LGBT Parenting

Health/Fitness/WL/WW Check In

How is it going this week? Challenges/goals/weigh in?

QOTD: how do you keep yourself from unnecessary snacking?

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Health/Fitness/WL/WW Check In

• Challenges: Too many LATE dinners this week. It makes me uber hungry and by the time we go to eat I pig out an/or order whatever sounds good if we are out to eat regardless of points.

Goals: To add in one day a week of exercise. Inknow it does not sound like much but I am a baby steps type person and finidng time for one day a week is going to be hard enough.

Weigh In: I weighed in at 256.4 which is a loss of 3.4 lbs!

QOTD: I have a stash of blow pops in my desk. The one point is not a big deal to me since it lasts almost 2 hours between sucker and gum so I am not tempted to snack at my desk! It helps with my long morning stretch between snack and lunch time.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • This week has been pretty good. I found the thought of this thread to be very motivating, so thank you to everyone who participates :) I weighed in at 177.6, which is almost a 3-pound loss, but I'm not too excited about it b/c (a) I knew I would lose some when the swelling in my legs went down and (b) I have been bouncing between 177 and 180 for months.

Challenges this week: Nothing unusual.

Goals: To get through the weekend enjoying healthy meals and taking advantage of summer produce.

QOTD: I wrote this really long explanation, but what it comes down to is:
    1) The snack options around my office are high in points, so I mostly avoid them so I can have a larger or more satisfying dinner
    2) I eat a filling breakfast and nurse a coffee all morning
    3) I drink tea or buy a banana from the one place that sells fruit if I'm desperate in the afternoon.

There is a guy in my office who keeps a drawer full of mini chocolate bars for anyone to grab. That drawer is one of the reasons I gave up eating sugar on non-special-occasions. Stick out tongue

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Challenges: I've been so busy this week that I haven't had time to do anything fitness related, just yesterday I had 3 appointments.

Goals: Make more time for me to do something active (besides chasing kids).

Weigh in: 154.4, down 2 lbs

QOTD: I don't.  I'm barely able to feed myself breakfast and lunch each day because I am busy feeding/cleaning up after the kids so I snack throughout the day.  I will get to a point where I can feed everybody (including myself) so I can snack less.

• "Unnecessary snacking?"- is not yet in my vocabulary. Sadly, I am addicted to an afternoon sweet...plus...bubble gum (calorically horrible)!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

•  I weighed this week and I've lost 16 pounds in three weeks! :D

Unecessary snacking: We don't have snacks in our house lol If I do snack it's some pringles. I'm always going though so I never want to snack. On weekends all bets are off though lol even then we hardly have unhealthy things, but I have been eating a lot of s'mores here lately. Oops. :) Three days at the gym for an hour and a half then power walking on campus to my classes and always taking the stairs. No more elevators :(  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I haven't weighed myself.  You'd think I'd be down with nothing tasting good (mono!) but I've been eating a lot of sugary popsicles, sherbet, and juices.  We'll see. I'm more disappointed that this 10-week couch to 5K program I signed up for I may not be able to complete :(  I'm not thinking I should go tonight.

QOTD:  I manage a coffeeshop so I am usually working through lunch.  Then I eat a really late (2 or 3pm) lunch.  So, that is lunch AND snack!  Not the most practical, but it works for me. 

Foster to Adopt Licensure Process. Expect to be licensed in Sept or Oct. Looking for infant and older sibling.
  • Here are my list of excuses:

1. I was away on the coast for three days... eating out every meal :(

2. Our detached garage caught on fire (it backs up to an alley) yesterday morning. So on top of a charred and smoke filled garage- we also have no power or water (I am actually GRATEFUL!!! We could have lost everything!) 

3. As a result, I am staying with my parents while M is at camp with her kids.

4. I had IUI #4 today all by myself. It went really well... BUT

I am now lesson planning with a bowl of reduced-fat cheese its. Meh!

I can't weigh myself on an accurate scale because that is at home, too. So....

I am not weighing this week, I will weigh in next Thursday. Good luck everyone! I hope to have - #'s next week :)

• I love that this thread has caught on!

Update: I haven't weighed myself since last week, but I was weighed at a recent doctors appointment and I was about the same as last week. We were rear-ended last week and I haven't worked out much because I needed to get my shoulder examined and get into get massage therapy before I injure it more.

Goal: Get my shoulder feeling well and get back to exercising regularly.

QOTD: I snack on healthy foods, mainly nuts and fruit in between smaller meals.

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Am I the only one who never weighs myself? Ever. I have to get on the scale 1x a year for my employee physical and that is more than enough for me. :(  But then I have major body issues. Kuddos for you all for your hard work.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I weigh myself once a week, if that. If I do it to much I become obsessed and hello eating disorder again. So I only do it when I feel like it and even then I cringe 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I lost .8 this week which was a little disappointing.  I was hoping to lose more pre-vacation but it is what it is.  I suspect that I need to focus on my sodium intake to see more of a drop. 

On the bright side, I got back my health screen results and despite being significantly overweight, I am healthy.  All measures were in or below the target range.  They did suggest I work on raising my HDL levels - anyone have success doing that?

Challenge: too much salty foods.  its also going to be a challenge to enjoy vacation without overdoing the food.

QOTD:  Water and sugar free gum.  I could mindlessly snack all day long if i let myself, so water and sugar free gum are lifesavers!

• image2brides:
    Am I the only one who never weighs myself? Ever. I have to get on the scale 1x a year for my employee physical and that is more than enough for me. :(  But then I have major body issues. Kuddos for you all for your hard work.

When I don't weigh myself I gain weight.  Who knows if this is because I only weigh myself when I'm on track or if the weight on the scale motivates me.  :)  

P.S. I'm so glad I don't have an employee physical, what is that about?? 

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Re: employee physical - i don't know if it is one of those things about working in a hospital - but every hospital I have worked in, we had to do it. It is a very rudimentary physical - weight/BP/basic check and then our annual PPD. And every year they tell me I need to lose weight. Really? I had no idea. Angry
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I didn't weigh myself for about 10 years, starting my junior year of high school. But now I weigh myself 2-4 times a week - always on Wednesday (when I weigh in), and otherwise just randomly when I feel like it. It keeps me on track, and I know how much daily fluctuation is normal for me, so an uptick doesn't bother me unless it hangs around. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"