April 2011 Moms

What happened to STTN?

DD has always been a great nighttime sleeper.  For the past month and a half she has been sleeping for 10-12 hours straight. Well, for the past week, she has decided to change all of that.  It started with one wake up around 3:30 or 4.  Then she jumped to two wake ups, 2ish and 4:30ish.  Last night, she went for the record - put her down at 7:30, up at 8:30, 10:30 - DH rocked her back both of those times, then 1:50, 4:00, 5:30 and 6:30 for the day. 

Yikes!  Here is hoping this is not a new trend.  I think for now I'll just pretend it's a 3 month growth spurt a little bit late or the 4 month wakeful a few weeks early. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What happened to STTN?

• I was just going to post something similar!  After three blissful weeks of only waking up once per night, DD is now waking up every two-three hours again.  I'm hoping she's just late to have her 12-week growth spurt (which I hadn't noticed at 12 weeks.)  The only good thing is she puts herself back to sleep pretty well -- so I'm only up with her 15 minutes at a time after I feed her but it still stinks.
  • I haven't experienced STTN yet.. ~jealous~ Hopefully it won't last long!!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageKmhsswim:

DD has always been a great nighttime sleeper.  For the past month and a half she has been sleeping for 10-12 hours straight. Well, for the past week, she has decided to change all of that.  It started with one wake up around 3:30 or 4.  Then she jumped to two wake ups, 2ish and 4:30ish.  Last night, she went for the record - put her down at 7:30, up at 8:30, 10:30 - DH rocked her back both of those times, then 1:50, 4:00, 5:30 and 6:30 for the day. 

Yikes!  Here is hoping this is not a new trend.  I think for now I'll just pretend it's a 3 month growth spurt a little bit late or the 4 month wakeful a few weeks early. 

I would bet this. My pedi told me it happens more commonly in the middle of the third month and to be prepared.

• imageScout05:
    imageKmhsswim:

I would bet this. My pedi told me it happens more commonly in the middle of the third month and to be prepared.

Makes me laugh, but I really do just like having something to blame it on.  Luckily, she eats and goes right back down.  For some reason though, once I am awake, it is very hard for me to fall back asleep!  Coffee is my friend this morning. 

• imageMsAng02:
    I haven't experienced STTN yet.. ~jealous~ Hopefully it won't last long!!

My sister's little guy is five weeks older and he didn't sleep through the night til about 4 months.  Then she said it was like a light switch and one night he didn't wake up and hasn't since then.  Hoping sleep comes your way soon!

• imageKmhsswim:

imageMsAng02:
    I haven't experienced STTN yet.. ~jealous~ Hopefully it won't last long!!

My sister's little guy is five weeks older and he didn't sleep through the night til about 4 months.  Then she said it was like a light switch and one night he didn't wake up and hasn't since then.  Hoping sleep comes your way soon!

I am hoping this happens for us! Technically she's STTN from 8:30-2:30/3:00 but then is usually up hourly. *Sips coffee* 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you- MEEEEE TOOOO!

• DS went from getting up once in a 12 hour night (for maybe 5 minutes tops) to getting up anywhere from 3-5+ times per night. This started when I went back to work!
  • janjagjanjag member

We had some 7 or 8 hr stretches between feedings for a while, but now we're back to 5-6hrs.  I have nothing to blame it on since he's been doing this for a couple of weeks. 

Hoping that our new bedtime routine that's "supposed" to get him down by 8pm will help.

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"