LGBT Parenting
Options

How was your weekend?

What did you do this weekend?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: How was your weekend?

• Options
    L was away writing for the weekend - so it was just the kiddos and me.

Friday we had breakfast for dinner. L called crying saying that she didn't want to finish the dissertation and was done with it all. Thankfully she called her BFF who was able to knock some sense into her (ie. she is not writing the next great American novel - it is just the last check in the box to the PhD. Stop being a perfectionist and write.) I have tried to tell her this for years, but she couldn't hear it from me. Glad she got it from someone else.

Saturday the kids swim lessons were canceled due to thunder (what thunder?) We went to a used book sale and stocked up on superhero books and then against my better parenting judgment, we went to see Mr. Popper's Penguins. It was nap time, but I decided we would power through the day and then I would have them in bed nice and early. But after 2/3 of the movie, they were crawling all over me, whining that they were tired and wanted to leave. So we did. And we all went home and took a nap. Post nap we went to the pool, which was packed and too warm, and home for Wii and dinner. And of course they went to bed late.

Sunday we went to the grocery store early thinking we would avoid the crowds. Yeah, right. And then went to the pool that was nearly empty. Ahhhh. Home for naps and then to Costco and Chipotle. By 6pm the kids were driving me nuts so I plopped them in front of a movie while I did the 1001 things around the house that needed to be done. I finally at my Chipotle at 9pm, which proved to be a bad move. :(
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

Friday - Another potential babysitter came over for an interview.  I think she'll be fine but I didn't love her as much as the first one.

Saturday -  We got up early and went to the store for milk, bananas, and starbucks :-p  Then it was home to Skype with K.  Later in the afternoon we went to a vacuum store to take one of the fancy vacuums I've been convetting home for a test drive. After LO went to bed some friends who now live in DC were back in town so they came over for a quick visit. These friends are the closest thing I have to family on this coast so the visit was nice on many levels.

Sunday - the weather was much nicer so I took DD to a local county fair.  We had so much fun!  She pet all the animals, oh'd and ah'd at everything, and laughed a ton. The only thing missing was K.  After the fair it was nap time, cleaning, and getting ready for our week.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Fabulous!!  We went to Ptown for the weekend for K's birthday and it was the most relaxing, fun vacation we have ever had, trumping even our honeymoon.  We swam, ate, held hands, talked, laughed, relaxed, sat on the beach, celebrated, shopped and I fell even more in love, which I didn't know was possible.  It was absolutely perfect.  My only wish is that we had a little more time so I could have met up with *Norika* and met her beautiful little one's.  
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

is it over already? geez, that went fast.

Friday i had to leave work early to pick up a feverish RB.  I gave her motrin and ice cream (yup, go ahead and hand over that mom of the year award now) and we were off to watch Sprout's swim "graduation".  He did great but it was unbearably hot for anyone not in the water so we bailed to the car after 45 minutes for some a/c.  When i turned the car on, the outside temp was 107. disgusting.  After I took the girls home to bed while Sprout and DW went back to school for a water carnival.

Saturday Daisy and I met up with a friend to walk the mall.  RB was supposed to join us, but ended up sleeping until 10:30 (unheard of!).  Then after packing and dropping off the dog, we went up to Boston to visit family for the weekend.   The kids did great and we had a very nice time seeing the fam.  On the way home on Sunday we had a swim at my parents house, picked up the dog, and I plopped 3 overtired children into their beds while DW went to softball.

• Options

Friday night we met friends from out of town for dinner in our neighborhood. Tried a new Greek tapas place and it was fantastic. They came back to our house afterward and we played Phase 10 and they ate cupcakes.

Saturday Jen went into work, which annoyed me b/c she was off on Friday and chose to nap in the afternoon instead of going in while I was at work. She didn't stay too long though, and we had a nice lunch when she got home and then went to the 'burbs to shop for work clothes. We checked out a Talbots outlet that turned out to be great - normally their stuff runs a little 'senior' looking for me, but they had a huge selection so lots of younger-looking items too. And the prices were very, very discounted - I'm guessing we paid around 30% of the original store prices. I didn't find any pants though. I'm so picky about pants. I hate all of them. Afterward we went to see Harry Potter again, and grabbed dinner at Chipotle before going to a friend's house to catch up on Torchwood.

On Sunday we did P90X at home and then went to Jen's office gym to run since it was too hot to run outside. I did the elliptical for an hour since I'm still not sure what is going on with my knee. Boring, but it felt good to move again after taking last week off. Afterward we met some people for lunch. This restaurant serves maple syrup on "snow," which of course I ordered, as any self-respecting Little House in the Big Woods fan would Geeked It was actually amazing - it was served with something a bit creamy and citrusy, and everything sort of blended together at the end. Everyone at the table loved it.

Sunday evening I did a Target run while Jen took Lucky to the park, and we crashed on the couch with an easy dinner later.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Absolutely Nothing :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We went to Sioux Falls for the weekend for Kel's brother's wedding. It was a great wedding--the couple was so happy. Kel was a bridesmaid and Eli was one of the ring bearers. That was the first road trip for us with the kids (usually it is a 4 hour drive, but with the babies it took more like 5.5) they did pretty well--just 2 nursing/playing breaks each way. Eli got sick Saturday morning, but rallied in time for pictures and the ceremony. Not surprisingly, it was way more work chasing babies at the wedding than it is at home--I am worn out and glad to be home!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Fri: Ky had her one year appointment. She is a 18 lbs 3 oz and 29 3/4" long. Pedi said she is doing great but I am not really happy with her decision to try and let Ky "outgrow her dose" of AR meds and "See how it goes". I can tell you how it is going to go since she has already outgrown the dose. I wake up to her coughing and gagging every morning. I am lucky to get her to eat breakfast until about an hour or so later....We also had a blood draw...that was an expreience I hope to not relive for a VERY long time, including the part where Ky almost bit the nurse. We went to the store and then home for a nap for Ky and busywork for me. I picked up her cousin R and dropped them both off with the in-laws for the weekend.

