TTC after 35
Options

I'm 35, and TTC for the first time in my life.

My mom was 40 when she had my little brother.  Everything turned out great.  I'm comforted by this, but this wasn't her first child.  She had 3 babies before him. 

I remember my aunt buying her a magnet that said, "I'd rather be 40, than pregnant!"  Haha!

I wonder if the risks and/or complications would be higher if a 40 year old woman was having a baby for the first time?

Re: I'm 35, and TTC for the first time in my life.

• Options

From what I've heard the ability for moms/aunt/etc. to conceive later in life without complications doesn't translate to their daughters having the same ease. Just the same as if your mom suffered from IF would that mean you automatically would too. Older women go through more testing once they conceive and those results somewhat dictate if they will be high risk or not. Each pregnancy is different.

Also for what its worth, many women in their twenties have problems (check out the TTTC board) just the same as many women in their forties have no problems at all (check out the PG after 35 board.)

• Options

I am in the same boat as you. My sister-in-law had both of her girls around 40 and she had few issues. She does have a bad back though and a few other issues, so they suggested she stop after the 2nd one.

Good Luck :) 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I understand your concern.  I am 39 in a couple of months and am trying for the first time.  All this time I've been trying to prevent pregnancy and now that I want it, I worry about the what-ifs.

I've gone through all the testing however (even the HSG test which was not pleasant) and all seems good for me.  My hormones are good, my levels are good, my uterus looks good and my tubes are clear.  We'll see next month if the IUI works (was told by a psychic or two that it would work the first time so my hopes are up!).  I'll let you know... maybe it will give you some hope too!

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    i had my 1st and only at 37, and everything was just fine. Baby and i totally fine. good luck.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I started trying for my first at 37.  Not as easy as I thought it was going to be and not as easy as it would have been in my 20's.  Previous to a few months ago, I had no known issues.  I hope your journey is quicker and easier than mine has been.  :)
  • Options
    Welcome and GL.  Hope your stay here is short but sweet.  Kind of ironic isn't it...there comes a time when all you want is to conceive and prior to that you spent so much time and energy trying to avoid it.   At 35 you are a just a youngin'
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

oops...dupe post.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks you guys for the words of encouragement!   I really appreciate it!  Good luck to you all as well!  I am very happy to have joined this forum :)
  • Options
    imageMrkyrain:
    I started trying for my first at 37.  Not as easy as I thought it was going to be and not as easy as it would have been in my 20's.  Previous to a few months ago, I had no known issues.  I hope your journey is quicker and easier than mine has been.  :)
    Ditto this. I started a week before I turned 37. I will be 38 in 2 weeks. I thought it would be easy since my sister had 2 at 35 and 37. I was not so lucky. If I make it to egg retrieval, it could be on my 38th bday.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Options

imageMrs.McIrish:
    imageMrkyrain:
    Ditto this. I started a week before I turned 37. I will be 38 in 2 weeks. I thought it would be easy since my sister had 2 at 35 and 37. I was not so lucky. If I make it to egg retrieval, it could be on my 38th bday.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that I just turned 39 so almost been at this two years. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"