High-Risk Pregnancy

Pre-E mamas

Talk to me about symptoms of pre-e, please. I know I'm at an increased risk of developing it due to my GD, and I'm getting a little nervous things might be headed in that direction. My feet have swollen an incredibly amount over the last week or so. I had just chalked it up to the heat and being on my feet a lot preparing for our move this weekend, but I'm really getting nervous about it.

Anything else I should watch for in addition to the swelling? Any suggestions on what I can do to help the swelling? 

Mama to two sweet girls
DD1 Feb 2010
DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Pre-E mamas

• I think all pregnant mamas get the swelling, especially with the summer heat (not sure where you live...) but the other signs include:

Headaches, spots in your vision, high blood pressure, protein in your urine and pain in the upper right or left (mostly right) side of your baby belly.

I am currently being tested for it (admitted to the hospital) so I am quite familiar at this time though my only symptoms are all of the above but the pain.  I havent officially been told I have it, but it can litterally change at any time as I have had high BP since week 16 of my pregnancy.

Good luck!   

BabyFruit Ticker image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I agree with the PP about the swelling.  I was diagnosed with mild pre e about 4 weeks ago and am on MBR.  I also have borderline high bp and the protein in my urine keeps increasing.  It is not too bad yet so my dr was hoping I could make it to 36 weeks and I will be 38 weeks on Sunday so we are going to decide an induction date on Monday at my next appt.

Are you able to check your blood pressure?  As for the headache, my dr told me that they are a symptom when Tylenol doesn't help get rid of it.  I know get headaches that Tylenol will lessen the headache but oce it wears off, the headache comes back.

If you suddenly have any of the symptoms such as a bad headache, blurry vision, or the pain in your right side, please call your dr right away

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks, ladies. I'm guessing it's just normal swelling due to the heat (temps in the 90's!) but it just seemed to be getting worse so I wanted to know what else to watch for. I can't check my blood pressure at home, but I have an appt Saturday morning, so hopefully they'll tell me everything is okay and I'm just stressing over nothing :)
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"