Attachment Parenting

DCP wants to babywear

I thought about posting this on TBW, but I don't really know them over there...

My options for DC are seriously limited (2), so I think I've made my choice.  The lady has 4 kids that are 4-6 yo, a 3 yo, and her daughter is there with her newborn.  DCP (who I really like) said that she has a "front-pack-thing" that she would wear LO in while the older kids did play time outside.  I wear LO all the time, and he loves it, and it would certainly be the safest place for him outside.  But, I'm thinking that a "front-pack-thing" is a bjorn or other crotch dangler, since they seem to be so much cheaper than better SSCs.  Do you think I should ask to see it?  Not worry about it, some time in a crotch dangler won't hurt him?  Take our Ergo *cringe*?

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16

Re: DCP wants to babywear

• I would ask what kind she's using, but then that would probably be the end of it.

If she's using something like a bjorn I'd actually offer her to try out your Ergo and see if she might get her own for the baby. 

I'd do it in a friendly way... "I tried those and it was so uncomfortable. Then I tried an Ergo and it's much more comfortable, yadda, yadda, yadda"

Since she has her own newborn she might be open to the idea of getting an Ergo, or something comparable.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You don't necessarily have to ask to see it, but maybe mention how much you like yours and ask how DCP's fits. Or ask how they can be worn (front only, or facing the body). 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm unclear about which child she'll be wearing.  Will it be your 4-month old?  If so, I'd absolutely ask what she's planning to use.  I'd even go as far as having her demo her usage to me and generally make sure that she's aware of proper carrying.
  • Yes, my 4 month old.  This is what I want to do, but I'm unsure of how to start that conversation.  Any tips? 

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • imagewatermelon mom:
    Yes, my 4 month old.  This is what I want to do, but I'm unsure of how to start that conversation.  Any tips? 

Is there a local baby wearing group in your area?  Ask your DCP to come with you to a meeting one day.  That way she gets exposed to all kinds of carriers & gets good information.  The ladies over at TBW are wonderful & extremely nice/helpful.  Post over there about any meetings or even getting together with one of them one-on-one.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"