Hawaii Babies

I quit today

I gave 2 weeks notice at my horrid job today! Even better, I was already taking 3 days off next week so I really only have 1.5 weeks left of actual work. Stick out tongue

And it means there are only a few more weeks until my little family is living together again! WHEEEEEE!

Re: I quit today

• Woohoo! I bet that feels awesome!! The time will fly by, I'm sure.
    cai(o)&cullen+ahk
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yaaaaay! so happy for you!!
  • Loading the player...
  • super yay!!!!!!!!
  • yaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • YAHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Best feeling in the world!!! :)
    | Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
    | Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
    | Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |
  • Yes  Isn't it freeing???  So happy for you!
  • YAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!
  • inamrainamra member
    Whoohoo!!!!
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Hooray, that's awesome! Congrats!
  • yay lisa!!!!!!!!! i saw your post in my post, but i thought i would reply here instead. congrats to b for getting a new job! and yay for you getting out of your job! =) i'm doing a happy dance for you too!!!! =)
    D started out as a LUCKY CHARM but ended up being our LOVEBUG image
    hawaii 10.2008 plan ;P married bio ???
  • I bet you are soooo excited!   How did they react?
  • yay! i know you are so ready to be out of there! and i can't believe you are already going to be moving so soon :)
  • woohoo!!!!!! :) so excited for you guys to be back together again!
    **a girl from Hawaii, living and driving in South India**

• imagemrs.winter:
    I bet you are soooo excited!   How did they react?

They were totally shocked! I was very blunt with my manager and told her that because of the unusual way the library is structured, it's impossible for me to meet my career goals, which largely involve moving into a different section (most libraries rotate people through sections every day, but mine assigns people to a single section - like acquisitions or manning the loans desk - and there you stay...it's pretty appalling that I've been working there 3 years and couldn't catalog a book if my life depended on it!). She wasn't happy to hear this, but also couldn't suggest an alternative - which is what I knew would happen - so there wasn't anything she could really argue with.

I'm saving all my biitching about the negative atmosphere and overt favoritism for the exit interview lol!

• Wahooo!  So exciting!  I bet it feels so good to laze around in your jammies with the boys in the morning!  It's my favorite time of day!

When are you moving?  

We have about 4 weeks to go.  I can't wait!!!!!! 

• imageredshoegirl:

imagemrs.winter:
    I bet you are soooo excited!   How did they react?

They were totally shocked! I was very blunt with my manager and told her that because of the unusual way the library is structured, it's impossible for me to meet my career goals, which largely involve moving into a different section (most libraries rotate people through sections every day, but mine assigns people to a single section - like acquisitions or manning the loans desk - and there you stay...it's pretty appalling that I've been working there 3 years and couldn't catalog a book if my life depended on it!). She wasn't happy to hear this, but also couldn't suggest an alternative - which is what I knew would happen - so there wasn't anything she could really argue with.

I'm saving all my biitching about the negative atmosphere and overt favoritism for the exit interview lol!

Congrats Lisa! I'm so unhappy with my current work situation so I cannot even imagine how good this must have felt!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"