Baby Showers
Options

Games for those who hate games!

I had my shower the past weekend and I hate shower games ( chocolate bars in diapers, string around belly, etc) but my sister insisted I have 1 or 2 for the older ladies ( my moms friends, aunts etc) who look forward to them.

We did 2 easy, low key activities that didnt require much movement etc.

1. Present Bingo- As each guest came my sister placed a sticker on the gift bag or card with a number on it. When it was time to open gifts each lady got a blank bingo card ( we just printed a blank template with 20 squares since we had about 20 guests..change it for your needs) and was told to put the numbers 1-20 on the card in any order.  Everytime I was passed a present randomly from the pile I would say the number on it and the ladies would highlight or check their bingo cards. We gave prizes for the first 5-7 people who got any straight line. It was fun and super easy and the ladies were able to chat during present opening, but would perk up waiting for the number to be announced.

2. Purse Hunt- Usually played at bridal showers etc, but we made a list of common things for 1 point ( Lipstick, Family photo, kleenex, nail file, etc) and then had bigger 3 point items ( a coupon ( 5 points if its expired) something that starts with the letter F, a receipt for something between $20-40, fruit flavored gum, keychain from a vacation, etc) The women loved it, especially trying to get the bigger 3 point items.

Re: Games for those who hate games!

• Options

We did one at my shower that I really liked at well

Upon arrival each guest is given a necklace (ribbon with a plastic baby charm on it) an the rules are, you can't say the words "Baby" or "Jackson" (the baby's name). If you did, you had to give your necklace to the person you were talking to.  It was really funny watching everyone try to dupe each other into saying the words. 

It was a good ice breaker for people that didn't know each other well. You could easily opt out if you didn't want to play. And it could be done while people mingled.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"