Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

2 week follow up visit question...

I have my 2 week f/u visit with my doctor after my D&C on Tuesday. I am anxious and scared all at the same time. Can anyone tell me about their experience? What do they do? B/W, U/S, pelvic? I just want to know what to expect.

Re: 2 week follow up visit question...

• Options

Have they done blood work following your betas down to 0 or less than 5?  That would be the only blood work.

The follow up is literally nothing major.  They do a quick pelvic from what I remember and then just talk to you about the plan going forward and answering any questions you might have.

• Options
    They took blood work in the ER but never told me any of the results. I'm sure i might get those at this visit. My doctor knows i will be TTC when he gives me the ok to do so. I am going to write my questions down so i get them all answered. Thank you for responding.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageamyrdz522:
    They took blood work in the ER but never told me any of the results. I'm sure i might get those at this visit. My doctor knows i will be TTC when he gives me the ok to do so. I am going to write my questions down so i get them all answered. Thank you for responding.

No problem.  I am guessing they will probably continue to do blood draws weekly until they get down to whatever level your doctor thinks is "negative" (some docs do 0, some do less than 5, some do less than 2).

Both of my follow ups were really easy appointments, relative to all the rest we have been through.

If you need help coming up with questions, feel free to page me on TTC-AL.

((HUGS)) 

• Options
    imagehopefulmom81:

imageamyrdz522:

No problem.  I am guessing they will probably continue to do blood draws weekly until they get down to whatever level your doctor thinks is "negative" (some docs do 0, some do less than 5, some do less than 2).

Both of my follow ups were really easy appointments, relative to all the rest we have been through.

If you need help coming up with questions, feel free to page me on TTC-AL.

((HUGS)) 

Thank you so much for your help

• Options
    I had my follow up on Monday. I didn't have a blood draw but she did an internal. My dr told me I was completely healed physically and that I can ttc after one cycle. She also gave me the results of the testing they did on the tissue and I found out it was a boy with no chromosome issues.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Mine was almost all discussion. There was a quick pelvic exam, but otherwise they had questions for me and I had questions for them. We talked about trying again, seeking emotional support. It was hard to go back to that place, but once it was over I had a sense of relief.

I hope it goes well for you. I am so sorry for your loss. 

TTC #1 since January 2011
    BFP#1 April 12, 2011, EDD December 24, 2011, strong heart beat at 7w3d, d&c at 10w6d
    BFP#2 Oct 24, 2011, natural miscarriage, EDD unknown
    After RPL testing my losses and subsequent infertility are considered unexplained.
    Cycle #22: Femara, TI, and progesterone = BFP!! 
    BFP#3 Dec 21, 2012. Beta #1 @14dpo = 134, progesterone 67.8. Beta #2 @ 17dpo = 664! Team green, EDD 9/1/13, healthy baby boy born 9/12/13!
    imageimage  My chart.

Congratulations to the fabulous KGS2003! Her sweet boys are here! Grow boys grow!!!
  • Options
    At my 2 wk follow up, I had a pelvic exam done. I also went with a list of questions for my doctor. It was a fairly short visit and we still do not have the answers we need for the next pregnancy (genetics related in our case) but I felt better knowing that so far everything with the D&E seems to have healed. That was atleast one reassuring thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"