D.C. Area Babies

any daycares in VA allow you to use cloth diapers?

those I have visited have said that it is against state regulations. Just wondering if you all have the same experience.
Anniversary
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: any daycares in VA allow you to use cloth diapers?

• I know a few in-home daycares will do it, but I don't know about centers. 
  • I believe Goddard School allows it. HikerBride, isn't that right?

• Loading the player...
  • Both Goddard in Belmont Greene and the Ashburn Country Day School said it was fine.  It is not against any licensing regulations.  The only rule is that they need to be put in a waterproof bag (which I provide) and poopy ones are individually wrapped in plastic by our DCP, an in-home.

ETA:  Every in-home we interviewed said yes to CDs.  We brought a Bum Genius AIO to show them that they wouldn't be doing anything different during a change other than putting it in a bag, no folding and such which is what they might assume unless they've seen modern ones.

imageimage

TTC #1 Cycle 14 - IUI#1=BFN, IUI#2=BFP | TTC #2 Cycle 8=BFP!! imageimage

• imageHikerBride07:

Both Goddard in Belmont Greene and the Ashburn Country Day School said it was fine.  It is not against any licensing regulations.  The only rule is that they need to be put in a waterproof bag (which I provide) and poopy ones are individually wrapped in plastic by our DCP, an in-home.

ETA:  Every in-home we interviewed said yes to CDs.  We brought a Bum Genius AIO to show them that they wouldn't be doing anything different during a change other than putting it in a bag, no folding and such which is what they might assume unless they've seen modern ones.

Dear CWash,

I agree with all this. I was the first at my daycare in Va to ask about modern CDs. At first I provided them with FuzziBunz and added various velcros to my stash. I tried to give them velcros as much as I could, out of consideration of ease. My center-based DCP required a foot-pedal can to put them (lined with one of my bags), and they even provided that. But definitely bring them with you and explain that you will do all the folding, washing, etc., and let them see that they go on just as easily as disposables.

Cloth, not sloth,

kewliegirl

imageimageimage
  • thanks, ladies! :) we have our class tomorrow through abby's lane and I am so excited! 
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A friend of ours cloth diapers and her daycare center in Vienna accepts them.  They were reluctant at first.  Something about taking soiled diapers out of the building immediately.  I think she had to provide special bags and essentially they change her DS's diaper the same as other kids removing the entire diaper each time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We looked at Kindercare and they were fine with CDs and our in-home DCP had never used them, but she was fine with it and we've used them the whole time he has been there.

Off to the beach

DS 7/18/2010
    Handy 2.0 Due Early August

2011/2012 Races
    12/17/2011 Christmas Caper 10K
    2/11/2012 Have a Heart 5K
    3/17/2012 DC RNR Half Marathon
    4/22/2012 10M Parkway Classic
    10/28/2012 Marine Corps Marathon
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards