Pregnant after 35
Options

Symptoms

I know everyone is different could you tell me what some of the different symptoms are of being pregnant?

Re: Symptoms

• Options
    That is such a huge question!  Do you mean early on?  The first things I tend to notice are sore breasts and moodiness.
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    ALF222ALF222 member
    My very first symptom was an unquenchable thirst!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine is always extreme tiredness. The kind that you get 8+ hours and still tired.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • Options
    Early on, I was very tired and had to take naps in the afternoon.  By the 6th week, I had a very sensitive nose and was nauseous.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Zero. I had no symptoms until several weeks along, other than missed period.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    jb2rnjb2rn member
    Cramps - low and different than I had felt before (this was early, 12 DPO). Also brown spotting. Brief waves of nausea didn't come until week 7-8
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Options

A positive pee stick is a good one.  :)  A missed period is another one, but you'll often have some bleeding 10-13 days after conception.  If you temp, consistently raised temperatures are another early sign.

Early on my boobs were sore; they still are if I sleep without a sleep bra.   Then the tiredness hit.  Then the gassiness and bloating.  Then the nausea. 

image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    tbabantbaban member
    Early on it's EXTREME fatigue and very, very sore breasts!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

The first symptom I had - which is a typical one - I didn't recognize as a symptom.

DH and I were at a food festival...the lines were long, so I saved a seat at the picnic table, he brought me my meal of choice (this was not fair food, it was restaurants, bakeries etc) and I immediately knew if it was set in front of me I was going to loose it.  DH was puzzled, I made some lame excuse (not wanting to make him feel bad about the money he just wasted) and that was that.  

My second symptom was sensitivity to smells.  I have always been a little weird that way, but in hindsight, it was really really ramped up.

It wasn't until my adult daughter needed to borrow some femme. protection that I noticed I myself had missed two periods.  It felt deja vu because I swore I had just leant her my extra stash days ago...turned out to be a month prior.  She normally starts three days before myself, so it just never dawned on me that I was that late until I had missed it twice.  I waited another few days before purchasing an OTC pregnancy test. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you all for your help. I know everyone is different. I have experienced the tender breasts, moodiness, crying at anything, craving grape juice. I guess we will play the waiting game on the missed period. Only a few more days.
  • Options
    Some of the early pregnancy tests are accurate up to 4 days before a missed period.  But they get more accurate the closer you get to your period.  You could always get a 3 pack and pee on one a day for the next few days . . .
    image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Did this morning (didn't use a digital one) When I tested the line was very faint and you couldn't even see the lines very well. Went and bought more got the digtal one. So I will keep testing hopefully it will be positive!!! I have been experiencing little cramping low not bad just uncomfortable.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"