Georgia Babies

Re: Liam & Leo

So apparently, my MIL hates "Liam" because its Irish and she has this thing about Irish being poor and working class and doesn't want her grandson to be associated with those characteristics.  Which I find insulting because my grandmothers whole family came from a poor working class town in Ireland.   So she calls him Leo because his middle name is Leopold.  I guess I should thank my lucky stars she doesn't call him "Poldi" which is what Nico's grandfather was called.  

Nico has said repeatedly, "if you don't like Liam, call him William". But everything falls on deaf ears with them.

Anyhow, her name is Christa, which I think reminds me of a stripper living in a trailer park, so I think I'll start calling her Kristen.  Or Marie.  

Re: Re: Liam & Leo

• That is really the most bizarre thing ever.  I mean, I had to veto some names for Mia because I knew my mom wouldn't be able to pronounce them (thus irritating me), but to just refuse?  So strange!

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• frlcbfrlcb member
    imageMLvK:

So apparently, my MIL hates "Liam" because its Irish and she has this thing about Irish being poor and working class and doesn't want her grandson to be associated with those characteristics.  Which I find insulting because my grandmothers whole family came from a poor working class town in Ireland.   So she calls him Leo because his middle name is Leopold.  I guess I should thank my lucky stars she doesn't call him "Poldi" which is what Nico's grandfather was called.  

Nico has said repeatedly, "if you don't like Liam, call him William". But everything falls on deaf ears with them.

Anyhow, her name is Christa, which I think reminds me of a stripper living in a trailer park, so I think I'll start calling her Kristen.  Or Marie.  

Please call her Crystal. Make it worse.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagefrlcb:

Yes!!!

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• maykatmaykat member

Michelle--you are a saint for dealing with this woman.  I don't think I could contain myself.

As a side note, Lola was one of our girl names, but both my mom and MIL vetoed it. According to my mom, "Lola isn't the girl that helps out at the church fundraiser, she's up dancing on stage"

• imagefrlcb:
    imageMLvK:

I knew someone who spelled it Kristal..doesn't get much better than that. I think this is a must! Although they like "k"s in German so the insult won't totally be felt. *sigh*

Our Photo Site
    James - July 4, 2010
    Sam - June 21, 2012
  • imageMLvK:

Bwahahaha. I luv you Michelle! 

• hahaha! 
  • imagefrlcb:
    imageMLvK:

um, hello, Andrea.  What happened to your screen name?  Does the bump want to start calling you frlcb?  

• imageMLvK:
    imagefrlcb:
    imageMLvK:

um, hello, Andrea.  What happened to your screen name?  Does the bump want to start calling you frlcb?  

Ha, no it is an attempt to have a new screen name that doesn't have my first name in it and that isn't gold. Cause that is kind of embarrassing that I spend that much time on here!  

Edit: damnit, see, it isn't even logged in correctly on all my computers! 

• Geez, what is it with Irish names? People keep on commenting that Ryan is an Irish name. No one has ever comment on the origin of Lauren's name, or mine. Or DH's. It's just weird.

Maybe you can start calling her by a traditional Irish name. Perhaps, Sinead.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • This made me LOL!!!!!! She really takes the cake!!! I love the name Liam, Michelle....you totally must call her Kristen from now on!
  • Wow, your MIL is nuts!  I would totally call her by a different name.  I would call her something more meaningful.  I like Karma. Then you could always mutter under your breath about Karma being a biitch.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"