sigh. Maybe I am just bummed and trying to make myself feel better about it not being positive?Sorry on typing everything out..I am still learning the abbreviations for everything.Have a good night!! 

Re: Pointless IUI?

• Options
    Until AF arrives there's still hope! GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I wouldn't think your RE would continue with an IUI if they thought/knew it was too late.  From my understanding they can tell pretty accuratley with a US if you've ovulated/are about to.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Try not to over think it.  I try and stay away from looking things up on the internet because they just scare me and make me question my RE.  It is hard not to question your RE at times but just trust that they know what they are doing.  Believe me, I have questioned my RE a few times and found out that I should not do that any more because he has been right every time.

I hope your IUI was perfect timing for you and you get your BFP soon!

• Options

Yes, it's possible that it was too late, but there's also a chance that the egg was still viable for fertilization. I hope that it was the second option!

Would you consider triggering next time so you can have exact timing? I would at least ask about it. 

GL!

"I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted what I asked of him." ~1 Samuel 1:27
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "Whatever it takes, we walk together." ~Pittsburgh Penguins
    My IF-turned-baby blog
  • Options
    imagesbrowns08:

Yes, it's possible that it was too late, but there's also a chance that the egg was still viable for fertilization. I hope that it was the second option!

Would you consider triggering next time so you can have exact timing? I would at least ask about it. 

GL!

This. I wouldn't want to do an IUI unless I used a trigger. But hopefully this will be it for you. Good luck!

Baby Girl! photo photo-3.jpgphoto 03_Portraits_0537.jpg
    BabyFetus Ticker 

• Options
    You never know - especially if you have a good sperm count.  IUIs have been shown to be successful just before and after ovulation.   GL!
     TTC #1 since 6/09
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    3 IUIs, 4 IVFs = BFFN
      3rd RE: IVF #5/FET = BFP
    14dp5dt=1170 16dp5dt=2573

1st u/s=
    TWINS!
    It's a Boy and a Girl!

Born at 34w3d! 

• Options
    ccamccam member

imageKdgTeacher:
    I wouldn't think your RE would continue with an IUI if they thought/knew it was too late.  From my understanding they can tell pretty accuratley with a US if you've ovulated/are about to.

I agree.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options
    SLPMelSLPMel member

imagek8ebuck:

I've been over-reading on the internet and am wondering if it was pointless to do the IUI when I did???? Here is the thing, I never get a positive surge on ovulation predictor tests (I do ovulate though) so when I didn't have a positive surge on the 14th day of my cycle my RE had me come in to do an ultrasound. They said it looked like I just ovulated so they wanted to do the IUI, so we did. But...maybe it was too late? Sigh. Maybe I am just bummed and trying to make myself feel better about it not being positive?

Sorry on typing everything out..I am still learning the abbreviations for everything.

Have a good night!! 

************Ticker warning*************

I triggered with my IUI's, and when I went in 24 hours after trigger and I had already ovulated.  We did the IUI and I got pregnant with triplets.  Big Smile  So there is definitely hope!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

On my first round of injects, I had an u/s right after the IUI. They said that they wanted to make sure that there was fluid near the ovary, which indicates it has started to rupture, which will soon lead to ovulation. Maybe that is what they were looking for during your u/s and meant to say that you had started the ovulation process. Keep your fingers crossed... you never know until the end of the cycle.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"