Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Baylor-Grapevine

Hi ladies!  I am new to the metroplex.  I will be delivering at Baylor-Grapevine.  Anyone had any experiences here? I really wanted a birthing center IN a hospital, but none in the metroplex that I could locate. 

Thanks! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baylor-Grapevine

• I delivered my youngest two children there.  Its an absolutely wonderful hospital and I wouldn't deliver anywhere else!  Its clean, the staff is amazing, the postpartum ward is wonderful, they are all thorough, etc... the NICU is a level 3, which is nice to have if for some reason the baby needs to be there.  Its just wonderful.  I had a wonderful experience both times and wish we'd lived here when I delivered my oldest!  Do you already have an OB?  
  • I am going to visit Dr. Chen today!  I hope I like her! Who did you use? May need a b/u!

Did you do anything natural?  I'm thinking I want to.. unsure about doing it in the hospital setting.  I am a nurse myself.. and I know how we can be sometimes :)

Thanks for the info!!! 

• Loading the player...
  • I will be delivering there for the first time in September. I delivered at Baylor All Saints (in downtown Fort Worth) last time. But, I am in a playgroup where nearly all of the women delivered at Baylor Grapevine and I haven't heard one bad thing about it.

I do know one woman specifically who went completely natural and said they were really supportive and never asked her if she wanted an epidural once she told them she wanted to go natural. She also really liked that they have tubs you can labor in until your water breaks. 

I am using Dr. Wai at Obstetrics and Gynecology of North Texas. He was recommended by a friend and I really like him. I have two friends who use Dr. Walters (can't remember her first name) who also delivers at Baylor Grapevine and really like her. Good luck with your appointment! 

• I delivered there and it was a great experience.  Definitely very clean and friendly helpful nurses. 

The only negative thing I can say is regarding their lactation consultants.  They were just too busy to help us and very pushy and insistant which is the last thing a new mommy with lactation issues needs to deal with.

• I loved everything about my experience there! There is a hospital being built closer to my house, but we will still go to Baylor when it's time for #2.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I had my first there in 2008 & will have my 2nd there this summer. I had a scheduled c/s, so no experience with going natural, but I really liked the hospital. The nurses all seemed so nice & I definitely wanted to go there for my next delivery.

I would agree with the pp about the LCs though. I felt like she was rushed & in hindsight did more harm (by introducing a breast shield) than good. I hoped my experience was just b/c it was labor day weekend & they were busy, but maybe not. If you're interested in bfeeding I highly recommend googling Dr Jack Newmans bfeeding videos. I had a really rough time with it & discovering those videos was a life saver!! So much more helpful than the bfeeding class I took.

Married: '06 - Mom of 3 boys: '08, '11 & '14

• I have Dr. Flowers, whom I love. She's in the same practice as Dr. Wai, recommended above, but she delivers her own patients. 

I would also agree about the LCs... with my son (my 2nd), they didn't even stop by, which was fine because I had already BFd my daughter and knew what I was doing... but with my 2nd daughter (my 3rd child, and 3rd child to BF), they were incessant and would not leave, even though I had guests presently in the room and had told them I'd exclusively BFd two children before and had no questions.  They were even showing me pictures of how to hold the baby for various positions... I felt like if I was that annoyed and pressured with my third, how would a brand new mom feel with them being so pushy about something so new?  That is my only complaint about the hospital... but their nursing shop is really nice and they have tons of Medela supplies so you don't have to buy online. 

• Thanks for all of the great information!  I am much more encouraged now.  I am moving to the Keller area from Little Rock (where I had a DR and a hospital I loved!)

• I delivered there in March.I had a great experience!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for asking this! I meant to - Im due Sept 2 and I picked this hospital b/c I live in Keller, work in Irving and this is a good neutral spot PLUS I've heard nothing but goodness!!

I do not necessarily love my OB's office but its right across the street (Women's Integrated Healthcare). My Dr, Dr. Allen is so amazing, really nice but the front office is HORRID! If I wasn't having such an easy pregnancy, I'd probably change but I'm ok with it now.  Hope you find a good OB and I'm sure we'll all love the hospital!  Good luck!!

• imageJessicaJenkins83:

Thanks for asking this! I meant to - Im due Sept 2 and I picked this hospital b/c I live in Keller, work in Irving and this is a good neutral spot PLUS I've heard nothing but goodness!!

I do not necessarily love my OB's office but its right across the street (Women's Integrated Healthcare). My Dr, Dr. Allen is so amazing, really nice but the front office is HORRID! If I wasn't having such an easy pregnancy, I'd probably change but I'm ok with it now.  Hope you find a good OB and I'm sure we'll all love the hospital!  Good luck!!

I had an excellent delivery expierence, but like others I had a horrible experience with the LC's.  I actually have one tell me that I was going to have to start formula, and I felt like she should have been my champion for doing everything before that happened.  We did have some wonderful nurses though. 

Point being, learn everything about breastfeeding that you can before you go :)

• I too went through Women's Integrated Healthcare and I had a c-section as well as an unmedicated VBAC at BG. The LCs a the hspital were awful but the LC at WIH was great if you need someone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"