Preemies

Saturday FTW

Well it would appear that Saturday will be "take home baby" day!!! Holy crap!! I'm excited and terrified LOL We room in Friday night and then take her home after her eye appointment. Of course, if the eyes guy says no wait then we wait but as of this afternoon it's Thundercats GOOOOOOOO!! Can you believe it?!? This is so bizarre! She will be home on O2 for feedings and an apnea monitor. A little worried about how my pets will react but oh well! And I am going back and forth on whether she should sleep in our room or go into her nursery, since we have the baby monitor and the apnea monitor. What did y'all do? 
__________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  

Re: Saturday FTW

• OOoooohhh this is exciting! I won't say more about that because I don't want to jinx a thing (but, yay!).

We only have a one bedroom apt so DS is with us - he's been on the monitor for two months now.

• kck329kck329 member
    imageurbanflowerpot:

OOoooohhh this is exciting! I won't say more about that because I don't want to jinx a thing (but, yay!).

All of the above! So exciting!

We still have DD in our room with us. She's a noisy sleeper but it seems easier and keeps me from worrying quite as much since I can check on her anytime I worry. We did not come home with a monitor though.

• Loading the player...
  • kck329kck329 member
    imageurbanflowerpot:

OOoooohhh this is exciting! I won't say more about that because I don't want to jinx a thing (but, yay!).

All of the above! So exciting!

We still have DD in our room with us. She's a noisy sleeper but it seems easier and keeps me from worrying quite as much since I can check on her anytime I worry. We did not come home with a monitor though.

• YEAH! how exciting...I kept T in our room just until I wasn't so worried about it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Birth 2lbs 10oz 15in long (4/28 ) 2months 2weeks 6lbs 4oz (discharge day ! ) 3 months 8lbs 6oz (due date 7/25 ) **1 years old 19lbs** **2 years old 25lbs 33 inches tall** Daisypath Vacation tickers image
  • Oh! And do any of you have the little sign on your carseat/ stroller asking for the baby to please not be touched?  I asked on the 0-3mnth board but I'm trying to cover all bases. I'd like to get one for Emily's things. TIA! 
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

• kck329kck329 member

imageDeblondie1:
    Oh! And do any of you have the little sign on your carseat/ stroller asking for the baby to please not be touched?  I asked on the 0-3mnth board but I'm trying to cover all bases. I'd like to get one for Emily's things. TIA! 

Our NICU gave us a sign when we were discharged so you may want to check before buying one. If you need to buy one, I got an extra at mytinyhands.com (I didn't know we would get one at discharge when I ordered it). I think you can also find them on etsy.

• YAY YAY YAY YAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is so so so exciting!

We're keeping the babies in our room until they come off the monitors. I feel more comfortable being able to get to them quickly if an alarm goes off. Do what is comfortable for you though! You're her mama, trust your gut!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I hope Saturday ends up being the day for you! I know how hard those last few weeks/days are. We put LO in our room for the first night we were home. He was so noisy that none of us slept at all. We moved him to his own room after that. He came home with an apnea monitor and his room was right across the hall from ours so I felt ok with it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This is the first I've heard of those signs, so no! I don't have one! but I am a walker. We don't have a car (he went in his first car ride EVER last Saturday!) - soOooo he only goes out wrapped against one of our bodies.

...and I bite. Super Angry

JK - nobody has ever tried to touch him.

I will now go investigate the link KCK left - curious!

• DS came home on O2 for feeds and a monitor. He slept in our room for two months, until DD came home from the NICU, since then we have attempted to have them both sleep in their room, occasionally DS ends up back in our room just because he is too fussy.

Congrats, and crossing my fingers that this is it for you!

TTC #1 since 4/2007... MFI (low motility/low Testosterone) & PCOS IVF #1 August 2010...BFP 1st sono shows TWINS!!!! Due May 23rd 2011 Ruptured @ 21 weeks (Jan 13) Delivered 26 weekers (Blake and Addison) on Valentine's Day... Keeping faith and praying, God has a plan and we just have to learn to follow. Our Blog ... ourvalentinesdaysurprise.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Thanks everyone!! I'll let you know it goes!!

• Ahhhhhh, GL!!!  DD slept in our room for awhile.  It was partly because we knew we might move (and we did, when she was 3.5m), but I wouldn't have wanted her far away anyway.  Do whatever feels right to you!
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"