Parenting after 35
Options

:: Vincent::

How is work going mama?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: :: Vincent::

• Options
    Yes!  How are you adjusting?
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

So much has happened since my frantic post about returning to work.  Maddie is in her second week of daycare and doing great (I cried the first 3 days).  Actually the main teacher told me yesterday she's been adjusting great and she's probably going through a growth spurt and we need to up her bottle volume (easier said than done since my milk supply could barely fill the three 4 oz bottles I was giving them).  She has doubled in weight from birth, coming in at 11.5, so I must be doing something good.  I am finally relieved that she's gaining weight (she was born 3 weeks early and it's been a challenge)

Now for the exciting part.  My old employment called me last week and offered me a job in my old department.  This couldn't have come at a better time.  The commute is only 5 miles from my house vs the 32+ mile one way trip and only 5 minutes, vs the 1 hr to 1 +1/2 hr.  Last week was so difficult, I was late every day and when I finally got to work I was completely stressed out.  I feel sad being out on leave and coming back for only a couple of weeks but since having Maddie my priorities have changed as they should be. 

Thanks for inquiring.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Delivered 3 weeks and 2 days early via emergency c/s due to pre-e

Anniversary
    Trying to Conceive Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Great to hear she is doing well and about the job change. 

Mama, please remember that formula is not poison and many of us had to suppliment BM with formula.  It is hard to work and pump at the same time. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yay!  That is so awesome about the new/old job opportunity!

Milk supply is such a pain, isn't it?  What pump do you have?  Are you getting enough water, now that you're back at work?  I found that pumping annoyingly frequently helped increase supply a lot, like trying to mimic cluster feeds at 15 minutes every hour/hour and a half for half the day.  SUPER annoying.  Like Vanverth said, there's always the formula-supplement option until you can pump a good backup supply.

I remember I also had trouble with freezing my milk.  I would defrost it and it smelled like fish!  I lost sooo much, I had already packed my freezer, and I cried and cried.  I heard if that's an issue you can try parboiling it before you freeze it. 

Anyway, yay that everyone is doing so well! 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

Happy to hear things are working out with daycare. It's always harder on the parents. I can't imagine (but worked with kids/babies for years and always saw that first day and thought oh man). 

Congrats about the old job, pretty exciting indeed. Everything happens for a reason, so remember that! BTW, hope things are going okay for your Mom too. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMrs_M:
    BTW, hope things are going okay for your Mom too. 
      Good memory Mrs_M.  My mom had surgery a couple of weeks ago "a full hysterectomy" and has been recovery and feeling great.   We are just now waiting impatiently to see if the cancer has spread, though he doctors are very positive that everything will be fine.  In the meantime, my mom said little Maddie has brought her spirits up so I make a point to visit with her weekly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Delivered 3 weeks and 2 days early via emergency c/s due to pre-e

Anniversary
    Trying to Conceive Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"