Sat: Work. After work I met our friend M at Ann's work to blow up balloons. Apparently (even though we have been planning this for weeks...) she forgot to see if there was helium in their tanks. There was not so a shopping trip complete with Chipotle followed. We came home and baked/decorated cake.

Sun: We were all up early to go decorate the park, grab breakfast, then go home to make hamburger patties and chop up toppings. After we all were showered and dressed we returned ot the park. My brother was already there so he set up the grill, while Ann and M blew up balloons, and I set up the food table. People started arriving and it was hot and crazy. Then the thunder started and Ann and M went home to get the cake (we left it at home for fear the icing would melt in the heat...). Well they did not make it before it started to POUR. I was hoping it would let up and they could make it back but no such luck. They finally decided to use the only umbrella in the house to shield the cake and get soaking wet carrying it out. Once they got back we did presents and cake. By the time we got home Ann and I were exhausted and Ky was getting her second wind after her bath. No one ever tells you when you have kids that birthdya parties are h*ll.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Friday: The usual, J worked night shift and I took A to her dads house. Iz and Bear went to bed as soon as we got home.

Saturday: We drove out toward LA to reopen an old credit union account then had lunch. Since we were in need of a wetbag we stopped at a cloth diapering/natural parenting store in the area to see what they had. I ended up with a wetbag, a BabyHawk carrier, and 6 Blueberry diapers. Spoiled I tell ya. J's aunt was having a little get together for her cousins birthday so we stopped by for a bit before heading home. On the way home we picked up an armoir for Bear's clothes. Everyone went to bed when we got home.

Sunday: We drove out to the area where we would like to buy a house and looked at some farmland, we found some beautiful properties. Iz and Bear went down for a nap when we got home and J and I put the armoir together. J worked night shift again so it was dinner, baths, bed for the kids. i stayed up readimg until 10:30 before I passed out. 

Sorry if there are any formatting errors, I'm posting from my Kindle since my computer needs some work done on it. 

• Options

I wish I could remember what we did this past weekend, but all I can remember is me giving Little Man a tiny taste of my hummus and him having the worst and fastest allergic reaction I had ever seen. DW and Peanut were at Target because Little Man was asleep when they were ready to leave and we did not want to wake him. When he woke up I fed him lunch and then got a snack for myself. I gave him a piece of pita bread (he likes that) and then saw me dip the pita into the hummus. He brought his piece over so I dipped it ... not much at all...then he began pulling his tongue, itching his neck, welts breaking out, and then both eyes swelled. I called DW and the pedi...thankfully we had benadryl around. He looks so horrible! We are so sad for our boy :-(

Needless to say we have an appointment at Children's with an allergist.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options

We went camping! We left Friday afternoon and stayed the night with my Nana, then left Kai (our dog, who is not a camping sort of dog) with her. On Saturday morning we drove up to Squamish, British Columbia. It was gorgeous! Our campground was across from Shannon Falls and we had a view of the waterfall from our site. We set up camp then went to explore the two small towns of Brittania Beach and Squamish and hiked around Shannon Falls. We got lots of great pictures! Then we headed back to camp to make dinner, watch stars and sleep cuddled up in our connected sleeping bags. 

Sunday morning we had breakfast by the creek before breaking down our campsite. Then we drove up to Whistler and walked around for awhile before heading back South. We stopped at Alice Lake which was breathtaking with the mountains behind. The drive back was just as lovely and we stopped for Korean food in Vancouver.  The weather was amazing all weekend (high 70s most of the day, into the 80s Sunday), clear and sunny.

We crossed the border without a wait and spent a bit of time at my Nana's before loading up again and heading home last night. We're excited to go back at some point (hopefully before fall if we can squeeze it in around my on-call time).

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Friday my parents arrived and picked up E from school. When I got home from work we went out to dinner. Home for hanging out and then E slept with her grandma, so I got out of bedtime duty.

Saturday E was awake at 6:15 but somehow my mom convinced her to let me sleep until 8:00. My dad left for my brother's house to help with some remodeling and I took my mom and E to a local farm for raspberry picking. E thought the patch "smelled" so she stood there plugging her nose the entire time my mom and I picked...EPIC FAIL. This was their first weekend of raspberries and they had been pretty well picked over, so we got less than 1/2 a flat and that was all we could take. Then we went to lunch at the farm's restaurant and to the amusement park and petting zoo there. E loved feeding the animals and she went on her first roller coaster ride with me and loved it. Then we went to my brother and SIL's and went to his friend's place for a bbq. View of downtown Seattle on a clear sunny day...nothing better. Late night for E who fell asleep on the ride home.

Sunday E slept in until 8:40 which is SO unheard of in my house! Chores around the house and then a 2:30 birthday party for one of E's classmates at an indoor bouncy house with no A/C and 80+ degrees outside temp. Can you say rosy kids cheeks? Home for dinner, bath and bed.

• Options

Painted the nursery!  Whew.  I feel much better now that we can actually start arranging stuff in there. 

The good:  It's done!  It's an ice blue color.  We're putting bright accents. 

The bad:  My mom called it "lavender."  (It does look different in the eve.)  It's a little different than what I was going for, but hopefully some bright accessories will "boy" it up a bit. 

Sunday we chilled, put stuff back together, may have found curtains for the room, and had some friends over to grill out. 

Foster to Adopt Licensure Process. Expect to be licensed in Sept or Oct. Looking for infant and older sibling.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"