April 2011 Moms
Options

Is there ever NOT a burp in there???

Sometimes LO (mostly at night) doesn't burp for anything less than 3 ounces. And there I sit... pat, pat, pat- over the shoulder, pat, pat, pat- sitting position, pat, pat, pat- walking/over the shoulder/slight bounce, pat, pat, pat- football hold... you get the picture... I'm not a clock watcher but seriously 45 mins...no burp... I give the Burp Gods the stink-eye because LO has reflux and I Hate laying her down without burping.. even tho her crib is rightnext to my bed. I mean: I know it's IN there. Does it need an engraved invitation to come out? LOL

Re: Is there ever NOT a burp in there???

• Options
    No, sometimes they don't need to burp, especially if it's a quiet night feeding. When LO is sleepy he nurses much more calmly and doesn't suck in extra air like he does when he's awake, starving, and chowing down like it's the last bottle on earth. No way would I spend 45 minutes trying to get a burp out!! 
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Options
    LO has reflux too so I know what you mean about burping.  However I never burp LO at night and he is fine.  He is calmer at night and does not take in as much air.  The only time I burp at night is if he cries a lot before he nurses.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO doesn't burp quite frequently.  But he doesn't have any difficulties with reflux yet. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"