Washington Babies

Clicky POLL about our Facebook page

A little poll now that the FB page has gotten so popular.[Poll]
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Clicky POLL about our Facebook page

• I didn't know there was a FB page Embarrassed
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I prefer FB but in the back of my paranoid mind is that FB scares me for fear my future political career will be halted due to what I've said on line Embarrassed
    BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • Loading the player...
  • I prefer the board for a few different reasons - Privacy is one (though I think many poeple think FB is more secure) but more importantly is that my work blocks FB and not TB...
  • imageWatchPot:
    I prefer FB but in the back of my paranoid mind is that FB scares me for fear my future political career will be halted due to what I've said on line Embarrassed

HA! This made me laugh! I'd still vote for you!

Fortunately, the group is closed and therefore only members can see posts; they don't show up in news feeds or as comments on your wall for others to see. Therefore, I vastly prefer the FB page because I don't like saying too much on here (in terms of personal information) or showing photos.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagestacylu:
    I prefer the board for a few different reasons - Privacy is one (though I think many poeple think FB is more secure) but more importantly is that my work blocks FB and not TB...

Why do you think that TB is more secure?  I'm confused. 

• I like the FB page, but like other have mentioned (on the FB page) it moves a lot faster and I have a hard time keeping up. The other thing I'm not used to yet is figuring out who is who. I know a lot of bumpies real names, but not all.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic EDD: September 22, 2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemommymeg83:
    I didn't know there was a FB page Embarrassed

It's not widely advertised as the point is to keep it a little more private. It's meant to be a place where regular posters can post things without worrying about lurkers or anyone and everyone on the internets reading it. If you want to join search for it on FB and let the administrators (Jaxy, and MrsAmyB) know your bumpie name so they know who you are.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic EDD: September 22, 2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageSeattle_JiLLn:

imagestacylu:
    I prefer the board for a few different reasons - Privacy is one (though I think many poeple think FB is more secure) but more importantly is that my work blocks FB and not TB...

I think people are more careful about what they post on TB vs FB. There are still a lot of people on the FB page that I personally don't really "know" but your guard gets let down because it's a "private" group.  Just my $0.02

• I prefer FB since the info shared is not google-able
  • The FB page moves so fast, and because it's ordered by most recent reply I miss a lot of posts.  But I *love* the like button, and the fact that it's a closed group.  Overall, FB wins.

• imagestacylu:
    imageSeattle_JiLLn:

imagestacylu:

I think people are more careful about what they post on TB vs FB. There are still a lot of people on the FB page that I personally don't really "know" but your guard gets let down because it's a "private" group.  Just my $0.02

Hey Stace - something to keep in mind....

We can all be members of the group and see each other's posts on there - but if you have your security set so that the only people that see your information, wall posts, notes, pictures, ect. are friends, then anything you post there, outside of the group, will not be visible to members of the group unless you are also their friend.

Does that make sense?

Said another way in case it doesn't - there are girls that are members of the FB Bumpies group that I have not "friended".  They cannot see my pictures,my personal info, my wall posts - any of that.  They can only see the things I post within that group page.

Don't know if that would change your 2 cents or was maybe something you already knew.  It sure made me feel better using the group with people I don't know.  :)

• I far prefer the FB page! I'm always on my iPhone and it's a PITA to post on the board from it! I do agree that the FB page is a little harder to navigate through the posts though.
    Rachael and Tim - est. 10.2.04 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I like the FB page better b/c I am usually on my iphone and I am rarely on TB anymore.
  • I am clearly not on here super often, but I'm trying to get myself better acquainted with this board so I can make some mom friends locally (cannot believe this baby is so close to being born) but I'd like to be part of the FB group if y'all will have me.

If I need to prove my worth first, I totally understand.

• imageStellaZ:
    I prefer FB since the info shared is not google-able

Yes! Exactly.

Newlyweds since 2007
  • imageohashlet:

I am clearly not on here super often, but I'm trying to get myself better acquainted with this board so I can make some mom friends locally (cannot believe this baby is so close to being born) but I'd like to be part of the FB group if y'all will have me.

If I need to prove my worth first, I totally understand.

Of course the FB group would have you. The only thing you have to do to prove your worth is win the dance off. IMO, anyone who can rock it while 40+ weeks pregnant should win.

Newlyweds since 2007
  • Anything to get this baby out! Hahahaha
  • A couple things that bug me about the facebook site:

No subjects, I like to quickly scan the board to read the threads I'm interested in, harder to do this on FB. 

A lot of questions could be asked on the bump without privacy fears, even these have shifted over to FB.  I fear the Seattle board will become a ghost town.  New people aren't going to get the collective wisdom of this awesome group. It feels a lot like when everyone shifted from the nest and started asking all questions on the bump,  the nest is a whole new crowd and the Seattle bump probably will do the same.

FB seems harder for me on my phone. (probably the lack of subject/scanning ability)

I also miss the pictures and knowing how old everyone's kiddos are.  I'm too lazy to cross reference the name list all the time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• imagestacylu:
    imageSeattle_JiLLn:

imagestacylu:

ah I see...  

• I definitely wish there were subjects and somewhere to have baby tickers so we knew how old the kids were.  :)

I was also thinking that if one of the ways to have people in the FB group is for them to be regular TB posters, if we stop posting on TB then no one will be a regular poster and be able to join. 

• i like fb during the week because i am hardly ever on my computer and posting/reading post on my phone from the bump is hard. i miss seeing everyones siggys during the week.
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageIdahoGirl:
    imagestacylu:
    imageSeattle_JiLLn:

imagestacylu:

Hey Stace - something to keep in mind....

We can all be members of the group and see each other's posts on there - but if you have your security set so that the only people that see your information, wall posts, notes, pictures, ect. are friends, then anything you post there, outside of the group, will not be visible to members of the group unless you are also their friend.

Does that make sense?

Said another way in case it doesn't - there are girls that are members of the FB Bumpies group that I have not "friended".  They cannot see my pictures,my personal info, my wall posts - any of that.  They can only see the things I post within that group page.

Don't know if that would change your 2 cents or was maybe something you already knew.  It sure made me feel better using the group with people I don't know.  :)

Yep, I knew that. There's still a document for all members to see with our full names mapped to our bumpie names. I still prefer to be anonymous here on TB. It's not a huge deal though, just my opinion. I am rarely on here anymore  (darn work)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"