Rhode Island Babies

Need a new OB

I would love some recommendations for doctors in the Providence area.  I am leaving Womens Care after MANY problems and I want a smaller doctors office where you can actually talk to a doctor when you are having problems!!  Any suggestions?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Need a new OB

• That is the exact reason that I left Womans Care.

I switched to a midwife near my house who has a couple of doctors with her. If you're look specifically for an OB, a friend of mine is a week farther along than I am and loves University OB-GYN. I can't remember her doctors name, but apparently the practice is very nice.

I'm going to Mary Mumford-Haley and am very happy with how available she is whenever I have a concern and especially when I'm there for my appointments. She always spends a lot of time with me and answers any question I have no matter how simple or complex. I've only had to call once and they told me to just stop by and talk to Mary in person so she could listen to the heart and check things out in person to reassure me.

I could not be happier with the switch. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I love, love, love The Center for Ob/Gyn! I've been seeing a midwife there for years, even before I got pregnant. Tina is wonderful and the entire staff is all women. I've had to called them several times with different issues, and a nurse always calls me back right away. They are currently accepting new patients and they are located right in the Foundry Complex on Promenade Street in Providence, right near the Providence Place Mall!

Good Luck on your search!

• jec505jec505 member

I know I'm a little late to the conversation (I just wandered over from the RI Nest board).  But, I've been really happy with my OB/Gyn:

Dr. David Carcieri (private practice on Mineral Spring in N. Providence, 401-353-0757). Have gone to him for about 5 years and am on my second pregnancy with his office.  He's great, very friendly, approachable and able to allay mom (and dad) fears during pregnancy.  He's calming and listens to your issues/questions without making you feel rushed or silly for asking.  He also has a midwife who works in his office, but I can't remember her name (haven't met her).  He delivers at Women & Infants.

Hope this helps.

• I LOVE my dr. at OBGYN Associates... Dr. John Bert.  He is amazing... but you have to have a good and slightly warped sense of humor (which DH and I have)... he can be very goofy.  But he is also super professional and will tell u what's going on with you and baby in a way u can totally understand... and if you don't understand, he will clarify.  

I've been to a few Drs. at OBGYN Associates and have to say I love them all (they recommend you see as many of them as you can in case your normal doc cant make deliviery).

Highly recommend Bert and the practice. 

BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"