Preemies
Options

maya wrap or bebe au lait

hi ladies

anybody get a maya wrap for their preemie?  you have to be 8 pounds and i have a feeling i'll be back to work before he is 8 lbs.  also it would be nice as a carrier and a nursing cover...thoughts?

anybody get a bebe au lait nursing cover?  i'm doing a lot of pumping and my other son is quite curious.  just wondering if it's worth the money or if i should just use  a blanket or towel.

thanks in advance!

Re: maya wrap or bebe au lait

• Options

How old is your other son?  Unless he is a pre-teen to teen, I don't see the issue with him watching you pump. 

As for the wrap. Do you mean the Moby?  If so, I love my moby.  He is less than 8lbs.  I still use it with him.  You just have to really watch their chin to be sure it isn't too tucked and cutting off their airway.

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    imagekatie4253:

How old is your other son?  Unless he is a pre-teen to teen, I don't see the issue with him watching you pump. 

As for the wrap. Do you mean the Moby?  If so, I love my moby.  He is less than 8lbs.  I still use it with him.  You just have to really watch their chin to be sure it isn't too tucked and cutting off their airway.

Ditto all of this, when DD was super small, I used to fold the wrap in half length-wise before putting it on and that helped a lot.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I use these two things all the time:

My BabyHawk (https://www.babyhawk.com) - it's a mei tai carrier/wrap & good for out/inside/wherever. You also get to design your own w/ option to get two prints & be reversable. One for you, one for DH! Haha, I just love it, really.

Bebe au lait YES! I have an Udder Cover that I found at the thrift shop for $2 - I was going to order it but they were back ordered through July/August and this was a few months ago. I bit the $-bullet for the peacock au lait & I hate to admit it but it is really nice. I love it. I want something that stays up & receiving blankets don't - the Udder Cover is a nice one to stash in the baby bag for just-in-case-I-forget, but...yeah.

• Options

Oops - meant to say that BabyHawk is approved for preemies & a NICU in Florida uses them for their growers & feeders. I used mine starting at 5 lbs.

I don't think Maya wrap is approved for preemies - you meant the Maya (not the Moby), right? The sling?

• Options
    kck329kck329 member

I use my nursing cover all the time!

The maya wrap is probably not your best bet for a carrier right away. I have a ring sling and it JUST started being comfortable to wear DD in-she is just over 10 pounds now. Better options--a moby wrap, babyhawk, or mai tai carrier. These all offer better head support and hold the baby in safer positions for a tiny preemie. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"