Orange County Babies

Which Beach?

When you take your LO's to the beach, where do you go? I have a 1yo and DH and I want to go to the beach this weekend but every beach we've gone to so far has not been good for wading! Not enough sand, rocks under the waves, crashing waves and undertow! Last summer I got sucked under and am petrified of going into anything remotely like that again. But I don't want to pass that fear onto LO. Any suggestions?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Which Beach?

• We normally go to Aliso Beach.  Table Rock has tide pools but there are a LOT of stairs.  Dana Point down by the Ocean Institute there are tide pools as well.  Last time I was there it was really windy.

There is also Divers Cove in Laguna, I believe it is off of Cliff Street.  There are stairs here as well but there is also a ramp depending where you go down.  If you go down by the stairs the water is calmer.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I second the tide pools in Dana Point as well. There is alot there and there's always kids running around finding little creatures out there. Also, there is a little area down the street from the tide pools and the Ocean Institute that is a beachy area with sand and a space roped off for swimming and kids to play in...its sheltered in the bay. Maybe check it out. It is literally right next to the OC Sail and Events Center (you use the same parking lot). www.ocsail.com. I only know about it because we looked at the place as a wedding venue. It just kind of looks like a little club house with a huge parking lot. Also, we usually go to Doheny State Beach in Dana Point once a year for mothers day. I don't know if we just went on good days or it was the time of year, but the waves always seem to be pretty small...and they have lots of little picnic areas where you can have lunch.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"