Georgia Babies

so I have become a stroller whore....but talk to me about double strollers

I always said I would only have one stroller...now I have three and I am thinking about doubles. 

To give you the scenario.  Elliot is just over 2 and already 35 lbs and 38 inches tall so weight limits are an issue.  We walk a bunch but he is getting to the point where he doesn't want to ride. Most of the singles that convert to doubles ( city select, britax b ready,  and i can't remember the other names right now) came out just after I had Elliot.

I have a

bugaboo cameleon - planning on getting a wheeled board so e can stand

single baby jogger performance series

maclaren volo - that we use for travel and hauling up and down stairs

so i really don't think the city select or b ready are for us because E is already so big.  I am contemplating a Double Bob so I can walk E to school when I am on maternity leave and have something he can still ride in but 1) we live in a condo with ZERO storage and 2) will it fit in the back of my scion xB?  Also the weight limit is 100lbs.

i was also just contemplating having e ride and wearing the baby...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: so I have become a stroller whore....but talk to me about double strollers

• I have a city select, double bob and a maclaren. Bailey is 39inc and 33lbs and still fits in all of them BUT he likes to ride more then walk. The most comfortable for him is the BOB. I keep the city select in my car since it's the smallest that can hold both and I can use it as a single or double. The double bob mostly stays at home for my walks but we do take it when we go to piedmont or any festival and we'll take it to disney in october.

The 2011 double bobs feel lighter and smaller then my bob. I saw them at REI a few weeks ago and was at first didn't even realise it was a bob. The seats do not look as if they are in a hole like mine and it looks narrower. I would check out the 2011 ones. I love my double bob and its SO EASY to move around places. Even with both boys in it, its easy to handle. I can run with both boys in it and push it with one hand. Plus Bailey can get in/out by himself. If I was walking that much I would get a double bob. They just take the outside so much better then most strollers. I have a RX and I just pop the front wheel off if I need to take hte bob with me. Definitely go check out the 2011s at REI and I bet they will let you try it out in your car to make sure it fits.

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I ended up buying a Phil and Ted Sport Buggy with the doubles kit. I like that it can be a single or double plus it was a good deal on CL. The Bob duallie is awesome but too big for what I wanted and needed. I know a lot of people love the City Mini double because it is super lite and easy to use.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We have a bugaboo cameleon and my suggestion is to take your son to new baby products, have them put the board on a bugaboo and try it out, because my son HATED it. I am so glad we didn't waste $100 on it. We got the city mini double and love it, we really only use it for walks for exercise, and my ds is 3.5 and fits in it just fine. You should also try out their doubles when you there.
  • we have the P&T with the doubles kit and we love it.  I love that it can be a single or a double, I love that it is inline and not huge, I think it has great steering and in general I just love the damn stroller and it has been perfect for my family.  we had an element and it fit in the back of there, and that is actually where we "stored" it when not in use since we have a teeny tiny house, but I get that might not be an option for you in a condo.
  • I wouldn't worry too much about the weight limit of 100 pounds...my boys are almost 3 and 4, and they are both in the 80th-90th percentile for weight and together they weigh about 75 pounds now.  Kids gain a lot slower after age 2, so you'd probably be able to use a double for several years. 

I don't have a double Bob, but if you are going to be walking outside a bunch and you have the room to store it, that sounds like a good option.  We had a Phil & Ted's Sport with doubles kit (like Heather), and I did like it...however, it was getting heavy and hard to push with the boys, and I felt like Ethan was too big for the back seat.  I decided to get rid of it and got a City Mini single when the baby was born, the boys are pretty much done with strollers, and if Jack is walking then Ethan wants to as well.  But when Ethan was a baby, it was a good stroller for us!

Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • City mini double.  LOVE this stroller.  It looks huge but really, it's not.  It fits thru standard doorways and handicap stall doors.  And it really folds pretty flat.  So much so that it fits under my cargo shelf in the CRV (a major reason why I went w/ this stroller).  It steers great, reclines flat, has huge sunshades.  My only complaint is the storage basket underneath- hard to get in/out of.  So I just use a mommy hook.  Also, I bought the sunshine kids parent console for about $10 on Amazon and it's awesome too.  I love the double so much that I am probably going to buy a single for when I'm out with only 1 kid.  Considering the micro as well since Sophie rarely sleeps in the stroller now- don't need the full recline.

• I have a double bob revolution in orange and brown that I was going to sell in October - asking $425. If you are considering one and want to purchase now I would be willing to let it go now. I have loved this stroller but my kids are getting to the point where they no longer need a stroller. Best stroller ever and very easy maneuver!!
  • I tried and took back both the P&T and the City Select.  My son is very tall.  I love my double Bob.  I do have the new 2011 one and a few negatives is the car seat adapter was still not out the last time I checked.  I will say that it is still huge, but I absolutely love it.  Adam will comfortably sit in it and the baby is far enough away that they both can sit with some space.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageslwprincess:
    City mini double.  LOVE this stroller.  It looks huge but really, it's not.  It fits thru standard doorways and handicap stall doors.  And it really folds pretty flat.  So much so that it fits under my cargo shelf in the CRV (a major reason why I went w/ this stroller).  It steers great, reclines flat, has huge sunshades.  My only complaint is the storage basket underneath- hard to get in/out of.  So I just use a mommy hook.  Also, I bought the sunshine kids parent console for about $10 on Amazon and it's awesome too.  I love the double so much that I am probably going to buy a single for when I'm out with only 1 kid.  Considering the micro as well since Sophie rarely sleeps in the stroller now- don't need the full recline.

I also love my Baby Jogger City Mini double!  I have big kids too and they do great in this.  Caroline is super tall - 42.5 inches and she hops in and out of it when she wants to walk.  And Taylor seems to be fine in it.  When Taylor was super little I used to just carry him in the bjorn and put Caroline in the jogging stroller.  But my little chuncky monkey quickly began to break my back when I wore him too long.  So I had to break down and get the double.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lily  pie Second Birthday tickers
  • kegkeg member
    I like the City Mini too and if it's what you decide to go with, albeebaby.com still has some of the 2011 models for $300-310, depending on color.  :-)
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Thanks ladies, really great advice. I really appreciate it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"